watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classic94

As it stands, the only position which urgently needs filling is RCB. Odoi is the only natural option we currently have and, while he's performed admirably, cannot be relied upon across 46 games. We absolutely must upgrade here. We could 'get away' with not signing a CM or RB in this window. In fact, this may even open a pathway for the likes of S Sess, Fossey, O'Riley, De la Torre, Edun, Harris...

I Ronic

Sorry to go back a page or two reference "Loan" players. You can only have  agreed buy clause if the other club agrees. Both Newcastle and Southampton viewed Mitro and Targett as maybe needed dependant on how their season went.

AllyWhite

Quote from: JimOG on July 23, 2019, 09:03:18 AM
I hope SP has sat down with Matt O'Riley and reassured him he will have a big role to play this year. Very gifted, tall and getting stronger.

He looks very composed in the middle of the park and has a wicked left foot. Enjoyed watching his highlights below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XAvJ1kh37A

grandad

Quote from: AllyWhite on July 23, 2019, 01:51:41 PM
I hope SP has sat down with Matt O'Riley and reassured him he will have a big role to play this year. Very gifted, tall and getting stronger.

He looks very composed in the middle of the park and has a wicked left foot. Enjoyed watching his highlights below.

I think he has the potential to succeed TC. Need to tie him down to a very long contract with a huge release clause.
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

Just spoken to a Sheffield Wednesday ST holder friend. He told me Onomah is rubbish. Thinks he is better than he is just because his parent club are Spurs. He advised to stay well clear.

Bracken White

Hmmm - odd that, he's played for England at Youth & U21 Level. So must have ability & both SP & Matt Wells know him, too & good to back their judgement at this stage.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

filham

Our team is looking quiet good but it would be great if a couple of really talented youngsters could make the break into the team by Christmas.

Barrett487

6' 1" CB

https://www.les-transferts.com/rumeur-mercato/transfert-en-angleterre-ou-retour-en-l1-pour-gbamin.html

Exiled in Germany since 2016, Jean-Philippe Gbamin would have this summer the opportunity to return to Ligue 1.

Indeed, the player Mainz, recruited for 5 million euros, appear on the shelves of PSG, Lyon and Marseille, if we believe the German daily Bild.

The 23-year-old, now estimated at 30 million euros, also reportedly caught the eye of Arsenal and Fulham.

The Rational Fan

I hope Parker doesn't say "you have a big role to play this year" cause it's a lie, as the four midfielders ahead of him will start every game they are available. The truth is the first league game O'Riley will probably play is against Milwall in the middle of a triple header week and if he has a shocker, it will be a while before he gets another chance. Actions speak loader than words, if O'Riley was ready he would have played against Newcastle last season. O'Riley is still younger than when Anguissa played first team football, i think the best is to send him on loan for at least half a season.

grandad

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 24, 2019, 01:32:49 AM

I hope Parker doesn't say "you have a big role to play this year" cause it's a lie, as the four midfielders ahead of him will start every game they are available. The truth is the first league game O'Riley will probably play is against Milwall in the middle of a triple header week and if he has a shocker, it will be a while before he gets another chance. Actions speak loader than words, if O'Riley was ready he would have played against Newcastle last season. O'Riley is still younger than when Anguissa played first team football, i think the best is to send him on loan for at least half a season.

I want SP to bring him on as a future replacement for TC. It´s a long season & we can´t expect TC to play 50 odd matches .I would introduce him in selected matches as either a starter or at 60-70 minutes. He should be on the bench at least.

junior white

I like O'Riley, there's something about him that says I will do well. I see him more like Stef Jo than TC though, more of a box to box player for me

Tabby

Quote from: junior white on July 24, 2019, 09:35:32 AM
I like O'Riley, there's something about him that says I will do well. I see him more like Stef Jo than TC though, more of a box to box player for me

He has been swapped in for Kmac during the friendlies so far, think Parker sees him playing as a deep lying playmaker. He has the frame for doing the physical side as well.

junior white

Quote from: Tabby on July 24, 2019, 09:49:29 AM
Quote from: junior white on July 24, 2019, 09:35:32 AM

He has been swapped in for Kmac during the friendlies so far, think Parker sees him playing as a deep lying playmaker. He has the frame for doing the physical side as well.
Fair enough, Was form what i had seen prior to this season. But I certainly didn't se him in the number 10 role

Milo

O Reilly, De La Torre, and S Sess all can be slowly worked in this season.

Ideally let's give them three year contracts now (if not already done..) so they're not snapped up!

Art Vandelay

O'RILEY OFF OVERSEAS?

Another top young English talent could soon be developing his career abroad as several clubs look to sign Fulham midfielder Matt O'Riley, Sky Sports News understands.

The Fulham academy product, who has a year left on his current deal, has been part of the club's first team squad in pre-season, but has struggled for opportunities to secure a regular slot in Scott Parker's starting XI.

Braga and Dynamo Zagreb have been joined by Hertha Berlin and Hamburg in monitoring the 18-year old – who has represented England at U16 and U18 levels.

FC Copenhagen are also understood to be keen on O'Riley, who also qualifies to play for Denmark.

Closer to home as many as three Premier League clubs have the classy young midfielder in their sights - although to date we understand Fulham have told potential suitor that O'Riley is not for sale.

Skatzoffc

I suggest we play him for his Corner kick ability alone.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 24, 2019, 01:01:25 PM

I suggest we play him for his Corner kick ability alone.

That made me shudder as it reminded me of the poor quality of our corners last season, particularly Seri's.

grandad

We must get O´Riley signed up with a long contract. He only has a year left & we don´t want him to be snapped up for peanuts. He has got to feature this season to make him want to stay. We have lost too many promising Academy graduates.

junior white

Quote from: grandad on July 24, 2019, 02:23:31 PM
We must get O´Riley signed up with a long contract. He only has a year left & we don´t want him to be snapped up for peanuts. He has got to feature this season to make him want to stay. We have lost too many promising Academy graduates.
Reportedly doesn't want to sign one, also reported he said he will stay this season to see how things go