watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgnffc

How many wingers can we play at any one time?

It's all gone ominously quiet re any defenders!

Skatzoffc

Quote from: dgnffc on July 24, 2019, 02:47:52 PM
How many wingers can we play at any one time?

It's all gone ominously quiet re any defenders!

same old same old.
Ho hum
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Nero

Quote from: junior white on July 24, 2019, 03:12:31 PM
Quote from: mkras99 on July 24, 2019, 02:45:05 PM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulhams-offer-21-year-old-declined-club-not-happy-terms/
Suspect he was a second choice behind cav and Knockeart

Journalism now days find an old story and find a way to rehash it to make it sound relevant 

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Nero on July 24, 2019, 03:29:23 PM
http://sportwitness.co.uk/fulhams-offer-21-year-old-declined-club-not-happy-terms/

Journalism now days find an old story and find a way to rehash it to make it sound relevant

So...who would rather have this player on loan for a year instead of holding on the Ryan Sess for the next two weeks and then keep him for a year instead.

Sorry...I'd rather hold onto Ryan for a year and lose him for a free after.     Hell, we already have Ryan.

fulhamfan

Ryan gone by weekend i think

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 24, 2019, 04:30:22 PM
Quote from: Nero on July 24, 2019, 03:29:23 PM

So...who would rather have this player on loan for a year instead of holding on the Ryan Sess for the next two weeks and then keep him for a year instead.

Sorry...I'd rather hold onto Ryan for a year and lose him for a free after.     Hell, we already have Ryan.

Are you really prepared to turn down £20m as some of the media say, or even £10m for one season's service? If he would come you could probably get Bale for a season for that price. That makes no football sense let alone business sense.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 24, 2019, 05:59:16 PM

Are you really prepared to turn down £20m as some of the media say, or even £10m for one season's service? Spurs  could probably get Bale for a season for that price. That makes no football sense let alone business sense.

I would turn down 10 million in a heartbeat. Sessegnon was voted Championship player of the year last time around (before turning 18). Although I think that the vote was blinded by the success story and that he was far from the best player in the division that season, he did show that he can be a force to be reckoned with. Although with our two newest additions I assume that Sess is on his way.

Statto

Apparently we're paying a £4m fee for Knockaert even if he leaves at the end of the season, and whilst I think he's slightky better than Sessegnon, his transfer carries the usual risks of a new player not settling in etc.

If we keep Sessegnon this year, we'll probably get at least what, £5m at tribunal if he leaves next summer. So net downside of £5m if we rejected a £10m offer this summer. So roughly the same as the coat of Knockaert for a year.

I also think there's a good chance that if we go up, he'll sign a new contract at that stage, in which we get a £40m player for nothing. Massive potential upside.

On that basis it makes perfect football and business sense to me to reject any offer around the £10m level this summer.

AnOldBrownie

I dont care about maybes. Ryan is currently under contract and would be a valuable component going back up. If our owners arent concerned about the financial hit I sure as heck aint.

I like Ayite and Kabano but they arent a Ryan Sess... And we need one of those more than we need a payout.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

simplyfulham

Got to agree with Statto. Well worth holding on to.

I think Man City nicked a kid off West Brom this summer and they paid for about £5m for him. Or maybe that's what they expect the tribunal to land on, I've got to admit I can't remember the exact circumstance.

Danny Ings went from Burnley to Liverpool for £8m in a tribunal about 3 or 4 years ago.

If those are case studies to go by then I'd bet we'd get at least £10m.

If we kept him, got promoted and the financial benefits that brings and we get £10m in a tribunal.. I reckon we'd have done well out of that.

Sir Craven

Salford City FC

@SalfordCityFC
We have today signed Cameron Burgess on a season-long loan from Scunthorpe United!

Welcome to Salford, @CamBurgess95 🤝 #WeAreSalford 🦁🔴

View image on Twitter
5:30 PM - Jul 24, 2019

Colorado White

Quote from: FulhamKC on July 22, 2019, 09:10:15 PM
FWIW, Ream played left FB for the US this summer at the Gold Cup.

True, but he didn't get up the field. Which was fine in the system Greg Burhalter was playing. It won't work in SPs plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJS

Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2019, 06:36:06 PM
Apparently we're paying a £4m fee for Knockaert even if he leaves at the end of the season, and whilst I think he's slightky better than Sessegnon, his transfer carries the usual risks of a new player not settling in etc.

If we keep Sessegnon this year, we'll probably get at least what, £5m at tribunal if he leaves next summer. So net downside of £5m if we rejected a £10m offer this summer. So roughly the same as the coat of Knockaert for a year.

I also think there's a good chance that if we go up, he'll sign a new contract at that stage, in which we get a £40m player for nothing. Massive potential upside.

On that basis it makes perfect football and business sense to me to reject any offer around the £10m level this summer.

Unfortunately we would get nothing for Ryan at the end of his contract and there is no way he will sign a new contract as he wants to get a better deal from his next club, that is why we will sell him now and to be honest I won't miss him based on last years performances.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: KJS on July 24, 2019, 08:22:13 PM

Unfortunately we would get nothing for Ryan at the end of his contract and there is no way he will sign a new contract as he wants to get a better deal from his next club, that is why we will sell him now and to be honest I won't miss him based on last years performances.
Why would he get a better deal from his next team? The Khans arent poor and Fulham will be in the EPL.

And ffs.. People sure are quick to write off a teenager thats given 100% on the pitch whenever hes suited up.

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 24, 2019, 08:35:32 PM

Why would he get a better deal from his next team? The Khans arent poor and Fulham will be in the EPL.

Let's say Sessegnon does end up staying this season and can go for free next summer. A team abroad like a Dortmund, PSG etc. know they can get him for a ~500k development fee. They could offer Sessegnon 100k a week which I highly doubt we'd offer him, which works out as about 4.8m a year. They instantly have someone worth 20-30m to a Premier League team, just for the simple fact he fills the HG quota. If he plays well that goes up to 40-50m.

Lyle from Hangeland

Why would Ryan not take the opportunity to play Champions League football? Fulham can't offer him that. The Khan's wealth is also blunted by FFP. They can't have the same wage budget as a Tottenham, because Fulham earns less.

I hope Ryan stays and signs, but it looks like he wants to leave the club for a bigger club.

St Eve

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on July 24, 2019, 08:46:50 PM

Why would Ryan not take the opportunity to play Champions League football? Fulham can't offer him that. The Khan's wealth is also blunted by FFP. They can't have the same wage budget as a Tottenham, because Fulham earns less.

I hope Ryan stays and signs, but it looks like he wants to leave the club for a bigger club.
If you are on the bench it isn't really playing. I still have a feeling he will stay with us

love4ffc

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but I've been told by a friend that Anguissa is going on loan for the season to Spain tomorrow. Not sure which club. 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?