Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

I'd be pretty pi**ed if true. No idea why we'd let him go now

Milo

Quote from: love4ffc on July 24, 2019, 09:15:34 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but I've been told by a friend that Anguissa is going on loan for the season to Spain tomorrow. Not sure which club. 

Shame if true. Thought from the kit pictures etc he was going to help us battle it out.

Apprentice to the Maestro

The team, the club, Ryan himself and this messageboard have been distracted by this ongoing saga about interest from Spurs for 18+ months now.

I would be most happy if Ryan signed a new contract with a reasonable buy out clause but that has not happened and looks unlikely.

It really needs to be cleared up by transfer deadline day so that the team can concentrate on returning to the PL.

AnOldBrownie

I hope hes here for 9 more months. If he wants big boy football then he should go... When someone is willing to pay for his services.

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk

SP

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but I've been told by a friend that Anguissa is going on loan for the season to Spain tomorrow. Not sure which club. 

Wouldn't come as a surprise, good luck to him.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 24, 2019, 09:18:34 PM
The team, the club, Ryan himself and this messageboard have been distracted by this ongoing saga about interest from Spurs for 18+ months now.

I would be most happy if Ryan signed a new contract with a reasonable buy out clause but that has not happened and looks unlikely.

It really needs to be cleared up by transfer deadline day so that the team can concentrate on returning to the PL.
Its already clear in Tony Khans eyes. Why do you think it isnt?

Sting of the North

Quote from: KJS on July 24, 2019, 08:22:13 PM

Unfortunately we would get nothing for Ryan at the end of his contract and there is no way he will sign a new contract as he wants to get a better deal from his next club, that is why we will sell him now and to be honest I won't miss him based on last years performances.

I think you are wrong. We would still get the development fee, wouldn't we? Should be worth north of 5 millions at the very least.

I also think it would be a tad less shortsighted to look at his performances last time he played in the Championship, since we will be playing there this coming season. I would miss him a lot, as would the team and our chances of promotion I believe. Not saying we can't get promoted without him, but if he were to stay our chances would increase.

@jolslover

Would be very upset if real
STH H3

Sting of the North

Quote from: @jolslover on July 24, 2019, 09:44:14 PM

Me too. Would feel a lot less optimistic about our chances of promotion.

grandad

So how did your "friend" become the first to break this "news"?
Where there's a will there's a wife

BestOfBrede

Still don't understand why we haven't reported that horrible north London club to the FA got tapping up a contracted player?
They have been on and on and on for a very longtime with no real offer, that they are "interested", as far as I'm aware?
Surely something needs to be done to stop these so called 'big' clubs from constantly flirting with the rules?
Seems to happen every single time we get a good(potentially in this case) player they make noises but don't offer the going rate!
Can't stand them, possibly even more than our horrible neighbours.

Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2019, 06:36:06 PM
Apparently we're paying a £4m fee for Knockaert even if he leaves at the end of the season, and whilst I think he's slightky better than Sessegnon, his transfer carries the usual risks of a new player not settling in etc.

If we keep Sessegnon this year, we'll probably get at least what, £5m at tribunal if he leaves next summer. So net downside of £5m if we rejected a £10m offer this summer. So roughly the same as the coat of Knockaert for a year.

I also think there's a good chance that if we go up, he'll sign a new contract at that stage, in which we get a £40m player for nothing. Massive potential upside.

On that basis it makes perfect football and business sense to me to reject any offer around the £10m level this summer.

A tribunal fee of £5m and a net cost of £5m may be a fair assessment by £20+ is the fee generally being banded about.

The assumption most seem to be making is that Sessegnon will return to the best of his form of our promotion year. With his mind distracted by all this transfer talk I doubt this. His form dropped off in a previous transfer window and may do again.

With the £10m offer I was thinking if that was the only offer on the table and Sessegnon's mind was elsewhere so that we would not get value for the £5m net cost particularly now there is competition for his place in the side. That is the worst scenario.

That Sessegnon might sign for us if we got promoted seems to be wishful thinking.

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 24, 2019, 06:43:27 PM
I dont care about maybes. Ryan is currently under contract and would be a valuable component going back up. If our owners arent concerned about the financial hit I sure as heck aint.

I like Ayite and Kabano but they arent a Ryan Sess... And we need one of those more than we need a payout.

It is not a matter of just a matter of if the owners are willing to take a hit. A major issue is FFP.

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 24, 2019, 08:35:32 PM
Quote from: KJS on July 24, 2019, 08:22:13 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 24, 2019, 06:36:06 PM
Apparently we're paying a £4m fee for Knockaert even if he leaves at the end of the season, and whilst I think he's slightky better than Sessegnon, his transfer carries the usual risks of a new player not settling in etc.

If we keep Sessegnon this year, we'll probably get at least what, £5m at tribunal if he leaves next summer. So net downside of £5m if we rejected a £10m offer this summer. So roughly the same as the coat of Knockaert for a year.

I also think there's a good chance that if we go up, he'll sign a new contract at that stage, in which we get a £40m player for nothing. Massive potential upside.

On that basis it makes perfect football and business sense to me to reject any offer around the £10m level this summer.

Unfortunately we would get nothing for Ryan at the end of his contract and there is no way he will sign a new contract as he wants to get a better deal from his next club, that is why we will sell him now and to be honest I won't miss him based on last years performances.
Why would he get a better deal from his next team? The Khans arent poor and Fulham will be in the EPL.

And ffs.. People sure are quick to write off a teenager thats given 100% on the pitch whenever hes suited up.

Again this is a matter of FFP. Spurs will have a higher wage budget.

Also, if Sessegnon goes for a fee assessed by a tribunal fee rather than a transfer fee then he can most likely negotiate a higher salary.

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 24, 2019, 09:21:32 PM
Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 24, 2019, 09:18:34 PM

Its already clear in Tony Khans eyes. Why do you think it isnt?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this.

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 24, 2019, 09:45:18 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on July 24, 2019, 09:44:14 PM

Me too. Would feel a lot less optimistic about our chances of promotion.

agreed, but i can't see it myself

Spirit of 2000

Sessegnon 100% going in next few days. Fulham are stringing the deal out as Parker wants Juan Foyth a CB on loan for the season.  Spurs weren't initially keen

Danitar

Are we getting Besic in as a replacement then, I can't see why we would be letting him go if we didn't already have a replacement lined up. If Besic is coming in I think this is a better move than keeping Anguissa as Besic is more suited to the league

Statto

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 24, 2019, 09:47:46 PM
£20+ is the fee generally being banded about.

with what portion of that payable immediately, without conditions?

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on July 24, 2019, 09:47:46 PM
That Sessegnon might sign for us if we got promoted seems to be wishful thinking.

hmmm, let's just say predictions either way are largely baseless conjecture

Danitar

Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on July 24, 2019, 10:12:06 PM
Sessegnon 100% going in next few days. Fulham are stringing the deal out as Parker wants Juan Foyth a CB on loan for the season.  Spurs weren't initially keen

I don't want foyth in, every time he plays he always looks clumsy. Just look at the red card he got against Bournemouth and that was just poor all round with the lose of the ball to the high tackle. It's a no from more on him. I would rather have carter-vickers instead