watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

That still suggests we are looking to offload and not that Zambo wants out.....Unless I've read it wrong.

filham

Without Anguissa our midfield consists only of Johansen, Macdonald and Cairney, that is not going to get us through a whole season, we need reinforcements.

Ordar

I would be really annoyed if we sold him, unless he's causing disruptions. He will be immense in the Championship

AnOldBrownie

No reason to get riled up until the club or Tony Khan make an announcement.    If we see Andre holding up a Villareal banner or kit (ala Seri) then I'll start being concerned.

Changes from last summers additions...

Potential outs
Vietto
Chambers
Seri
Schurrle
Fosu Mensah
Rico
Anguissa

Still on the squad

Joe Bryan
MLM
Mawson
Fabri

:023:

Tony can't be that stupid to think Cisse, Stefjo, Macdonald and Cairney are enough in our midfield to feed the front line.    Seriously...I'm not saying Andre' is a world beater at championship level, but he looks to be the best box to box we had on the squad...and he's going to get sold?

Still not freaking out though.   It's just a move that doesn't make sense unless TK already has gotten an OK for a player of equal skill who may have more championship experience.   

Edit:   If this ends up being BS I will never believe another thing I read on this forum.   Not one thing.

Camel Club

If Ryan were to sign a new contract this would arguably be the best summer transfer window in the club's history.

Riversider

Quote from: Camel Club on July 25, 2019, 03:33:44 PM
If Ryan were to sign a new contract this would arguably be the best summer transfer window in the club's history.

Where would you play him ?

YoungsBitter

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 25, 2019, 03:09:25 PM
That still suggests we are looking to offload and not that Zambo wants out.....Unless I've read it wrong.
The original article says it is us trying to offload him, the other two just quote it. So it could be total BS, it could also be just a loan with the club not being sure he is up to the roughhousing of the Championship. Villareal want a loan.
It would bug me as I was in the camp that he would tear up the division and definitely not a fan of us choosing Arter instead of him.
Quark, strangeness and charm

wheelerdeeler

We're looking at needing a Centre-Back and two Centre-Mids minimum if/when Zambo goes. And that's under the assumption that Parker wants to back S. Sessegnon for Right-Back next season as he seemingly does.

We don't know how much money we can spend this summer, especially as we're seemingly only going to be bringing in one "significant" transfer fee (Sessegnon)- so it's hard to gauge the sort of market we can shop in for those positions. The annoying thing is someone like Fabri could still be here at the end of August and then get sold/loaned out at the last minute- which doesn't benefit us in any way because the market's already closed for us.

wheelerdeeler

If we do effectively swap Arter for Zambo we'll have a lot of players 28+ or turning 28 next season, which is slightly concerning and doesn't really match up with what's one of Tony Khan's seemingly main transfer policies. We need to have some players that we can build up and add value to so we can sell and generally speaking I'd say we need to try for players in the sort of 21-24 age range.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 19, 2019, 03:41:48 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 19, 2019, 03:01:44 PM
Quote from: LVBPT on July 19, 2019, 02:12:20 PM
Anguissa is an absolute nailed on to stay

You think?😉

Pogba lite?   Absolutely.   Scott Parker rates him.   As do I.

There are still 3 available CBs that I'd be happy bringing in any of.

Michael Hector
Daniel Ayala
Axel Tuanzebe

Any of the 3 would improve the CB position.   Question is, who wants to come to Fulham.

Hence the.. you think😉

Got told by a couple of people 2 weeks ago he probably wont be here come the start of the season. Chinese clubs were taking an interest as well as a few looking to loan him on the continent.
As for Parker rating him I think there was a touch of the Harvey Elliotts about that, had to play him to put him in the shop window.
Personally dont see what the major fuss is about him, put a few decent performances in when it was all over & for 23million quid thats the least you should expect.
Think he would be great in the championship but cant see him playing there, as soon as the season over betting him & Seri's agent went into overdrive

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Riversider on July 25, 2019, 03:35:55 PM

OK...this is easy.    Left wing...off the bench...but if he's in form you can play him in the starting 11 ahead of Ivan.

Have people really forgotten two seasons ago that quickly?

AnOldBrownie

Question I'm going to ask everyone here.

If you were Tony Khan would you have loaned Seri?

If you were Tony Khan would you sell Anguissa?   (Thinking about the benefit to the team and it's chance to come back up)

Mind...there are two weeks left in the transfer window.

Riversider

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 25, 2019, 04:14:29 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 25, 2019, 03:35:55 PM

OK...this is easy.    Left wing...off the bench...but if he's in form you can play him in the starting 11 ahead of Ivan.

Have people really forgotten two seasons ago that quickly?

Ahead of Ivan ! Don't think that's going to happen.

Statto

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 25, 2019, 04:20:06 PM
Question I'm going to ask everyone here.

If you were Tony Khan would you have loaned Seri?

If you were Tony Khan would you sell Anguissa?   (Thinking about the benefit to the team and it's chance to come back up)

Mind...there are two weeks left in the transfer window.

Seri was more highly-rated than Anguissa so IMO Seri more justified in wanting to go to another top flight league rather than dropping down with us. There's also more chance of someone paying Seri's book value for him because of his reputation. He's also old and not going to get any bettter, so wants to be making the best of his career over the next couple of years. He's also very small and weak so may never be comfortable in the English leagues.

I'd be surprised if there's the same level/quality of interest in Anguissa. I certainly don't see anyone paying £20m+ for him. His fee was also largely based on his age and potential. He's not good enough for the top flight yet, therefore a year in the Championship is probably the best thing for his development. He has the physical attributes to excel over here.

To answer your question, yes I would have loaned or sold Seri but I'd keep Anguissa.

jayffc

If Anguissa goes, it's probably because he wants out, whatever 'some reports say'. The podcast with Tony Khan made clear he was wanting some of those who might want out to make it clear so he could make the moves we needed in the transfer market to have a squad that wanted to be here and fight. If Anguissa has decided he wants to move on, so be it. Of course we will do what we can to replace him, why wouldn't we. We all want business done asap but reality is. tons. if not most clubs do end up doing a flurry of business on the last day or 2 of the window, so I won't be surprised or overly angry if that's the case again. We have FFP to deal with this year so of course well be looking for the best deals we can get. Those often come at the end of the window evidently. It's a risk but its how the business is these days.

Riversider

Latest score update on Ceefax
QPR 11
Fulham 2
Still time for us to get 2 or 3 back, it's still all to play for 😉

Mince n Tatties

I did post at the end of the season,even though he played last few games,that Parker didn't fancy him.
Maybe and that's what it is,maybe the truth after all what I was told.

MJG

Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 25, 2019, 03:59:19 PM
If we do effectively swap Arter for Zambo we'll have a lot of players 28+ or turning 28 next season, which is slightly concerning and doesn't really match up with what's one of Tony Khan's seemingly main transfer policies. We need to have some players that we can build up and add value to so we can sell and generally speaking I'd say we need to try for players in the sort of 21-24 age range.
Can't really have the 28 argument if that's the route we take. Plenty of posts on here saying we shouldn't have the age limit... He gets rid and its still wrong.
Just the views of a long term fan

AnOldBrownie

Quote"if there are no unexpected setbacks, Villarreal could announce its signing in the next few days."

067.gif

We'll see.    Don't bet the house just yet.  (Same with Sess)

Doesn't it seem unrealistic to everyone else that outgoing players that everyone knows could be important pieces in this years promotion run (and both are under contract) are moved with only two weeks to go in the transfer window?

I mean you're going to let Andre' go without already having a backup to him signed?    I can get why people think Sess is going (even though I don't think he is) with the addition of the two wingers brought in...but Fulham haven't brought in diddly squat for the midfield other than Stefjo...who was pretty good in 17/18 but not great.    I know hopes are high on O'Riley...but are you going to sell Anguissa and play O'Riley regular minutes instead?

It seems like, after all the good TK has done this off season...he last minute decides to gamble and hope that he can officially sign a replacement...or run with O'Riley or Cisse?

I don't know...I'm hoping this isn't TK taking a leap.

If you take Sess and Anguissa out of our current squad there are 19 first team players that got regular 1st team minutes on ANY squad last season.

That's a small number for a 1st team fighting for promotion...with over 40 games in the season.   

wheelerdeeler

Quote from: MJG on July 25, 2019, 05:38:18 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 25, 2019, 03:59:19 PM
Can't really have the 28 argument if that's the route we take. Plenty of posts on here saying we should have the age limit... He gets rid and its still wrong.

I'm completely in favour of the "28 rule". As long as there's exceptions like there was with Babel, for a club our size we need to make sure we have players with resell value- because otherwise we just need one or two bad seasons and we end up like Derby with a load of players 30+ who no other teams would touch with a barge pole because of the wages they're on (Martin, Anya etc.) and sales of players like Will Hughes, Vydra etc. go to funding said players wages rather than significantly improving the playing squad.