https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Quote from: Riversider on July 25, 2019, 03:35:55 PM
Quote from: Camel Club on July 25, 2019, 03:33:44 PM
If Ryan were to sign a new contract this would arguably be the best summer transfer window in the club's history.

Where would you play him ?
You are right, there is no place for Sess. in our starting eleven, he has to become an impact sub.

Fernhurst

Quote from: MJG on July 25, 2019, 01:48:57 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 25, 2019, 01:32:44 PM
Arter for Anguissa would be bad on so many levels - age, quality, personality, nepotism

TK needs to come out and say these rumours are BS
Its not a rumour (about Frank) im sorry to say

Shame, was looking forward to seeing him perform in the Championship.
He was beginning to get to grip with how we play at the back end of last season. Disappointed but not heart broken. The Everton lad will suit Parkers eye a bit better. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Camel Club

Quote from: filham on July 25, 2019, 05:54:33 PM
Quote from: Riversider on July 25, 2019, 03:35:55 PM
Quote from: Camel Club on July 25, 2019, 03:33:44 PM
If Ryan were to sign a new contract this would arguably be the best summer transfer window in the club's history.

Where would you play him ?
You are right, there is no place for Sess. in our starting eleven, he has to become an impact sub.

When I originally posted this it was simply down to the message it would send out to the rest of the football world; similar to Mitro's decision to extend his contract by a year.

I agree that Sess wouldn't necessarily currently get in to the starting line up. Cavaleiro certainly wasn't signed to be his understudy.

Sess didn't live up to expectations last season in an albeit underperforming side and his head will have certainly been turned both in terms of the potential transfer fee and the clubs he has been linked with.

We need to remember he has only just turned 19 and would, in my almost certainly biased opinion, benefit from staying with us, getting his head down and fighting for a place in a team that may well be back in the Premier League this time next year, rather than sign for a top 6 club only to warm the bench at best but in all likelihood be loaned out to Celtic or AZ Alkmaar.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 25, 2019, 05:31:32 PM
I did post at the end of the season,even though he played last few games,that Parker didn't fancy him.
Maybe and that's what it is,maybe the truth after all what I was told.

I think the opposite of this is true, after the majority of games since he took over Parker always spoke to Anguissa for long periods of time after the game. Started pretty much every game since Parker came in and Parker did several positive interviews on him as well. I think Parker was a big fan
STH H3

Arthur

Quote from: love4ffc on July 24, 2019, 09:15:34 PM
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet or not, but I've been told by a friend that Anguissa is going on loan for the season to Spain tomorrow. Not sure which club. 

Good call.

A day ahead of it breaking in the media.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: @jolslover on July 25, 2019, 07:47:32 PM
I did post at the end of the season,even though he played last few games,that Parker didn't fancy him.

I think the opposite of this is true, after the majority of games since he took over Parker always spoke to Anguissa for long periods of time after the game. Started pretty much every game since Parker came in and Parker did several positive interviews on him as well. I think Parker was a big fan

Parker had no option but to say what he did in the interviews, all managers do.
I got told he was told to play him(was it to do with how much he cost?),and he didn't fancy him.
We will see.

@jolslover

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 25, 2019, 09:31:35 PM
Quote from: @jolslover on July 25, 2019, 07:47:32 PM

Parker had no option but to say what he did in the interviews, all managers do.
I got told he was told to play him(was it to do with how much he cost?),and he didn't fancy him.
We will see.

He will leave I think but I do think Parker liked him
https://www.google.com/search?q=parker+anguissa&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiToKmS99DjAhUXQkEAHSD3DBEQ_AUIEigC&biw=1920&bih=969
Doubt you will find any other player Parker showed that much attention too last season
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

I remember Fergie say wonderful things about Jaap Stam days later he was gone..😊

Mince n Tatties

Cracking Electric Storm here in Newmarket at  moment,sky continuously lit up...⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 25, 2019, 10:01:15 PM
I remember Fergie say wonderful things about Jaap Stam days later he was gone..😊

...but he did write 'That Book' did he not 😁👍
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 25, 2019, 10:03:52 PM
Cracking Electric Storm here in Newmarket at  moment,sky continuously lit up...⚡⚡⚡⚡⚡

That must have been a shock.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

millsy

Not sure what others saw from Zambo to suggest he would be a success in this lower league. Yes he has some talent but I was unimpressed with his general playing style and also his failure to compete for tough 50:50 balls, not to mention his unwillingness to track back when he/we lost possession.

Of course, he has some raw talent and may improve in leaps and bounds but we couldn't afford to carry him last season and I don't believe we can afford to be patient with him this, if we have hopes of going up again. Problem for me is you can coach lots of things but what I saw from him last season was a lack of heart, which you've either got or you haven't.

Basically, not my type of player and I would rather replace him now, with a combative midfielder, who can put opponents under pressure when they're in possession and pass a simple ball when we are. Think Dave Mackay or Alan Mullery, or even Callum Chambers or a younger Kev MacDonald. There must be someone out there that we can entice.

Texas White

Not fussed on Zambo. He does not seem to have the required desire to be a Fulham great. You need 100% team spirit in the championship.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: millsy on July 25, 2019, 11:13:10 PM
Not sure what others saw from Zambo to suggest he would be a success in this lower league. Yes he has some talent but I was unimpressed with his general playing style and also his failure to compete for tough 50:50 balls, not to mention his unwillingness to track back when he/we lost possession.

Of course, he has some raw talent and may improve in leaps and bounds but we couldn't afford to carry him last season and I don't believe we can afford to be patient with him this, if we have hopes of going up again. Problem for me is you can coach lots of things but what I saw from him last season was a lack of heart, which you've either got or you haven't.

Basically, not my type of player and I would rather replace him now, with a combative midfielder, who can put opponents under pressure when they're in possession and pass a simple ball when we are. Think Dave Mackay or Alan Mullery, or even Callum Chambers or a younger Kev MacDonald. There must be someone out there that we can entice.

Zambo would absolutely tear that league apart, he is the only midfielder left that cam make it in Premier League as he is young and will improve. Sorry, Cairney one goal and one assist every 2000 minutes makes him a very good premier league squad player, not a premier league starter.

OMalleyCat

Zambo will be a big loss, was a bright spark in the tail end of last season. But surely the club knew there was a chance he'd leave so will have players lined up to replace him.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Still waiting for an official announcement...because as of right now....HE'S STILL A WHITE.   We'll see whose on the squad after West Ham.

Would be nice to see Ryan Fredericks in that game.   Miss him.

Moltobueno

According to Diario AS, Zambo is already in Spain, had a medical last night. Loan.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Moltobueno on July 26, 2019, 05:34:45 AM
According to Diario AS, Zambo is already in Spain, had a medical last night. Loan.

Link?

Matt10

Zambo's stock continued to rise in the AFCON. If the loan is true, then that's well and good for him. Hopefully, when he returns from the loan, we'll be in the PL, and maybe he'll have to earn his spot back. Regardless, have to be happy for him.

AnOldBrownie

Tony Khan and his team confuse me.