https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Quote from: Arthur on July 27, 2019, 09:42:51 AM
Quote from: junior white on July 27, 2019, 07:59:05 AM

Has to be in by Friday as the market closes on the 2nd August doesn't it?

Sorry meant next Saturday

We can sign players up until Thursday 8th August.
I thought it closed the Friday before the season started, maybe that's the prem then as sure i remember that last year

Tabby

Quote from: junior white on July 27, 2019, 01:50:27 PM
Quote from: Arthur on July 27, 2019, 09:42:51 AM
Quote from: junior white on July 27, 2019, 07:59:05 AM

Has to be in by Friday as the market closes on the 2nd August doesn't it?

Sorry meant next Saturday

We can sign players up until Thursday 8th August.
I thought it closed the Friday before the season started, maybe that's the prem then as sure i remember that last year

All the English windows close when the Prem starts. Last year it was only the Prem, but this year it is all the leagues.

Nero

QPR have signed Todd Kane right back from Chelsea and Marc Pugh Midfielder from Bournemouth on free transfers

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Nero on July 27, 2019, 03:57:05 PM
QPR have signed Todd Kane right back from Chelsea and Marc Pugh Midfielder from Bournemouth on free transfers

Looks like  Jordan Hugill as well.

Statto

Quote from: Statto on July 01, 2019, 03:46:29 PM
If we're only signing a defender and a winger (which IMO is all we need as it stands) then for once, I'm happy for business to be done a bit later

What a difference a month makes. IMO we now need two defenders and two central midfielders, and that's too many players to integrate in August.

One step forward, three steps back.

Three terrible transfer decisions from last summer (Mawson, Anguissa and Seri) look set to scupper this season as well, I reckon.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2019, 07:18:29 PM
If we're only signing a defender and a winger (which IMO is all we need as it stands) then for once, I'm happy for business to be done a bit later

What a difference a month makes. IMO we now need two defenders and two central midfielders, and that's too many players to integrate in August.

Three terrible transfer decisions from last summer (Mawson, Anguissa and Seri) look set to scupper this season as well, I reckon.

So why at that time, was signing Mawson a terrible transfer decision??

Statto

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 27, 2019, 07:23:08 PM

Because he was yet to recover from a knee operation

Steven Ageroad

At the time everyone thought it was a terrific window. Hindsight what a wonderful thing!!

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2019, 07:25:27 PM

Ok so you think no clubs ever signed a player recuperating from a common injury  before? He was actually told he could play on with it at Swansea.
He had a routine operation to clean up his cartilage & a bit of wear & tear . No reason why any club would have reservations about signing him or any other player in the same circumstances pending a successful medical, he was only a few weeks behind the rest in pre season

wheelerdeeler

I've said all along we needed 5 or 6 signings this summer. I think I said I wanted a Centre-Back, Right-Back, Defensive-Mid and two Forwards, and that was when I thought Zambo would stay. I don't think we're in for a Right-Back considering we've not even been linked with one and we're nearly in August- so we're probably aiming for a Centre-Back and two Centre-Mids before the end of the window. Which I'd be fine with.

I've also said all along that we'll end up leaving 1 or 2 of those deals until Deadline Day.

Statto

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on July 27, 2019, 07:39:31 PM
Quote from: Statto on July 27, 2019, 07:25:27 PM

Ok so you think no clubs ever signed a player recuperating from a common injury  before? He was actually told he could play on with it at Swansea.
He had a routine operation to clean up his cartilage & a bit of wear & tear . No reason why any club would have reservations about signing him or any other player in the same circumstances pending a successful medical, he was only a few weeks behind the rest in pre season

At the end of the day, if everyone on here had been asked to rank three players in today's match, Wilshere, Mawson and Mitrovic according to likelihood of getting injured, everyone on here would have said (1) Wilshere, (2) Mawson and (3) Mitrovic in that order. Because everyone knows some players are more/less likely to get injured than others. Because every injury/operation, even those that seem straightforward, carries a risk that the injury won't fully recover... Because every injury at least slightly reduces the sharpness of nerves and the complex system of balance/coordination that prevents further injuries.... Because many injuries are indicative of some inherent weakness, howsoever minor, in the player... Etc etc. Whether they admit it or deny it and try to defend the signing, everyone on here knows it, which is why no one would want a player like Wilshere for example, even when he's ostensibly fit. We took a risk.

jayffc

Photo of Josh Onomah circulating twitter, sat at the game today. Seems he could be on his way to us as part of the Sess deal. Can't say I'm enthralled by the prospect, hasn't done anything of note at his last 2 loan clubs in the champ. You'd assume he's likely to be on the recommendation Scott and his assistant...let's hope they know something the fans of villa and Sheffield Wednesday don't! Really hope we don't lose Steven Sess too but that looks very possible. RB and an absolute must to strengthen there if that happens, especially with Marlon Fossey's injury last year and him not getting any minutes at the moment.

FFC1987

Quote from: Steven Ageroad on July 27, 2019, 07:33:21 PM

At the time everyone thought it was a terrific window. Hindsight what a wonderful thing!!

How else are you meant to judge a transfer other than with hindsight....mean this in the nicest way but what a silly comment...

jayffc

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2019, 09:29:59 PM

How else are you meant to judge a transfer other than with hindsight....mean this in the nicest way but what a silly comment...

The point is the person making the decision can only make it in the moment, they can't see the future, they're not privy to the hindsight. If we more or less all agree that, in the moment its made, a signing seems a good idea, and we agree with the person who made the call... its a bit cheap, and indeed silly to chastise the person who made the signing later if it doesn't workout how you yourself thought it would at the time.

Fernhurst

That's Swansea and Levy giving us a right rogering. I can't believe what's happened to Alfie AGAIN today. 

The odds for promotion must have seriously dropped
Good to know Setfjo's knock is just impact. A silver lining.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Riversider

QPR make their 13th signing today , with two more expected in by Monday,
I've never met anybody in my entire life that hates QPR more than I do, but I'll tell you what , I'm taking my hat off to them, their parachute payments ended this summer, and they literally haven't got a pot to pee in, but they've managed to build an entire squad without spending a penny,
Fulham spent £70 million on Seri, Anguissa and Mawson !!! That's scandalous,
I had them as favourites to go down, think they will stay up comfortably now.

FFC1987

Quote from: jayffc on July 27, 2019, 09:36:02 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2019, 09:29:59 PM

The point is the person making the decision can only make it in the moment, they can't see the future, they're not privy to the hindsight. If we more or less all agree that, in the moment its made, a signing seems a good idea, and we agree with the person who made the call... its a bit cheap, and indeed silly to chastise the person who made the signing later if it doesn't workout how you yourself thought it would at the time.

Judging people on buying decisions with hindsight, is literally how the world works.....I can't believe this is even a topic of debate in an industry where one is judged by player recruitment.

Riversider

The Sun reporting tonight that Harry Arter joining us on a season long loan, with Josh Onomah of Spurs at the game today that's much needed strengthening for midfield.

Riversider

The Daily Record are reporting that QPR have bid £3 million for Scott McKenna of Aberdeen,  we should be all over this, especially with Mawson injured, McKenna is a decent centre back and far better than Ream, Odoi and Le Marchand in my honest opinion.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 27, 2019, 11:08:11 PM

Judging people on buying decisions with hindsight, is literally how the world works.....I can't believe this is even a topic of debate in an industry where one is judged by player recruitment.

I think the point (although not super clear from previous posts) is that judging only on result without further context is pointless. Therefore, it is not hindsight as such, but the pretending that the actual result was the only reasonable result that is the problem. Thus, the debate.