watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnOldBrownie

Lol...I'm actually starting to think fans are leaning towards booing Sess if he stays.

That can't be right, assuredly?   I mean that can't be what I'm reading.

Quote from: filham on July 28, 2019, 05:19:40 PM

Right now the most pressing need is for cover in centre mid, then a centre half followed by a right back.
I also think it correct to say that Sess is surplus to immediate requirements.

Couldn't all of those be brought in along with Sess staying...on his current wage?

Fulham have scored 4 goals in 6 preseason games.   Two of which were by Tom Cairney in one game.    I'm still not quick to get rid of Sess because I remember the lack ability to be clinical in the final 3rd from two years ago (Ayite and Kebano)

aaronmcguigan

I doubt anyone would boo Sess, but I reckon with ample replacements who are more suited to their division than Sess' rivals for his spot last year, Sess may play less games, given also that he has a whole pre season to catch up on .
I don't mind if he stays or goes, it's just a boring saga that needs an end badly.

Skatzoffc

We conceded more goals in the EPL than any club in history last season.
We have needed a CB pairing for five seasons now and still haven't sorted it.

This club is the laughing stock of th league imo.
I actually feel sorry for Parker. He  will do well to end up mid table.

Ho hum

Coyw!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

filham

Yes, that 4goals in 6 pre season games is worrying but then Sess. only scored twice in over 30 games last season.
Just hope Mitro hasn't lost his shooting boots.

absenteeism

Not being linked to anyone

Hoppus

A journalist in Norway told me we want to sign Ajer (Celtic).

spikey norman

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 28, 2019, 02:16:33 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 28, 2019, 11:56:01 AM
Quote from: Riversider on July 28, 2019, 11:22:47 AM
Quote from: Bracken White on July 28, 2019, 10:26:45 AM
Just to clarify, Ryan Porteous - 20 yr old 6' 2" CH who has represented Scotland at U19, U20 & U21 levels.

We need somebody in right now, Porteous, even if he was fit, wouldn't get in to our side right now, but Scott McKenna of Aberdeen would, and at £3 million would be a bargain,
James Tavernier and Scott McKenna for a combined £11 million and a lot of our defensive problems are solved.

McKenna old fashioned centre half,might get a few red cards down here(takes no prisoners).
Wouldn't get him for 3 mill anyway,they've turned down 5 and 6 mill bids from Stoke and  Villa.

McKenna is left footed. Doesn't solve our immediate problem.
If Mawson's injury yesterday proves to be serious with him being unavailable long term and I really hope this isn't the case then McKenna bring left footed like Mawson could be a possible suitable replacement option.

Riversider

Quote from: Hoppus on July 28, 2019, 06:36:40 PM

As much as I despise Celtic and their unwashed supporters, I must say that Kristoffer Ajer is a very good centre back, really, really tall, very comfortable on the ball and always reminds me of Brede Hangalaand when ever I've seen him,
Must say though it's very unlikely we could afford to sign him, can't see Celtic letting him go and even if they did it would surely be to a Premier League club.

Roberty

I might be alone in thinking this but - never in the field of human discussion; has so much been said, by so many, about so little

My thanks to - W S Churchill from whom I borrowed most of the words
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

absenteeism

Quote from: Riversider on July 28, 2019, 06:53:30 PM
Quote from: Hoppus on July 28, 2019, 06:36:40 PM

As much as I despise Celtic and their unwashed supporters,
Would hate to see what you think of Rangers

hovewhite

It's all doom n gloom on here ain't it!

BestOfBrede

Deeping_white

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 28, 2019, 06:30:07 PM
We conceded more goals in the EPL than any club in history last season.
We have needed a CB pairing for five seasons now and still haven't sorted it.

This club is the laughing stock of th league imo.
I actually feel sorry for Parker. He  will do well to end up mid table.

Ho hum

Coyw!

I didn't realise we'd renamed ourselves Derby County considering they still hold the record by a fair margin. Still not sure how we're the laughing stock of the league either, most teams will be worried about facing us purely for our offensive capabilities, add in a new CB and holding midfielder before the window closes and I think we're almost as good as we possibly can be

Lighthouse

I much prefer Fulham fans being all depressed and pessimistic about the season. Then they will feel happier when we are in the top ten in the league. It is those fans who claim promotion and play offs are a certainty that could be heading for disappointment. But its Fulham and football and the Championship. Let's enjoy it as well.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Statto

Quote from: hovewhite on July 28, 2019, 07:08:36 PM

In fairness, in the space of 48 hrs we've lost the 1st and potentially (to injury) the 4th most expensive players we've signed in our history (one of whom was our only decent defender) and our youngest ever first team player, without receiving a decent fee for any of them. It was hardly the best way for the penultimate weekend of the transfer window to pan out.

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on July 28, 2019, 10:37:21 PM
Quote from: hovewhite on July 28, 2019, 07:08:36 PM

In fairness, in the space of 48 hrs we've lost the 1st and potentially (to injury) the 4th most expensive players we've signed in our history (one of whom was our only decent defender) and our youngest ever first team player, without receiving a decent fee for any of them. It was hardly the best way for the penultimate weekend of the transfer window to pan out.

It's a fair point.

Last week I put a bet on that we'd win the league. I'm seriously considering cashing it out to get my money back.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

the nutflush

You've done your dough. Cash out now.

absenteeism

We had John McGinn in the building last summer but chose not to conclude the deal.

Some player he is is.

spikey norman

Today's Mirror now linking us with Arter and saying Parker keen to sign him.

filham

Quote from: Roberty on July 28, 2019, 06:58:36 PM
I might be alone in thinking this but - never in the field of human discussion; has so much been said, by so many, about so little

My thanks to - W S Churchill from whom I borrowed most of the words
Inspirational words, if only they had been preceded by a summer of action over the Cottage.