https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2019, 04:53:41 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 31, 2019, 04:27:08 PM
Jokanovic was talking about building the team around him in May as well. You can't think it's a coincidence that we happened to spend the exact amount we got for McCormack after we sold him. 

So what are you suggesting the chronology might have been?
Aston Villa et al offer £10m for McCormack in May and we say no.
We enquire about Pereira in June but can't afford the £2m loan fee.
Then Villa increase their offer to £12m in August so we accept it.
Suddenly we have £12m and spunk it on Jozabed, Kebano and Sigurdsson in the last week of the window.

Sorry but if so, that just sounds like, as usual, we suffered because no one at FFC attached any time-sensitivity to transfers.
Haggling over an extra couple of million for McCormack or a million less for Pereira, where did it get us?
A bunch of overpriced foreigners brought in too late to adapt to English football, and an embarrassing 11th hour loan deal for Chris Martin.

We would have been better off accepting a lower offer for McCormack and getting all the business (outward and inward) done in June/July.

When I saw the thread was Transfer Gossip - I thought it might be for this season - apparently not
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

grandad

Sky Transfer feed have just said Atletico Madrid " The Spanish League Champions" are signing Toni Duggan. Excuse me I thought Barcelona were. Clueless reporting.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Roberty

Quote from: grandad on July 31, 2019, 05:17:38 PM
Sky Transfer feed have just said Atletico Madrid " The Spanish League Champions" are signing Toni Duggan. Excuse me I thought Barcelona were. Clueless reporting.

Was he a Fulham Academy graduate ?
BREAKING NEWS
Toni Duggan is joining Spanish league champions Atletico Madrid on a two-year contract.
The 28-year-old England international left Barcelona earlier this summer, after spending two years with the Catalan club, helping them to last season's Champions League final.
Duggan has previously played for Everton and Manchester City and has registered 22 goals in 75 international appearances.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Tabby

She isn't going to be playing for the mens side. The Atletico Madrid womens team won last year.

dgnffc

Quote from: Roberty on July 31, 2019, 05:23:47 PM

Was he a Fulham Academy graduate ?
BREAKING NEWS
Toni Duggan is joining Spanish league champions Atletico Madrid on a two-year contract.
The 28-year-old England international left Barcelona earlier this summer, after spending two years with the Catalan club, helping them to last season's Champions League final.
Duggan has previously played for Everton and Manchester City and has registered 22 goals in 75 international appearances.
Think this might be a she

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

jayffc

Quote from: Statto on July 31, 2019, 04:53:41 PM
Quote from: wheelerdeeler on July 31, 2019, 04:27:08 PM
Jokanovic was talking about building the team around him in May as well. You can't think it's a coincidence that we happened to spend the exact amount we got for McCormack after we sold him. 

So what are you suggesting the chronology might have been?
Aston Villa et al offer £10m for McCormack in May and we say no.
We enquire about Pereira in June but can't afford the £2m loan fee.
Then Villa increase their offer to £12m in August so we accept it.
Suddenly we have £12m and spunk it on Jozabed, Kebano and Sigurdsson in the last week of the window.

Sorry but if so, that just sounds like, as usual, we suffered because no one at FFC attached any time-sensitivity to transfers.
Haggling over an extra couple of million for McCormack or a million less for Pereira, where did it get us?
A bunch of overpriced foreigners brought in too late to adapt to English football, and an embarrassing 11th hour loan deal for Chris Martin.

We would have been better off accepting a lower offer for McCormack and getting all the business (outward and inward) done in June/July.

Having an interest in, doesn't mean we'd agreed on a fee or even knew what the initial bid would be for certain.

Once you know there is interest, you go. Ok team, we "might" get a figure around lets say 12 million here, but, we might not. Now let's explore what we could do if we did have that, and what we could do if we don't have that coming in. Then let's try and work out the best scenario for us... Maybe then while working that out, your manager speaks up and says they want to keep this player, so you think, hmmm ok maybe we should try to do that...then all of a sudden, that player themselves might turn around and say, hey guys actually, I was happy to stay, but now I know there is interest from that club, I do really want to go there....

In that time, some of your 1st choice targets that you'd have bid for, had you known earlier you definitely were going to have that money coming in, may have already been sold elsewhere. Or, some of the selling clubs, now knowing you have sold a big asset and are desperate, may now want a piece of that pie and will try and drive prices up ....and....and....and.... so many different variables. It's not a simple exercise, there are a huge amount of moving goalposts all the time.

Other examples of quotes from the podcast interview..... 'If I'd have taken Okaka early and opted to make the signing for peace of mind, we wouldn't have got Mitrovic.'
'sometimes you have to wait until the better players become available.'   This is just how it is, and how many Directors of different clubs say it is.

Other quotes "there are times when I didn't wait and I regretted it, and there are times when I waited too long" Yup...there's no definitive answer or blueprint.

It's not straight forward. There is no simple answer. Its never got right every time by anyone. Even getting transfers right 'most' of the time ,is tricky for the majority of clubs.

The loan fee for Pereira was roughly the same as the cost of the first of 2 payments on Stefan Johansson's contract...plus we got Piazon instead in that loan slot. Had we got business tied up early with Pereira,  we probably wouldn't have got stefjo who was vital that season. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt.

'We are on a tight budget in the championship' . You have to move the money around to make it work where it's needed as the moving pieces shift. Again. It's not just the simplicity of transfer fees, there are wages involved, bonus' etc. etc.

p.s so sorry to those irritated by this topic being brought up on here again. I totally get it, I also just want to read transfer rumours, instead of the constant diverting of everything that pops up into a chance to show how useless Tony Khan is. The counter-arguments aren't the reason it happens in the first place though.

LVBPTS

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 31, 2019, 05:09:14 PM
Quote from: LVBPT on July 31, 2019, 05:02:27 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on July 31, 2019, 04:40:01 PM
After his tweet, we can discredit that ITK agent then can't we.

yup if you like - not going to bite

Only kidding  :003: as always, appreciate passing on what you heard. Slow work day

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji1688]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supporter since 2000

Mince n Tatties

Oh well another blank day.
I'm off for an early night,nudge me if anything happens....💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

sunburywhite

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 31, 2019, 06:40:42 PM
Oh well another blank day.
I'm off for an early night,nudge me if anything happens....💤💤💤💤💤💤💤

Nudge nudge, wink wink
Man: 'Evening, squire!

Squire: (stiffly) Good evening.

Man: Is, uh,...Is your wife a goer, eh? Know whatahmean, know whatahmean, nudge nudge, know whatahmean, say no more?

Squire: I, uh, I beg your pardon?

Man: Your, uh, your wife, does she go, eh, does she go, eh?

Squire: (flustered) Well, she sometimes 'goes', yes.

Man: Aaaaaaaah bet she does, I bet she does, say no more, say no more, know whatahmean, nudge nudge?

Squire: (confused) I'm afraid I don't quite follow you.

Man: Follow me. Follow me. That's good, that's good! A nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!

Squire: Are you, uh,...are you selling something?

Man: SELLING! Very good, very good! Ay? Ay? Ay? (pause) Oooh! Ya wicked Ay! Wicked Ay! Oooh hooh! Say No MORE!

Squire: Well, I, uh....

Man: Is, your uh, is your wife a sport, ay?

Squire: Um, she likes sport, yes!

Man: I bet she does, I bet she does!

Squire: As a matter of fact she's very fond of cricket.

Man: 'Oo isn't? Likes games, eh? Knew she would. Likes games, eh? She's been around a bit, been around?

Squire: She has traveled, yes. She's from Scarsdale. (pause)

Man: SAY NO MORE!!

Man: Scarsdale, saynomore, saynomore, saynomore, squire!

Squire: I wasn't going to!

Man: Oh! Well, never mind. Dib dib? Is your uh, is your wife interested in....photography, ay? 'Photographs, ay', he asked him knowlingly?

Squire: Photography?

Man: Snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more?

Squire: Holiday snaps, eh?

Man: They could be, they could be taken on holiday. Candid, you know, CANDID photography?

Squire: No, no I'm afraid we don't have a camera.

Man: Oh. (leeringly) Still, mooooooh, ay? Mwoohohohohoo, ay? Hohohohohoho, ay?

Squire: Look... are you insinuating something?

Man: Oh, no, no, no...yes.

Squire: Well?

Man: Well, you're a man of the world, squire.

Squire: Yes...

Man: I mean, you've been around a bit, you know, like, you've, uh.... You've 'done it'....

Squire: What do you mean?

Man: Well, I mean like,....you've SLEPT, with a lady....

Squire: Yes....

Man: What's it like?

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Milo

keithh

Looking back to the 4 pages of the "Official 2019/20 Summer Transfer Thread" for the date of the last entry - it was 22nd July.

GJB

There's a chance the rumours about Hangeland aren't true, but there's also a chance Hangeland has denied those rumours for confidentiality reasons. If true, the club will not want Hangeland going onto twitter spreading their transfer plans for anybody to hear so have probably told him to keep his mouth shut

Riversider

One player that we've all forgotten about is Scott Dann, we were heavily linked in January but no mention all summer,
Hector and Dann in and that's centre back well and truly covered,
Now for right back and midfield 👍🏻

BernieBoy

Quote from: Riversider on July 31, 2019, 08:44:50 PM
One player that we've all forgotten about is Scott Dann, we were heavily linked in January but no mention all summer,

Hasn't played a lot of football recently, but I'd certainly take Dann. Think we need someone a bit younger, fitter and quicker.

The one thing I've noticed the last few days is there being no rumours to us linked to players, which is a bit disappointing. Nice to speculate over who we may or may not get with links in the press.

GJB

Dann is 32 now and only played 660 minutes last season in the prem - about 7.5 games. Firstly, he's old and would mean we'd be looking for a replacement within a year or two and also if we're purchasing a new player, wouldn't we rather somebody who had played the entirety of last season for their club? Or were you suggesting we buy him as purely a back-up?

JoelH5

Quote from: BernieBoy on July 31, 2019, 08:53:09 PM

Hasn't played a lot of football recently, but I'd certainly take Dann. Think we need someone a bit younger, fitter and quicker.

The one thing I've noticed the last few days is there being no rumours to us linked to players, which is a bit disappointing. Nice to speculate over who we may or may not get with links in the press.

Been thinking the same. It's been super quiet.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

GJB

Does anybody know if Michael Hector has played much pre-season?

Mince n Tatties

Nudge Nudge....lol
Johnny Depp guested on the show,said Paul
Whitehouse is funniest guy ever.

JoelH5

Zzzz. Getting so bored. No football, no transfer rumours! At least the league starts on Friday
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Nero

Quote from: BernieBoy on July 31, 2019, 08:53:09 PM

Could you image if TK signed him, it would be why have we sign a 32 year old that hasn't played in the last year, whats Khan doing hes a joke probably on big wages as well coming from the premier league why need young players for when we go up