watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mince n Tatties

Plenty going on elsewhere so far today,Two in at Swansea and Hull,one in at Derby and Wigan.
Two in at Derby now and Preston,one in at Reading.

brightster

Quote from: grandad on August 02, 2019, 01:13:00 PM
Derby have signed Kristian Bielik a CB who can pay in DM, from Arsenal for £7.5 mil.Surely this is one we could have been interested in.

Has never played for Arsenal, was on loan at Charlton last year, 10million for a player who is 21 and has only played 41 senior (Birmingham 10 Charlton 31) games in 2 years, thank god we didn't go for him! 
What with the Bristol City CB going to Brighton for 20 million the money is well out of hand for these players.

Riversider

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Tony Khan puts out a tweet on Monday promising "multiple signings"
Come on Tony make it happen  :005:

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: brightster on August 02, 2019, 01:51:56 PM
Derby have signed Kristian Bielik a CB who can pay in DM, from Arsenal for £7.5 mil.Surely this is one we could have been interested in.

Has never played for Arsenal, was on loan at Charlton last year, 10million for a player who is 21 and has only played 41 senior (Birmingham 10 Charlton 31) games in 2 years, thank god we didn't go for him! 
What with the Bristol City CB going to Brighton for 20 million the money is well out of hand for these players.

21 and a top prospect.
Was backbone of Charlton promotion side.
In today's prices I'd say what they paid about right.

Hoppus

Milan want to sign Ajer (Celtic).

Nero

Kemar Roofe leeds top goalscorer last season to join Anderlecht, Think the Leeds fans are blaming TK

Tabby

Quote from: Nero on August 02, 2019, 02:48:28 PM
Kemar Roofe leeds top goalscorer last season to join Anderlecht, Think the Leeds fans are blaming TK

Selling their top scorer and best CB. Strange business.

Nero

Quote from: Tabby on August 02, 2019, 02:51:13 PM

Thats FFP and Roofe was entering the last year of his contract so whether or not he wouldnt sign a new one or wanted to much money I dont know

twang

Bailey Peacock-Farrell gone to Burnley now as well. Could this perhaps mean that they have the cash to bring in Gayle?

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Nero on August 02, 2019, 03:05:37 PM

Thats FFP and Roofe was entering the last year of his contract so whether or not he wouldnt sign a new one or wanted to much money I dont know

What's FFP got to do with it.

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Statto

Quote from: sunburywhite on August 02, 2019, 03:44:44 PM
Man Utd agree £80m deal for Leicester defender

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48989647

I will give everyone a break from the TK bashing and say, quite confidently, that this transfer is at least 5x worse than anything we've done in the last few years. I would honestly rather have Denis Odoi. 

fulhamben

Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2019, 04:07:11 PM

I will give everyone a break from the TK bashing and say, quite confidently, that this transfer is at least 5x worse than anything we've done in the last few years. I would honestly rather have Denis Odoi. 
thank God you are not in charge of our transfers then, he is a fantastic centre back
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2019, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2019, 04:07:11 PM

thank God you are not in charge of our transfers then, he is a fantastic centre back

Very good centre back but they've massively overpaid.

Roberty

It sort of proves that the amount we spent was nowhere near enough, even though everyone thought we'd broke the bank

I read something by Alardarse - he suggested the the starting point for a basic PL players was in excess of £35m and that drafting in too many players was counterproductive - I'm not a fan of his but it did make sense and it remains to be seen if the Villains are making the same mistake as we did

Hopefully (not sure that I'm too hopeful) we can assemble a squad that will be the basis of a PL team if we're promoted next May
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

hovewhite

Preston sighning of Tom bayliss today.

Mince n Tatties

Didn't we have the chance to buy him from
Sheff utd once upon a time?

FFC1987

Quote from: twang on August 02, 2019, 03:09:46 PM

Bailey Peacock-Farrell gone to Burnley now as well. Could this perhaps mean that they have the cash to bring in Gayle?

The issue isn't the transfer fee, never has been, its the Prem contract and EPL wages he demands so I doubt anyone will get him unless they're going hell for leather, breaching FFP and gambling that they go up.

Mince n Tatties

Well I suppose nothing will happen over this weekend.
So we got 5 days next week and that's it.
I think Parker is going with the centre backs we already have.

brightster

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 02, 2019, 01:58:59 PM

21 and a top prospect.
Was backbone of Charlton promotion side.
In today's prices I'd say what they paid about right.

Agree he is a prospect but If he was that good surely Arsenal would have sent him on loan again. Only time will tell, just think we need someone with more games under their belt for that price.