more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 02, 2019, 05:35:10 PM
Well I suppose nothing will happen over this weekend.
So we got 5 days next week and that's it.
I think Parker is going with the centre backs we already have.

Lets hope we don't lose 3-0 with 70% possession oh but if it weren't for those 3 back wayward passes! This messageboard will blow up if so.

@jolslover

I really rate Bielik! would have loved him .. Maybe not at that price but in today's market if he does well they could easily sell him for more - and I think he will
STH H3

fulhamben

Quote from: Mitrovic the warrior on August 02, 2019, 04:17:29 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2019, 04:12:05 PM
Quote from: Statto on August 02, 2019, 04:07:11 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on August 02, 2019, 03:44:44 PM
Man Utd agree £80m deal for Leicester defender

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48989647

I will give everyone a break from the TK bashing and say, quite confidently, that this transfer is at least 5x worse than anything we've done in the last few years. I would honestly rather have Denis Odoi. 
thank God you are not in charge of our transfers then, he is a fantastic centre back

Very good centre back but they've massively overpaid.
everyone seems to be massively over paying at the moment. Apart from when we sell players that is
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

grandad

Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2019, 05:45:37 PM

I will give everyone a break from the TK bashing and say, quite confidently, that this transfer is at least 5x worse than anything we've done in the last few years. I would honestly rather have Denis Odoi. 
thank God you are not in charge of our transfers then, he is a fantastic centre back

everyone seems to be massively over paying at the moment. Apart from when we sell players that is

Remind me who we have sold this window.
Where there's a will there's a wife

ealex40

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 02, 2019, 05:35:10 PM
Well I suppose nothing will happen over this weekend.
So we got 5 days next week and that's it.
I think Parker is going with the centre backs we already have.

Window closes at 5pm on Thursday, August 8, so 4 days next week, to sign a few?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: grandad on August 02, 2019, 06:10:11 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on August 02, 2019, 05:45:37 PM

Remind me who we have sold this window.
I think Ben is talking about the fact that we seem a soft touch in a few cases!
For example, spuds waiting until the last minute, as per usual, to get a sale price!
In this years case- Sess..... we want 40ish mill and they are only prepared to offer 15-20, apparently!

Tabby

Given what people on here keep arguing, anything more than £10 million for Sess would be them massively overpaying.

FFC1987

Quote from: Tabby on August 02, 2019, 06:48:08 PM
Given what people on here keep arguing, anything more than £10 million for Sess would be them massively overpaying.

I couldn't find one quote from anyone suggesting hes not worth at least 10m. Calling BS.

fulhamben

CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Roberty

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

grandad

Sting of the North

Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 02, 2019, 06:45:26 PM
For example, spuds waiting until the last minute, as per usual, to get a sale price!
In this years case- Sess..... we want 40ish mill and they are only prepared to offer 15-20, apparently!

Wouldn't it be better to use an actual example of us being a soft touch, rather than one that is as far as we know just made up?

Statto

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 02, 2019, 10:24:37 PM
Quote from: BestOfBrede on August 02, 2019, 06:45:26 PM

Wouldn't it be better to use an actual example of us being a soft touch, rather than one that is as far as we know just made up?

Well we've hardly got great deals for the players that have left so far, Anguissa and Seri. Allowing for inflation, we should probably have got £25m-£30m for each of them. We've got nothing at this stage (except maybe small loan fees) and whilst we don't know what fees they'll eventually go for, I don't believe either of the clubs they've gone to has ever paid £20m for a player.

Of course there's an argument that we've loaned them with the intention of bringing them back in a year or two, but I don't believe that's true, or if it is true, it would be another massive error IMO. This season, they had their chance to get exactly what they needed, more experience of the English league, and either we or they have turned down that opportunity. The idea that if we do go back up, we'll repeat exactly the same mistakes as last time by bringing those two back, seems absurd to me.

I expect both will be sold for fees around their book value, £15-20m, which from an accounting perspective at least mitigates any further damage, but it's not good business overall.

Bracken White

Some are saying Callum Chambers not in Arsenal's plans & could go for £12M. Appears a decent price.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Number Six

Quote from: Bracken White on August 02, 2019, 11:33:44 PM
Some are saying Callum Chambers not in Arsenal's plans & could go for £12M. Appears a decent price.

Would bite their hands off.

AnOldBrownie

I'm still curious what's in Manchester United's plans for Axel Tuanzebe...and what are his plans for his future at United.

Maguire
Lindeloff
Smalling
Jones

Tuanzebe can even play at RB....decent size.    There are better CBs out there...but maybe United would feel they owe us for Fosu Mensah and would do a loan with option to buy...hoping.

Anyway...who didn't already know Scott Parker wanted to keep Ryan.     The hammy pull was a blessing in disguise.

the nutflush

Quote from: Number Six on August 02, 2019, 11:34:38 PM

Would bite their hands off.

Get the cheque book out right now Tony!

Woolly Mammoth

No worries let's go for it, could solve more than one problem,
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

Chambers knows us, worked with SP, would fill more than one crucial position. Bite their hands off TK. Even if it is a loan.