Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Fine 112.

Recruitment.

To quote the elephant in the room, and the board, "think on."

LVBPTS

RODGERS EYES AGER SWOOP

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers is planning a surprise £15m swoop for Celtic defender Kristoffer Ajer, according to the Star.

The pair worked together in Rodgers' previous managerial role as he looks for replacements for Harry Maguire.

That's this one off the list if true

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Supporter since 2000

absenteeism

I think we need a new left back, a new right back, a new center half and a tireless defensive mid.

What do you think we need?

grandad

Quote from: absenteeism on August 04, 2019, 11:13:56 AM
I think we need a new left back, a new right back, a new center half and a tireless defensive mid.

We are ok for LB. We need a commanding CB, a mobile DMF & a quick box to box CMF to link up with an advanced position Cairney. Will we get what we have needed for the last 2 seasons? Don´t hold your breath. If we end up with anything less this Forum will explode.
Where there's a will there's a wife

filham

Well we are not going to get four new quality players in the next four days, based on yesterday's performance we need a goal poacher as not scoring a single goal is a major problem especially when Mitrovic is not looking good.

sunburywhite

I can see Harry Arter coming in for the midfield spot
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

mkras99

Chris Wise (@chriswisey)
8/4/19, 6:30 AM
Understand Harry Arter is very close to joining Fulham. Medical complete. Season-long loan deal agreed with Bournemouth. Move will become permanent if Fulham are promoted back to the PL. Arter's brother-in-law Scott Parker has been keen to do the deal all summer. #afcb #ffc

rvFFC

I'm not too keen on Arter on a potential permanent, it doesn't really solve the issue of an already ageing midfield. Although should be a good signing for the championship.

Barrett487

https://hammyend.com/index.php/2019/08/fulham-in-battle-for-carter-vickers/

Fulham are among a clutch of Championship clubs chasing Tottenham defender Cameron Carter-Vickers, according to a report this morning.

Spurs are ready to allow the American centre back, who has had loan spells with Sheffield United, Ipswich Town and Swansea City over the past three years, to leave White Hart Lane on loan again to gain further first-team football. Fulham are eager to add to their defensive options after Alfie Mawson's injury scare last week and yesterday's disappointing defeat on the opening day at Barnsley.

Scott Parker will face stiff competition in trying to bring in the centre half from Tottenham, where he spent a season coaching their under-18 side. Leeds, West Brom, Derby, Middlesbrough, Luton and Barnsley are reportedly all interested in bringing in Carter-Vickers, who made 30 appearances for Swansea last season in the Championship.

The 21 year-old, who has won eight international caps for the United States, has made four first-team appearances for Spurs, all of which came in domestic Cup competitions.

Riverside

Harry Arter - more attacking or defensive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SG

Glad to see they're true to their word and placing less reliance on loan deals this time having been too reliant in past seasons according to the DOF

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: SG on August 04, 2019, 01:31:50 PM
Glad to see they're true to their word and placing less reliance on loan deals this time having been too reliant in past seasons according to the DOF

We've learnt our lesson. Every deal, including Arter, has an option to buy.

SG

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 04, 2019, 01:32:56 PM

But if we don't go back up then we will not exercise the option. The loans go back and so we are into another rebuilding and more upheaval. This club needs some stability and consistency. The recruitment policy does not provide it. Little wonder yesterday was such a shambles

Bassey the warrior

Why new left back? Bryan was our best player yesterday.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: SG on August 04, 2019, 01:39:10 PM

But if we don't go back up then we will not exercise the option. The loans go back and so we are into another rebuilding and more upheaval. This club needs some stability and consistency. The recruitment policy does not provide it. Little wonder yesterday was such a shambles

If we don't go up, it's because the management has been poor.

Yesterday was a shambles because of Parker, not because of the recruitment policy.

grandad

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 04, 2019, 01:54:26 PM

Yesterday was a shambles because of Parker, not because of the recruitment policy.

So who would you have played to prevent the "shambles"? What would you have done differently? For me SP having to play McDonald & Johansen as he didn´t have anyone else for these positions. That is not Parkers fault.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SG

That is debatable but as this is a transfer thread I won't

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: grandad on August 04, 2019, 02:16:24 PM

So who would you have played to prevent the "shambles"? What would you have done differently? For me SP having to play McDonald & Johansen as he didn´t have anyone else for these positions. That is not Parkers fault.

The midfield 3 wasn't effective, so he takes off 1 to make it even harder.