watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Summer Transfer Gossip.

Started by Mince n Tatties, April 28, 2019, 08:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Must be delaying the announcement so Blackburn can't prepare.
I was there, standing in the Putney end

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 06, 2019, 12:03:05 PM
That's all very lovely, but are there any transfer rumours to talk about rather than bitching at each other about who signed who! It's getting tedious and quite frankly boring now.
I will be glad when the damn window is shut. 🤪🙏🙏

Well said.
082.gif :plus one:

(Yes, I know I can ignore this thread)

Rj Fulham

i just wish we  would start announcing people, instead of leaving 95% of business til deadline day!

simplyfulham

Newcastle are currently over stocked in centre halves with 6 first team players in the squad at the moment who can play CB. I'm surprised they haven't moved any of them on yet and it would seem like a good move for us if we could bring one of them in on a loan with a view to buy - which seems to be the preferred model we've been chasing so far this summer.

They currently have:
Jamaa Lascelles
Fabian Schar
Florian Lejune
Federico Fernandez
Ciaran Clark
Paul Dummett

Tabby

Quote from: mkras99 on August 06, 2019, 03:20:22 PM
http://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2019/08/06/newcastle-receive-4-offers-for-jacob-murphy-report/

Not sure why we'd be signing another winger. Would fit with last time we were in the championship and had 8 wingers in the squad I guess.

jayffc

Once again, this was spoken about at length in the podcast. Mitro had been followed by our scouting and stats team for some time. We wanted him, he wanted to go to Anderlecht, when that fell through last minute we got back in contact and that's when we used Slavs personal Serbian connection to our advantage. (a manager who our DOF also helped to appoint by the way) so to not attribute that transfer as a success on TK's behalf is both incredibly convenient and shows a huge amount of bias towards a certain argument as opposed to assessing sensibly what has been stated on record and giving dues where they are clearly due. Not to deny Slav's influence, credit to both of them...but Mitro was already well on our radar.

Also worth noting, had we done our business early and signed Okaka as our striker, and not waited until the end of the window, as we suspected there may be more quality available within budget.... We wouldn't have been able to sign Mitro. Who hit the ground running despite being signed last minute and fired us to promotion. Not to say there haven't been examples to the contrary, but again, these are not facts to be ignored if trying to have a balanced look at things.

LVBPTS

Supporter since 2000

LVBPTS

apparently, Amartey is having a medical today but there is still work to be done. doing the medical so it doesnt hold things up
Supporter since 2000

Finnans Right Peg

Danny simpson in talks with brighton has to be worth a go at getting him to sign for us on a free

grandad

I think Arter´s option to buy is only if we get promoted.
Where there's a will there's a wife

SuffolkWhite

Amartey, I don't know much about him. Is he any good and is he a CDM?
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Statto

Quote from: jayffc on August 06, 2019, 03:25:11 PM
Who hit the ground running despite being signed last minute and fired us to promotion.

Not really. There were 4 games between the window opening and us signing Mitro, then a further 3 games before he came good. We took 19 pts from those 7 games because actually, we got going before Mitro came in. Had we been dependant on that signing, and done poor in those 7 games, we may not even have made the play-offs.

Rj Fulham

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 06, 2019, 04:23:18 PM

has played as both cb and in a cdm/cm role for leicester,  6 foot one and  missed half of last season due to  broken arm.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Rj Fulham on August 06, 2019, 04:36:15 PM
Quote from: SuffolkWhite on August 06, 2019, 04:23:18 PM

has played as both cb and in a cdm/cm role for leicester,  6 foot one and  missed half of last season due to  broken arm.

Thanks
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

jelmo

We do seem to love signing players recovering from long term injuries!

Twig

Quote from: jelmo on August 06, 2019, 04:47:01 PM

I don't think a broken arm from middle of last season represents anything to be concerned about (but I sympathise with the general point).

RP24

Quote from: Twig on August 06, 2019, 04:55:57 PM
Quote from: jelmo on August 06, 2019, 04:47:01 PM

I don't think a broken arm from middle of last season represents anything to be concerned about (but I sympathise with the general point).

I think it was his ankle that got broken not his arm.