watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR...Barcelona 3-0 Liverpool

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, May 01, 2019, 11:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

We should definitely try to sign that Messi fellow.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on May 01, 2019, 11:57:38 PM
We should definitely try to sign that Messi fellow.

No way, and here is why:

- he is short ('no' from many on here since we need tall players)
- he is also statistically short (which may be a 'no' from TK, if he has identified this problem yet, otherwise ok)
- he is old ('no' from TK)
- he is not English ('no' from many on here)
- he has no experience of the PL or the Championship ('no' from many on here)
- he has likely a low resale value ('no' from TK)

The above comes down to a player that is not statistically sound (too old, hence no resale value) and that could definitely not cut it on a cold November Tuesday at Stoke. 

Mince n Tatties

bog

T Khan would block that as Messi has the wrong colour shirt on.

Mince n Tatties

He wouldn't last 10 mins in the Championship,the hardest league in the world. :022:

Lighthouse

Messi is surrounded by World Class players in probably the best club side on the World. Surround him with average players and no time on the ball and being walloped from behind every five seconds. Then we will see if he is worth signing.  :003:
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

RaySmith

70sPimlico

Far and away the best player I have ever seen. I'm very lucky to be around at the same time.

I saw some footage of Brasil a while back. 60 minutes of a match in black and white. Not just the classic Pele bits. My advice would be, dont watch it. Some wayward passing and touches that you just wouldnt see now days. Of course, diffrent era, crap pitches etc but pound for pound, Messi must be best player that has ever lived.

Woolly Mammoth

Why would he consider playing in our Premier League where he could really test himself playing more games back to back, every match a real challenge, not when he is earning a fortune playing in a less physical and less demanding League, where he has it far easier. He knows when he is well off, and Barcelona will certainly miss him when he finally retires.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

ALG01

Quote from: 70sPimlico on May 02, 2019, 11:17:05 AM
Far and away the best player I have ever seen. I'm very lucky to be around at the same time.

I saw some footage of Brasil a while back. 60 minutes of a match in black and white. Not just the classic Pele bits. My advice would be, dont watch it. Some wayward passing and touches that you just wouldnt see now days. Of course, diffrent era, crap pitches etc but pound for pound, Messi must be best player that has ever lived.

The candidates from my life time as to the best everare pele, maradonna, cryff ronaldo Chritiano and Messi

I have seen lots of all of them
And my winner is
Pele by quite a distance. The game was very different then but Pele was a more complete player.
Messi is absolutely brilliant and for me he has one skill that none of the others have and that is to run at pace with the ball so close to his foot, he can change direction at pace and not lose the foot to ball distance.... He has many other talents but the others can match that but not keeping the ball so close.

This is jus opinion and you do have factor in so many other things too like how much the player can influence a game when it is not going well... so for me it is Pele but that could be because I grew up when he was at his peak....

I wonder how good Barca will be when Messi retires

Burt

Maybe we can do a "George Best" with him and sign him when he is past his peak powers  :dft011:

Wingnut

Would be interesting to see how he'd fair on a windy Tuesday night at Stoke.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Statto

Still rate Ronaldo over Messi. Stronger, faster and has proved himself in multiple teams and leagues.

Messi at Barca feels to me a bit like Sebastien Vettel dominating F1 with Red Bull. Only two of them had that car and the other guy was ordered to let Vettel win.

I imagine it's similar at Barca -
"Today we're playing the Spanish equivalent of Airbus UK. Everyone pass it to Lionel so he can get a hattrick." 

Neil D

Liverpool on their way out of the  Champions League is a plus. 

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: 70sPimlico on May 02, 2019, 11:17:05 AM

Don't know what video you were watching, couldn't have been the 1970 side.
Messi nowhere near the top.
1Eusebio
2The Hand of God in his Prime
3Georgie Boy/Jinxy Johnstone/Bobby Moore.

Sgt Fulham

Spanish football will only cease to dominate when Messi retires. Liverpool were the better team for 75 minutes. Barcelona have Messi. Remove him and I'd argue the score would be the opposite.

GOAT for me.

BarneyTravers

Best player ever...certainly on the eye.

Humble and never even seen him do a step over

No need

COYW

BarneyTravers

Ronaldo has been a phenomenal player...unfortunately was just around when Messi was calling the shots....I know who I would rather watch.

Wingnut

Quote from: Neil D on May 02, 2019, 12:56:10 PM
Liverpool on their way out of the  Champions League is a plus. 

If Dembele had scored at the end and made it 4-0, it would have been game over. 3-0 gives Liverpool some hope. Clean sheet is a must for them in the second leg.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Messi is good, but he's at Barcelona. They've built the team and style of play around him. Ronaldo Mark 1 is the best player of my lifetime, without question. Mark 2 is the best in the world at the moment, purely because he's not been afraid to go to different leagues, and been, arguably the best player in each one.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!