more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TC Signs new deal

Started by junior white, May 03, 2019, 03:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WindyCity

Quote from: Milo on May 03, 2019, 07:40:21 PM
I think bigger picture here. Nailing down the Captain is showing the rest of the team we are a stable ship they shouldn't abandon.

To be honest, I didn't see a whole lot of 'captainship' coming from TC this year.  There was well documented clubhouse infighting and disharmony as FFC struggled to find their boots in the first half of the season, and I don't recall TC coming to the fore to settle things.  As I've said previously, I like TC, but still not sure just how good a player he is (for PL level) and whether or not he should be the so-called 'captain' of this team. 

Porthogs FC

Quote from: WindyCity on May 04, 2019, 05:40:00 PM
Quote from: Milo on May 03, 2019, 07:40:21 PM
I think bigger picture here. Nailing down the Captain is showing the rest of the team we are a stable ship they shouldn't abandon.

To be honest, I didn't see a whole lot of 'captainship' coming from TC this year.  There was well documented clubhouse infighting and disharmony as FFC struggled to find their boots in the first half of the season, and I don't recall TC coming to the fore to settle things.  As I've said previously, I like TC, but still not sure just how good a player he is (for PL level) and whether or not he should be the so-called 'captain' of this team. 

I like these thoughts - counterargument is that if TC was allowed to play his favoured position, Mitro is constantly up top, and we play two DM style players in midfield (ex. Anguissa and Mcdonald), then surround them with speed, TC would be top class and, perhaps good enough for PL. However, if he keeps getting miscast because we can't set up to support his strengths, then he will always cut a frustrated figure, and should perhaps be reconsidered for sale, or non captain material.