more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

TC Signs new deal

Started by junior white, May 03, 2019, 03:10:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junior white

Tom Cairney Signs New Contract With Fulham

We are delighted to confirm that Tom Cairney has committed his long-term future to Fulham Football Club.

The skipper has agreed terms on a new contract that keeps him in SW6 until the summer of 2024 – a spell that could be extended by a further year.

Since joining the Whites in 2015, Cairney has arguably been the team's most consistent performer, racking up 161 appearances in that time and scoring 28 – often spectacular – goals, in addition to laying on 24 assists for his teammates.

He will go down in history as the first Fulham player to score at Wembley Stadium, when he captained the side to victory in last summer's Play-Off Final, and he will now target another promotion when we compete in the Championship in 2019/20.

Speaking to fulhamfctv, Cairney said: "The Club's been amazing to me, and to extend my contract again is an amazing feeling. I want to stay for a long time, and hopefully finish my career here.

"This place feels like home. I don't think you can put a price on happiness, and your life off the pitch as well, and I can't see myself anywhere else.

"I feel like I've got unfinished business. I want to stay here and I want to get the Club back to the Premier League.

"I want to bounce straight back next season. I know how hard the Championship is, but knowing our owners and how ambitious the Club is, I'm sure we'll give it a good go."

Tony Khan added: "Tom Cairney captained Fulham Football Club through our run of 23 matches unbeaten and then scored the winning goal in our 1-0 Championship Play-Off Final win.

"Tom loves this club, our staff and our supporters. This season has been difficult for all of us, but as we look to regroup and start the fight to earn back our place in the Premier League, I don't know a better person to set things right and lead this squad back again than Tom.

"I'm pleased to announce that TC has extended his contract, he will remain with us at the Club for the fight ahead! Come on Fulham!"

Keep an eye on fulhamfc.com for a full interview with Tom after he put pen to paper.

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2019/may/03/tom-cairney-signs-new-contract-with-fulham

f321ffc

Beat me to it.
🤙😎

@ThomasCairney has committed his long-term future to #FFC 🤝🖊️

#AintNobody
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

JoelH5

Wow. Didn't see it happening especially so soon. Very good news and I think it will help us keep some of the others
I was there, standing in the Putney end

MikeTheCubed

Don't mean to put a dampener on what is undoubtedly positive news, but he already had 4 years left on his contract having signed an extention last summer.

Let's hope Sess follows suit.

ex-Pat

Good Championship player, not Premier quality,  need two feet for that..

junior white

i thik basically its a one year extension as he had 4 left at the start of this season i believe. still positive news, does this mean Parker is staying as TV has been waxing lyrical about SP

Art Vandelay

A bit of good news at last, and just before they announce next years season ticket prices.....

Sting of the North

Quote from: ex-Pat on May 03, 2019, 03:24:02 PM

I profoundly disagree. He has shown in many games that he is PL quality. Just because he's not the complete package doesn't mean that he isn't quality. He needs to be allowed to play to his strengths, and when that happens, he shows time and time again that he has what it takes.

In my opinion.

Also, on topic, this is good news. Even though he had a long contract, this is the first actual showing of intent for next season. Maybe just symbolical, but better than nothing.

howitis

Cairney sings praises of Scott Parker and endorses his management credentials.
Cairney signs new contract
Parker get announced ??

MikeCdawg

Fair play, probably feels he owes us one after this season and I, for one, welcome it

Oakeshott

Excellent news. For me, TC and A Mitrovic are far and away the two most important players we have who might (not unreasonably) have wanted a move to stay in the Premiership. One staying, let's hope it becomes two.

fulhamben

Quote from: ex-Pat on May 03, 2019, 03:24:02 PM
two 5gings, Beckham was the most one footed player I've ever seen, and he did ok, and secondly we aren't a prem team
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HanseatUK

While it looks a bit odd given that he was on a long-term contract already, I am very pleased about this announcement irrespective of how symbolic it may be. He has proven his value to Fulham throughout 17/18 and before and I am confident he will do so again next season.  049:gif

Fernhurst

Watched him at Blackburn and desperately wanted us to sign him. Not sure he could have done more for us since he signed and given the right guys around him will be sensational again in The Championship.
Good news and repels interested buyers.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Tabby

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 03, 2019, 03:47:29 PM
Watched him at Blackburn and desperately wanted us to sign him. Not sure he could have done more for us since he signed and given the right guys around him will be sensational again in The Championship.
Good news and repels interested buyers.

Only black spot on his time here has been his injury troubles, which he will hopefully get over.

Dougie

This is a weird one, given he only signed a long-term deal last Summer. We had him to 2023 + an option for a further year.

Lots of possibilities - maybe there was a relegation minimum release fee clause in his contract, or maybe he wanted one put in (and has taken a wage drop?).

Or maybe he didn't like the idea of his wages being halved in the Championship, and he or his agent has pulled some strings or kicked up a stink.

Or (*tinfoil hat comes on*) maybe this is a way to pay a fee, lawfully, to Cairney's agent, who is Sessegnon's agent, and who may be engineering something with respect to the latter.

Either way, I don't see how there is any obvious material benefit to the club from doing this deal, and I don't understand the gormless celebrations on Twitter.

Riverside

Good news - so long as we don't have a manager who wants to play him Right Wing !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Statto

Excellent news! Even though he was tied to a long contract already, to refresh that and come and say unequivocally he wants to be here next year is hugely symbolic IMO. Well done to TK (pains me to say that!) and well done TC!!!

0001.jpeg :wow: 049:gif 049:gif 049:gif

Mince n Tatties

snarks

Fantastic news, well done all concerned.

I think what's most important about this is that it sends a good signal to the fans, and players about his commitment. Also it immediately wards off transfer speculation about him leaving in the summer.