more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Appoint Scott Parker

Started by valdeingruo, May 10, 2019, 02:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Holders on May 10, 2019, 02:09:16 PM
He's a young coach with PL experience. I'm happy, particularly as he seems to have  good team around him. He now has the opportunity to get to work with TK immediately.

From the sounds of the interview, they are already well underway with planning and moves for the summer.

hovewhite

Congratulations Scot Parker,well deserved and here's hoping he has some clout over TK.

Twig

Quote from: Statto on May 10, 2019, 02:57:51 PM
"Fulham Appoints Scott Parker As Head Coach"

Memo to club - here in the UK the name of a football team is treated as a plural so can we drop the yanky "s" on "appoints" please. May as well change "Head Coach" to "Tony Khan's PA" whilst you're at it.

Spot on about the plural, that use of "appoints" really grates. But I think the p.a. dig is just a tad premature. Let's wait and see.

Mince n Tatties

Right Decision imo  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif :yay:

Mitch

It's important and of note that he's willing to work inside 'our' structure - it isn't normal, and not everyone is going to get along with it or tolerate it. Slavisa seemed to abide it, and the club got results. Hopefully it can be smooth sailing going forwards.

Woolly Mammoth

Splendid news, well done Scott.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Luka

I had TK down as having more ambition than this, but will wait to see who becomes the DOF before making a judgement.

Riversider

If Parker is going to be left alone to "manage" the club in a way that he sees fit and proper, then I'm fairly confident that he will be able to do a good job, but if he is going to be another "glove puppet " for Tony Khan then I fear for the future,
For example, if Mitrovic and Sessegnon leave this summer is that a decision made by Parker ? The decision to give Cairney a huge pay rise, was that made by Parker ?
Not a managerial decision that will have 100% support, so the first ten games of next season are absolutely vital if our season is going to gather a bit of momentum.

Robbie

Good choice. Ready for the clear-out next week.
Plenty of time to get ready for next season.
I think we will need two seasons to get back up.
COYWs

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Statto on May 10, 2019, 02:57:51 PM
"Fulham Appoints Scott Parker As Head Coach"

Memo to club - here in the UK the name of a football team is treated as a plural so can we drop the yanky "s" on "appoints" please. May as well change "Head Coach" to "Tony Khan's PA" whilst you're at it.

This kind of bigotry is uncalled for. Post without prejudice.

H4usuallysitting

Parker out.......glad he's onboard - he knows the team & our weaknesses....onwards & upwards

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: Riversider on May 10, 2019, 03:15:00 PM
If Parker is going to be left alone to "manage" the club in a way that he sees fit and proper, then I'm fairly confident that he will be able to do a good job, but if he is going to be another "glove puppet " for Tony Khan then I fear for the future,
For example, if Mitrovic and Sessegnon leave this summer is that a decision made by Parker ? The decision to give Cairney a huge pay rise, was that made by Parker ?
Not a managerial decision that will have 100% support, so the first ten games of next season are absolutely vital if our season is going to gather a bit of momentum.

What manager buys and sells players today?

brightster

Just on Sky, the reporter outside Motspur who was in the pre match press conference, asked SP about transfers, and he said that the transfers will go through SP before anyone joins! Good news if true.

Nero

Quote from: brightster on May 10, 2019, 03:35:40 PM
Just on Sky, the reporter outside Motspur who was in the pre match press conference, asked SP about transfers, and he said that the transfers will go through SP before anyone joins! Good news if true.

They always went through the manager in the 3 boxes ticked exercise Slav just got the hump as he didn't get his way on players he wanted as they didn't stack up either on stats or Talbot and son didn't fancy a trip and just gave a bad scouting report

Oakeshott

Excellent news in my opinion. I only hope that SK really means it when he says: "he will be given every opportunity to succeed at Fulham". That means time as well as appropriate resources to strengthen the squad.

Burt

Good luck to him.

Yes it's a risk, but it could also be the start of a great managerial career...

Andy S

Good luck Scott Parker. Ok it could be seen as risky but Scott has the opportunity to be a decent manager where better than at Fulham

SuffolkWhite

SP could be the next decent young Coach to come through, Hopefully another Howe affect.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Fernhurst

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on May 10, 2019, 04:22:32 PM
SP could be the next decent young Coach to come through, Hopefully another Howe affect.

Well, that would be fantastic, Howe trains his team with super intensity ...... Good luck Scotty, you will need it.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: ..FOF.. on May 10, 2019, 02:18:30 PM
His first job should be to fully fill up all those missing backroom staff posts.

True enough and those coming in will be almost as interesting as those comings and goings on the pitch. SP obviously knows plenty of ex pro's but in undertaking his coaching qualifications in the way he has we may yet see a few more new, younger faces about the place. I still think a DoF as a buffer between TK and team affairs would be a useful appointment.

Good luck SP.