watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Appoint Scott Parker

Started by valdeingruo, May 10, 2019, 02:02:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

Good luck Scotty P, a man who knows what Fulham are about. I hope he can persuade Mitro to stay and gets all changes done early so the squad can have a proper pre season, not end up "gelling" during first ten games. COYW  049:gif
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

filham

Very good news, Scott Parker obviously the best choice for us.
A win on Sunday would be nice but more important that  Scotty immediately gets stuck into the comings and goings for next season, for once let us get our team assembled in good time.

Camel Club

Good luck to Scott. Ultimately we need some stability going in to next season and throughout the transfer window. I'm still not entirely convinced that he has what it takes to be a manager in the long term but he clearly has a lot more about him than the likes of Symons and Meulensteen who were clearly No 2s.

His backroom appointments are going to be key and I hope that one or two others can be persuaded to stick around for at least another season to give us our best shot of getting back to the PL. As long as Scott is backed by the club in the transfer market we should hopefully be able to look forward to a promotion chasing season.

Nero

Lighthouse

He knows the club and the ins and outs and ups and downs of the system. He has the backing of the players, at least some of them who have come out publicly to support him. Whoever the club appointed would be a gamble at this time. Good luck to him and all we can do is support him at the start of his new career.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FulhamStu

The good news is this decision has been made now, timing is good as players know who will be in charge.  We need to rapidly get plays to commit for next season before they fly to whatever beach they will spend summer at and recruit who we need before training begins.  Of course we will not see everything in place this quickly but the quicker the better and Scott being announced now gives that process a much better chance of success.

Fulham1959

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on May 10, 2019, 03:27:50 PM
Quote from: Statto on May 10, 2019, 02:57:51 PM
"Fulham Appoints Scott Parker As Head Coach"

Memo to club - here in the UK the name of a football team is treated as a plural so can we drop the yanky "s" on "appoints" please. May as well change "Head Coach" to "Tony Khan's PA" whilst you're at it.

This kind of bigotry is uncalled for. Post without prejudice.

I agree.  I'm pretty sure that I'm more pedantic than your average football fan, but picking on this is petty and appears to be agenda-driven.  Certainly, in the recent past, papers like the Telegraph and Times often still used expressions like, "England wins".  This may be grammatically correct - and sounds a bit pompous and elitist in the 21st Century - but it was certainly not influenced by our cousins across the Atlantic.

This appointment is what I wanted.  For those "not convinced", after 10-or-so games, what do you expect ?  If the Club had prevaricated/procrastinated on the matter then they would have upset far more fans by doing so.

WindyCity

Good luck to S. Parker!

That's item #1.

Now, time to get head start on the rebuild and so forth, so the club isn't waiting until the very last minute to complete what the roster will look like and have time to prepare for opening day in the Champ.

sunburywhite

Ok I was a day early saying yesterday would be the best day to announce it

Good luck to SP, I think he will do well
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

grandad

Very happy with his appointment. I wish him all the luck. Glad we didn´t go for a journey man manager.
What he may lack in managerial experience is more than made up with his 20 years as a class player. He knows what the game is all about.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Buffalo76

Quote from: filham on May 10, 2019, 05:30:20 PM
Very good news, Scott Parker obviously the best choice for us.
A win on Sunday would be nice but more important that  Scotty immediately gets stuck into the comings and goings for next season, for once let us get our team assembled in good time.

:plus one:

YankeeJim

Memo to club - here in the UK the name of a football team is treated as a plural so can we drop the yanky "s" on "appoints" please. May as well change "Head Coach" to "Tony Khan's PA" whilst you're at it.

"Fulham appoints" is simply bad grammar; even over here in the colonies. Your sense of superiority is neither accurate nor needed.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Nick Bateman

Considering Fulham tried to get Wenger again and were rebuffed, this is a decent appointment.  Parker knows the players, Wenger may have dismantled what was good and brought in French mercenaries (as we did last season). 

If Fulham keep this team that well under-achieved in the PL together, we should BLAST through the rabble that inhabit the reams of the Championship.  Place your bets on now!!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

bobbo

I'm happy with scotty P. Only time will tell.

Whist he's been around a good few clubs , I feel he's part of the Fulham woodwork.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

HV71

Good luck Scotty - you deserve the chance  - but please, please ,don't sign Arter we have enough inter family problems without you making the same mistake. We don't need to look like an episode of the Waltons enough is enough

AnOldBrownie

This could go horribly wrong, but I had a really big smile on my face when I read this news.   Good Luck Scott!!!

I'm behind you 100%. 082.gif

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: HV71 on May 10, 2019, 09:05:44 PM
Good luck Scotty - you deserve the chance  - but please, please ,don't sign Arter we have enough inter family problems without you making the same mistake. We don't need to look like an episode of the Waltons enough is enough

Difference being, is that Arter is a very good player at that level, a few clubs will be after him. Upgrade on Stefjo, Kmac and Norwood, would be very interesting if he joined!

ealex40

Quote from: YankeeJim on May 10, 2019, 08:07:01 PM

"Fulham appoints" is simply bad grammar; even over here in the colonies. Your sense of superiority is neither accurate nor needed.

If Fulham, (the club), did the appointing then it is singular and not plural, so 'appoints' is correct.

HV71

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on May 10, 2019, 09:26:28 PM
Quote from: HV71 on May 10, 2019, 09:05:44 PM

Difference being, is that Arter is a very good player at that level, a few clubs will be after him. Upgrade on Stefjo, Kmac and Norwood, would be very interesting if he joined!

This is what worries me if Scotty can't see the problem , like yourself, then we haven't appoint a manager with enough experience. I hope this is not the case .

Steeeeeeeeeed

Good News, congratulations Scotty. No rush to beam us up to the Premier, enjoy a period of learning and strengthening.