watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sparky Looking To Bring In New Faces In January

Started by White Noise, October 28, 2010, 05:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.ealinggazette.co.uk/sport/football-ealing/fulham-fc-ealing/2010/10/28/fulham-eye-january-signings-64767-27560511/

Fulham eye January signings

Oct 28 2010

By Paul Warburton

FULHAM boss Mark Hughes has revealed he intends to go on a shopping spree in the January transfer window and add to his squad.

The coach admits he hit the ground running when he joined the Whites at the end of July and was instantly confronted with staving off clubs trying to poach his players while doing last-minute deals for others.

But Hughes reckons he's ahead of the game for the next round of deals – and has already earmarked those he wants for the second-half of the season, with Manchester City duo Shay Given and Roque Santa Cruz top of his wish list.

He said: "Things are being put into place so we can be proactive rather than reactive as we were last time.

"We spent time trying to hang on to Paul Konchesky. But when that didn't happen it was fortunate we had a viable option in Carlos Salcido straight away.

"Mousa Dembele was someone I had admired for a number of seasons – so when it was flagged up he might be available we moved very quickly. Sometimes negotiations can drag on for weeks – and sometimes they take 24 hours."

Lighthouse

Have to admit  I feel the season is in a bit of a hiatus until the end of January.

Then with luck we can still do something. But with the injury problem etc we have a problem until then.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

SmithyFFC

So hopefully by the 1st of Feb our team will be:

Given

(insert new right back)  Hughes  Hangeland  Salcido

Bentley Murphy Etuhu Dembele

A. Johnson  Santa Cruz

FTID

HatterDon

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 28, 2010, 06:54:57 PM

Given

A. Johnson  Santa Cruz

Bentley  :011:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RidgeRider

Quote from: HatterDon on October 28, 2010, 07:23:04 PM

Given

A. Johnson  Santa Cruz

Bentley  :011:

I agree Bentley is a pipe dream, not that he wouldn't be useful but can't see that ever happening....but who knows.

ToodlesMcToot

Given

A. Johnson  Santa Cruz

Given
Pantsil     Hughes         Hangeland        Salcido

Dempsey  Murphy         Etuhu              Dembele

RSC             AJ
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

AlFayedsChequebook

Given is massively overrated IMO, would rather stick with Schwarzer...

Huge

I was at a house party the other week and was chatting to guy about fulham, and it turns out he used to play for ffc in the youth set up (going back some years now) but still has mates there and he told me that Bentley would be coming in Jan. I hope he is right, but i did take it with a pinch of salt.
The Dude abides

SmithyFFC

Quote from: AlFayedsChequebook on October 29, 2010, 08:30:06 AM
Given is massively overrated IMO, would rather stick with Schwarzer...

As would I but are we really going to get that choice?
FTID

sipwell

I personally am not a big fan of Santa Cruz and indifferent with Given... They should go for a Belgian goalie: cheap and trustworthy (and winning the most number of "best goalkeeper of the World Cup" in history - if Belgium participated that is). Mignolet is doing an outstanding job at Sunderland, winning quite a big stack of points.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

SmithyFFC

Quote from: sipwell on October 29, 2010, 02:22:10 PM
I personally am not a big fan of Santa Cruz and indifferent with Given... They should go for a Belgian goalie: cheap and trustworthy (and winning the most number of "best goalkeeper of the World Cup" in history - if Belgium participated that is). Mignolet is doing an outstanding job at Sunderland, winning quite a big stack of points.

Surely if we buy another Belgian player we should try and get Eden Hazard?
FTID

sipwell

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 29, 2010, 02:39:06 PM

I don't think the physical football is his cup of tea, to be honest. Whenever he faces a team that is very physical in its approach, he plays a lousy game. And he needs a goalgetter in front of him. Personally I would pass if they offered him to me.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: sipwell on October 29, 2010, 02:47:40 PM
Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 29, 2010, 02:39:06 PM

I don't think the physical football is his cup of tea, to be honest. Whenever he faces a team that is very physical in its approach, he plays a lousy game. And he needs a goalgetter in front of him. Personally I would pass if they offered him to me.

Fair enough, thought he was meant to be the next big thing.  :dft001:

Not as if there is a shortage of belgian talent is there, Lukaku, Defour, Fellanni etc
FTID

sipwell

Quote from: FulhamFan2 on October 29, 2010, 02:53:35 PM

Fair enough, thought he was meant to be the next big thing.  :dft001:

Not as if there is a shortage of belgian talent is there, Lukaku, Defour, Fellanni etc

Well, he is a really good player, don't get me wrong. But he wouldn't fit well in the fairly direct English football. He is more a Spanish type of player.

And yes, we have a very talented generation. On paper we will win the World Cup 3 times in a row. In reality, we'll probably not make it to the Cup anyways  :019:

HatterDon

Santa Cruz has skills but it lazy.

Given has none of his best days in front of him. Since he won't be interested in second chair, I can't see him coming here with Stockdale in the club. If David isn't our #1 by the end of this season, he'll be in that situation by August.

Bentley?  :011:

SmithyFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on October 29, 2010, 03:01:13 PM

Bentley?  :011:

Whats so funny about Bentley? Ex-england international and a old favourite of Sparkys from Blackburn.
FTID

HatterDon

Bentley is a good, creative attacking right-sided midfielder. I've been a fan of his since he scored a hattrick against Man United a few years back. I think he would enhance our squad considerably.

What's worth of  :011: is the notion that we're going to sign anyone on Tottenham's books as long as 'arry is there. We've been linked with Keane, O'Hara, Bale, Huddlestone, and Bentley since he's been in charge and we've never gotten a sniff of any of them, even though Bentley was a "dead cert" the last two windows. Hell, 'arry the Thug even refused to extend our loan of Paul Staltieri [with a view to a permanent transfer] when he took over, preferring instead to release him with no compensation once Roy had signed JP for right back.

Since the Staltieri situation, I've been saying over and over that we'll never get anyone on 'arry's books, and we never have. I hope I'm wrong, and that we do sign someone worthwhile, but I'll only believe it long after it happens. Until then ... Bentley  :011:

SmithyFFC

Quote from: HatterDon on October 29, 2010, 08:04:16 PM
Bentley is a good, creative attacking right-sided midfielder. I've been a fan of his since he scored a hattrick against Man United a few years back. I think he would enhance our squad considerably.

What's worth of  :011: is the notion that we're going to sign anyone on Tottenham's books as long as 'arry is there. We've been linked with Keane, O'Hara, Bale, Huddlestone, and Bentley since he's been in charge and we've never gotten a sniff of any of them, even though Bentley was a "dead cert" the last two windows. Hell, 'arry the Thug even refused to extend our loan of Paul Staltieri [with a view to a permanent transfer] when he took over, preferring instead to release him with no compensation once Roy had signed JP for right back.

Since the Staltieri situation, I've been saying over and over that we'll never get anyone on 'arry's books, and we never have. I hope I'm wrong, and that we do sign someone worthwhile, but I'll only believe it long after it happens. Until then ... Bentley  :011:

I see your point but, Staltieri was on-loan when Ramos was manager, over the summer Ramos kept him. The window shut with Ramos in charge and 'arry came in and released Staltieri for nothing.
FTID

jarv

Bentley? Good but I will stick with davies and dempsey. I guess Bentley's rear end is used to sitting so should be a good addition.

JezamyBates

Bentley would offer genuine width, something Dempsey Davies and Gera all fail to give us. Would be a great signing if we can get those steep wages down