watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dwight Gayle

Started by Finnans Right Peg, May 20, 2019, 06:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Finnans Right Peg

I think we should go all out to sign him regardless of wether we keep mitro (i hope we do ) or not .I know we conceded a lot of goals but i think we will have a better championship defence .I think one of the many errors we made last in the premier league was that there was too much pressure on mitro to score until we signed Babel and if they didnt score we generally didnt score .Gayle  guarantees goals

filham

Yes, our defence took all of the blame last season but we were not good it attack either, Babel has to be replaced.

Dodgin

Why are West Brom not wanting him?

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Dodgin on May 20, 2019, 07:23:56 PM
Why are West Brom not wanting him?

He's on Premier League wages at Newcastle which West Brom are not prepared to match.

Statto

Would be a fanatastic signing for us

If all we do this summer is keep Mitro, sign Gayle to replace Sessegnon and get Kalas back on loan, I will be very happy

ealex40

Quote from: Statto on May 20, 2019, 08:04:08 PM

If all we do this summer is keep Mitro, sign Gayle to replace Sessegnon and get Kalas back on loan, I will be very happy

Me too!

Nero

sign Gayle people won't like that he's a diver, 1st player done for deceiving the referee, 

AnOldBrownie

You can't want Cyrus or Dennis as the starting right back though.  Do you see either of them doing what Fredericks did in 17/18?  I don't.   Both aren't quick enough and Odoi's positional awareness at RB imo isn't good enough.  Ikechi Anya would have been a good replacement, but if Derby goes up he's going with them.

hovewhite

agree would settle for that!

St Eve

I Ronic

We've done well out of Newcastle. Apart from Mitro, we've had Goma, Lee Clark, Duff, Saha, Arron Hughes. Let's keep it going.

fulhamben

Quote from: I Ronic on May 20, 2019, 10:07:15 PM
We've done well out of Newcastle. Apart from Mitro, we've had Goma, Lee Clark, Duff, Saha, Arron Hughes. Let's keep it going.
saha was only on loan at Newcastle, we signed him from Metz
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

I Ronic

Quote from: fulhamben on May 20, 2019, 10:19:39 PM
Quote from: I Ronic on May 20, 2019, 10:07:15 PM
saha was only on loan at Newcastle, we signed him from Metz

? So nobody from the club would of watched him while playing for the barcodes ???

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: St Eve on May 20, 2019, 09:49:18 PM
No thanks

To be honest...something about him bothers me, but I can't put my finger on it.   I'd take him, but if there were another 20 goal scorer available I'd probably take that player over Gayle.   

I'd still take him though and I think he'd be a good contributing player.   

Matt10

I think it's a bit naive to think we can sign him. He's 28, has 20+ goals in 40 matches for West Brom. Is anyone asking Gayle if he wants to play PL rather with us in the championship? I'm pretty sure he wants PL football.

I'd love to have him though!

The Rational Fan

Quote from: ealex40 on May 20, 2019, 08:38:06 PM

Me too!

I think adding premier league quality Gayle (CF/LW) and lower premier league quality Kalas (CB/RB) for the pre-season is enough, but around deadline day I would like to pick up an extra championship "right winger" to add depth up front and strengthen to the right hand side attack, plus another championship "utility forward" like Piazon for more backup especially for injuries.

We need to be replacing Ojo, Piazon and Sessegnon from the 17/18 season; Babel, Schullre and Sessegnon from the 18/19 season; Aluko, Piazon, and Sessegnon from the 16/17 season. As for right back, if keep Christie and Odoi plus buy Kalas we be decent and may find a star out of S.Sess, Fossey and Dramah.

Kamara, Atyie and Kebano are not 90 minutes players, as can be seen as they have played 90 minutes for a combined total of 16 league games in the last two seasons (i.e. 2.6 games per player per season). Sheffield United are getting promoted cause they scored 23 of the 24 games against teams in the bottom half, we must do the same.

We need to be bringing on players like Kamara and Atyie at the end of every game to get that extra goal, so we need other better players in the starting XI nearly every game, and when they do start we need good substitutes to come on in the last 20-30 minutes (like Piazon and Kebano).

Texas White

No way he is signing for us

Deuce

Gayle is  great Championship player but cant really make it in the PL. Cant see why we would splash cash and high wages on a position where we have the best in the league already in Mitro. IF Mitro leaves, then I think we absoluley should go for Gayle.

Before we make luxury purchases, lets spend our money elsewhere first, namely, a replacement for Chambers.

The Enclosurite

If you want to be the best in the Championship, you have to have the best Championship players and there is no doubting that Gayle fits that bill.

Is he Premier League quality? I'm unsure, but guess what? We are not in the Premier League right now.   049:gif COYW
¡COYW!

Mince n Tatties

Radio on about Harry Potter at Brighton might
like him.