watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stoke City 2-0 Fulham, Saturday 19 October 2019, 3:00pm

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 22, 2019, 06:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyle from Hangeland

Woohoo! We survived the first half. Things could totally change in the second half. Let's see.

Mince n Tatties

Terrible fare,we need to really up it second half.

MisfitKid

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

WindyCity

Well, gotta give Betts some props here, as much as he's been under fire on this board so far.  Could have been 2 nil, 3 nil if not for a couple of very good saves.  FFC sloppy in their back.

Last 10-15 mins of first half were much better offensively.  FFC still looks unsure of themselves with possession, slow and difficult to make decisions/plays.  And Mitro on a yellow. 

I'll happily take a draw at this point, but in their back third they look very shaky indeed.

SouthernWhite

This crap is 100% on Parker. No tactical preparation at all it seems as we get worse every week.

How can you have Bryan going up so hard with only 3 defenders? That's beyond stupid. By having Cav and Knock so tied up with defensive duties he makes us weaker upfront.

This is just ridiculous. We need Reid out and Sess in to give us balance.

bigalffc

4-3-3. Now please Scotty P

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

WindyCity

Quote from: MisfitKid on October 19, 2019, 03:49:48 PM
Stats are ugly

Sure are, 77% possession no shots/no shots on target.  Pretty bad.  Stoke has 1 nil lead, 7 shots/4 on target

Lyle from Hangeland

..FOF..

Quote from: bigalffc on October 19, 2019, 03:51:37 PM
4-3-3. Now please Scotty P

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Looks like nobody is getting that early rest... we'll deal with the next game on Monday.

filham

The three at the back gamble is not working, Mawson and Ream look uncomfortable and are making mistakes.
We are lucky not to be three goals down. Changes needed for second half.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: SouthernWhite on October 19, 2019, 03:51:36 PM
This crap is 100% on Parker. No tactical preparation at all it seems as we get worse every week.

How can you have Bryan going up so hard with only 3 defenders? That's beyond stupid. By having Cav and Knock so tied up with defensive duties he makes us weaker upfront.

I like the idea of a back 3. And we played that way the last game, I think... or we changed to that formation and it seemed sturdy. Different players maybe.

Cavaleiro can't defend. He's a lot like Cairney, only good moving forward.

LittleErn

Poor first half. I'm not sure if it's the system. Too slow to move the ball at the back and Stoke are putting us under pressure when we're on the ball. Would cause us problems whatever the system, but no wide outlets from the back causing early passes forward that they are picking off. Mitro looks pissed off today.

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: LittleErn on October 19, 2019, 03:56:51 PM
Poor first half. I'm not sure if it's the system. Too slow to move the ball at the back and Stoke are putting us under pressure when we're on the ball. Would cause us problems whatever the system, but no wide outlets from the back causing early passes forward that they are picking off. Mitro looks pissed off today.

True. They pressed Joe Bryan hard. And they were watching for Reams passes to the midfield and would press the midfielders Ream was looking for.

..FOF..

Quote from: Lyle from Hangeland on October 19, 2019, 03:56:40 PM
Quote from: SouthernWhite on October 19, 2019, 03:51:36 PM

I like the idea of a back 3. And we played that way the last game, I think... or we changed to that formation and it seemed sturdy. Different players maybe.

Cavaleiro can't defend. He's a lot like Cairney, only good moving forward.

3 at the back probably can only work for us when our opponent starts to tire....

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

WindyCity

Fingers crossed for a much better 2nd half.  Overall, rather poor show 1st half.

COYW!!!

Lyle from Hangeland

Stoke had a great chance. But I think they're play acting.

WindyCity

Wow, nearly another Stoke goal just one minute in to 2nd half.  C'mon, get with it boys!!

DevonFFC