https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham 0-3 Barnsley, Saturday 15 February 2020, 3:00pm

Started by Friendsoffulham, June 22, 2019, 06:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobby01

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 15, 2020, 03:58:59 PM
Quote from: keithh on February 15, 2020, 03:55:29 PM
This is crazy - why are so many players taking a long pot-shot instead of passing to a colleague waiting in the penalty area?

Have you not watched us all season.    Hero ball is a thing for, I guess, high priced players with a rookie manager.

Mind you, I don't fault Parker more than I do the players, but you would think that we would play better as a team than we do this late in the season.

Never heard you say it before today, but hero ball is today's phrase😂😂😂
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 15, 2020, 03:56:48 PM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 15, 2020, 03:54:14 PM
Quote from: Ordar on February 15, 2020, 03:51:51 PM
Parker is terrible. Tactics totally wrong again. team unmotivated. Football is dire

Define how the tactics are wrong and how the team is unmotivated.    You said it, so explain.

Define how the tactics are right and how the team is motivated. Because I'm clueless as to how you reach such a conclusion.

More shots, more time of possession, not losing fifty fifty balls....

I didn't make an initial assumption(which is impossible to quantify this game...like saying a player isn't motivated) which calls into question what a manager did to fire his team up...like these are 10 year olds on the pitch.

But...unlike you I've continued to point out the hero ball attempts at goal..which a blind person can see.

WindyCity

Quote from: MisfitKid on February 15, 2020, 03:58:36 PM
It's got to be the weather...   :dft011: :dead horse:

Of course it is.  Funny how it only impacts FFC.   :012:

andyk

I'm still confident, 3-1, storming second half performance.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 15, 2020, 04:01:53 PM
Parker is terrible. Tactics totally wrong again. team unmotivated. Football is dire

Define how the tactics are wrong and how the team is unmotivated.    You said it, so explain.

Define how the tactics are right and how the team is motivated. Because I'm clueless as to how you reach such a conclusion.

I didn't make an initial assumption(which is impossible to quantify this game...like saying a player isn't motivated) which calls into question what a manager did to fire his team up...like these are 10 year olds on the pitch.

But...unlike you I've continued to point out the hero ball attempts at goal..which a blind person can see.

Less goals, the only stat that matters. Barnsley haven't been lucky here, they have been the better team. They are motivated too. It is the manager's job to motivate the team. Players should motivate themselves too, but that's just professionalism. I'm not saying Parker is solely to blame as the players have let themselves down all year too, but he has been poor.

HobGoblin

Parker needs to motivate them with a hammer to knock some sense in to them

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on February 15, 2020, 04:05:20 PM

Less goals, the only stat that matters. Barnsley haven't been lucky here, they have been the better team. They are motivated too. It is the manager's job to motivate the team. Players should motivate themselves too, but that's just professionalism. I'm not saying Parker is solely to blame as the players have let themselves down all year too, but he has been poor.

Last game... manager can't make Josh ONomah pass the ball to wide open Mitrovich instead of taking a ridiculous shot.

Today, Onomah, Cav, Knock and Tom ALL should have passed to a more open player instead of taking a contested shot on goal.

The tactics aren't wrong.   The players are making poor decisions.

DevonFFC

Plodder

Don't want Rodak to suffer the same vitriol as Bettinelli, but if the latter had made that mistake, he would be getting  the full treatment on here.

Sgt Fulham

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 15, 2020, 04:08:30 PM

Last game... manager can't make Josh ONomah pass the ball to wide open Mitrovich instead of taking a ridiculous shot.

Today, Onomah, Cav, Knock and Tom ALL should have passed to a more open player instead of taking a contested shot on goal.

Undoubtedly so. But how many managers allow that to persist through a full season? Do you think Howe or Wilder would put up with that and not have a word?

davew

Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

DevonFFC

Mince n Tatties

rusty shackleford

Lyle from Hangeland

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on February 15, 2020, 04:08:30 PM

Well said, although Parker probably lacks the coaching experience and possibly the personality to get them to work better as a team... like a Roy Hodgson.