watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tomas Kalas signs for Bristol

Started by f321ffc, June 27, 2019, 05:47:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

f321ffc

Bristol City have beaten Celtic to the signing of Tomas Kalas, with the transfer expected to be confirmed within the next 24 hours.

Bristol Live understands the Robins have secured the Czech Republic international on a permanent deal from Chelsea following his successful loan spell at Ashton Gate last season.

The 26-year-old will also become the club's highest-paid player, as per our sources.

Kalas made 38 Championship appearances for City and struck up a fine partnership with Adam Webster forming one of the best centre-back duos in the division.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

AnOldBrownie

Fulham should sign Adam Webster.   :005:

Art Vandelay

Rubbish, wish we signed him permanently a couple of years ago when we had the chance

Statto

That's a real shame IMO, very jealous

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Why so jealous? He could not get his place back in our team
also note that he will be their highest paid player whatever that means.

JoelH5

Such a click bait headline
I was there, standing in the Putney end

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: JoelH5 on June 27, 2019, 06:31:15 PM
Such a click bait headline

My initial thought.     082.gif

Woolly Mammoth

The ones that get away always seem more attractive.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

filham

Have we any idea of the transfer fee and do we really think Kalas is better than Mawson and Ream.

Lighthouse

Was never that impressed by Kallas despite the constant love in fans had with him.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Matt10

Good for him. He was a professional loanee for too long, and deserved a permanent spot somewhere.

SP

Quote from: filham on June 27, 2019, 07:33:42 PM
Have we any idea of the transfer fee and do we really think Kalas is better than Mawson and Ream.

No & no.  Presumably something like £4m in today's crazy market?

MikeW

Better than Mawson?- difficult to say as he's always knacked.  Ream is a busted flush.  And Stoneleigh Loyalist.  Started on the drink early? ridiculous statement.

I'd have purchased him 2 years ago.  Bet City finish higher than us. I regret.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: MikeW on June 27, 2019, 08:17:32 PM
Better than Mawson?- difficult to say as he's always knacked.  Ream is a busted flush.  And Stoneleigh Loyalist.  Started on the drink early? ridiculous statement.

You forgotten an out of position Denis Odoi was a better player during 17-18.

Facts Not Fiction

Kalas is a good championship player. We have 4 good championship CBs in Mawson, MLM, Ream and Odoi. He's a player we didn't need.

Statto

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on June 27, 2019, 08:47:56 PM
Quote from: MikeW on June 27, 2019, 08:17:32 PM

You forgotten an out of position Denis Odoi was a better player during 17-18.

Well an out of position Denis Odoi is currently our only right-sided CB. So let's see how well he does in 19-20.

f321ffc

Hey mods why change the thread title? Or is a little light hearted fun not allowed anymore?
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Andy S

I think players that stay on Chelsea's books making mega cash before going on to another club demanding big money are the sort of players to steer clear of

chrisburt13

I don't think we should be too gutted by this - the man was replaced by Dennis Odoi in our promotion season, who was brought in as a full back.

I appreciate everything he done for the club, but bringing him back on a sentimental value wouldn't be good in my opinion, and we have better centre backs than him at the club anyway, again, in my opinion.

If he was that good, we would have signed him permanently upon promotion..

Statto

Quote from: chrisburt13 on June 28, 2019, 09:52:03 AM
we have better centre backs than him at the club anyway, again, in my opinion

if you class Odoi as a full back, as you have done, then we don't have a better right-footed CB at the club than Kalas. In fact we don't have a single right-footed CB in the first team as far as I'm aware