more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Breaking - New Deal for Mitro

Started by Art Vandelay, July 07, 2019, 07:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sting of the North

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 08, 2019, 12:04:58 PM
I am delighted that we will be seeing Mitro again this season and although I have not ploughed through every comment on this thread I must say that this is a shrewd piece of business by Tony in addition to giving us a highly paid striker
We have him for the present time but for how long? Five year contracts are useful in that Mitro's transfer market value holds up should there be reason for him to move on in the future.
Therefore we have the double gain of a good striker who plays but also has investment value as long as he maintains from and fitness.

I think we already had him on a four year contract. What was done here was likely that he was given a raise, effectively keeping him on the PL wage (as opposed to the rumored reduced wage in the Championship). Economically in isolation this was likely not beneficial for the economy of the club. As a statement of intent it was however huge, and that will hopefully have positive economical consequences further down the line (i.e. promotion). Very good move.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: KJS on July 08, 2019, 09:13:21 AM
Where have the TK hatters gone???

049:gif Still here.

But seriously, you can credit someone for their good work and also critique them too - it doesn't have to be one or the other. Personally, I teeter to the negative, but will always credit when it is due.

Not everything is black/white left/right.

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 08, 2019, 12:09:48 PM
Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 08, 2019, 12:04:58 PM
I am delighted that we will be seeing Mitro again this season and although I have not ploughed through every comment on this thread I must say that this is a shrewd piece of business by Tony in addition to giving us a highly paid striker
We have him for the present time but for how long? Five year contracts are useful in that Mitro's transfer market value holds up should there be reason for him to move on in the future.
Therefore we have the double gain of a good striker who plays but also has investment value as long as he maintains from and fitness.

I think we already had him on a four year contract. What was done here was likely that he was given a raise, effectively keeping him on the PL wage (as opposed to the rumored reduced wage in the Championship). Economically in isolation this was likely not beneficial for the economy of the club. As a statement of intent it was however huge, and that will hopefully have positive economical consequences further down the line (i.e. promotion). Very good move.

I assume it is viable for two years whilst we have the parachute money/ffp allowance. If we aren't premier league in two years he would want to move on, fairly, and we would need to allow that for our own finances, I guess?

colinwhite

Quote from: Twig on July 08, 2019, 10:47:14 AM
I'm so fed up with this constant sniping about "TK haters" or "TK sycophants". Could we try and be a bit more balanced? 
I don't think anyone on here has said they "hate" TK, none of us know the guy for goodness sake. But some of us do believe that the role of DoF requires a qualified person and I think we can all agree that TK is not that. For those who feel qualification for the job is not an issue then, fine. But for those of us who feel TK should focus on the business side (or at least get a knowledgeable deputy), then we are justified in pointing out his failings. It does not make us Khan haters!

Glad to see you being resonable twig. But unfortunately there have been several posters on here continually blaming TK for everything wrong with last season. Of course his qualifications can be questioned , but so can those of the people constantly criticising TK directly ,and indirectly the owner since he was the person who appointed him.  I am getting behind the club and so should all supporters wether they question TKs competence or not. Sadly that hasnt looked to be the case to me. This along with personal insults when putting forward a point of view at odds with negativity aimed at TK has made me think twice about posting on here or reading some of the drivel that has been written by some. Mitro and Cairney have now re-signed for TK so he isnt doing evrything wrong.

Matt10

Quote from: colinwhite on July 08, 2019, 01:38:27 PM
I'm so fed up with this constant sniping about "TK haters" or "TK sycophants". Could we try and be a bit more balanced? 
I don't think anyone on here has said they "hate" TK, none of us know the guy for goodness sake. But some of us do believe that the role of DoF requires a qualified person and I think we can all agree that TK is not that. For those who feel qualification for the job is not an issue then, fine. But for those of us who feel TK should focus on the business side (or at least get a knowledgeable deputy), then we are justified in pointing out his failings. It does not make us Khan haters!

Glad to see you being resonable twig. But unfortunately there have been several posters on here continually blaming TK for everything wrong with last season. Of course his qualifications can be questioned , but so can those of the people constantly criticising TK directly ,and indirectly the owner since he was the person who appointed him.  I am getting behind the club and so should all supporters wether they question TKs competence or not. Sadly that hasnt looked to be the case to me. This along with personal insults when putting forward a point of view at odds with negativity aimed at TK has made me think twice about posting on here or reading some of the drivel that has been written by some. Mitro and Cairney have now re-signed for TK so he isnt doing evrything wrong.

I'd also ask here, at what point does TK count as qualified? It may be rhetorical, because in order to qualify, you need experience. Well, guess what? TK has more years of DoF experience now doesn't he? At what point do we accept that? 1 or 2 transfer windows? Or maybe 1 good one, then a failed one?

Statto

Quote from: Matt10 on July 08, 2019, 02:34:05 PM
I'd also ask here, at what point does TK count as qualified? It may be rhetorical, because in order to qualify, you need experience. Well, guess what? TK has more years of DoF experience now doesn't he? At what point do we accept that? 1 or 2 transfer windows? Or maybe 1 good one, then a failed one?
The average DoF is probably 40-50 yrs old and has spent their entire career in the game. So I'd say about 20-30 yrs in football is qualified or "experienced" . TK started late so he will hit that level aged around 55.

toshes mate

Quote from: Matt10 on July 08, 2019, 02:34:05 PM
If TK could get a job as DoF at another English PL/Championship club on merit (i.e. not via relationship with owner) I'd say he has the experience required for the job.  He has chosen the path he wishes to tread and, so far as any criticism goes, he should put up or shut up.

Matt10

Quote from: Statto on July 08, 2019, 03:29:44 PM
The average DoF is probably 40-50 yrs old and has spent their entire career in the game. So I'd say about 20-30 yrs in football is qualified or "experienced" . TK started late so he will hit that level aged around 55.

Quote from: toshes mate on July 08, 2019, 03:38:28 PM
If TK could get a job as DoF at another English PL/Championship club on merit (i.e. not via relationship with owner) I'd say he has the experience required for the job.  He has chosen the path he wishes to tread and, so far as any criticism goes, he should put up or shut up.

Fair enough. He needs 30 years to age, get away from Fulham to build merit, and accept he didn't grow up in a footy background.

Good luck, Tony.

Tempest

Very happy BUT it's still down to TK to back up Mitro's new contract with a team that will get us promotion. If we are not in the mix for at least a play off in January Mitro will be sold, if we don't get promoted he will go next year.  Obviously I'm not ITK but this is a brilliant gesture by Mitro to sign and give us the chance to get back in the PL.

Sess, would be great if you would take a similar course of action.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Live in Falmouth!

Neil D

As I see it he could either get premier league wages playing week in and week out here or PL wages playing occasionally in the actual PL.  I guess Mitro is one of these players who just wants to play football.

Steeeeeeeeeed

Instead of buying new players every windo, we just seem to re-sign Mitro in one way or another :)

Good news though

PartizanFC

I am happy
I love Fulham..i am glad he will  stay here
i  only have one fear..how to watch this club on tv every week as last year...
In Serbia we had privilege to watch every Fulham game if we have cable tv with sportclub package..but they only show championship at friday and first game of saturday...so i hope there will be streams....

with good winger support...he will kick a..es

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: colinwhite on July 08, 2019, 01:38:27 PM

Point of view difference here, but getting behind the club for me at least doesn't mean blindly following or agreeing with everything they do. For me it is about the club being the best it can be for everyone. Sometimes that may mean constructive criticism and the requirement for the FST or other fan body to ask difficult questions, or point out when certain decisions are obviously or potentially detrimental to the club. We all want the same thing ultimately.

Statto

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on July 09, 2019, 04:05:12 PM
Point of view difference here, but getting behind the club for me at least doesn't mean blindly following or agreeing with everything they do. For me it is about the club being the best it can be for everyone. Sometimes that may mean constructive criticism and the requirement for the FST or other fan body to ask difficult questions, or point out when certain decisions are obviously or potentially detrimental to the club. We all want the same thing ultimately.

Yep

Twig

I absolutely agree that we can, and should, express constructive criticism, that does not mean we aren't getting behind our club. After all we are the paying customer and that is our right. My concern is when those same customers become polarised and start slagging one another off (and I admit i've bitten a couple of times when a post has pee'd me off). At the end of the day we are all pretty passionate supporters or we wouldn't be on here so often. I think it's time to try to respect different viewpoints and build a few bridges.

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Twig on July 09, 2019, 09:50:19 PM
I absolutely agree that we can, and should, express constructive criticism, that does not mean we aren't getting behind our club. After all we are the paying customer and that is our right. My concern is when those same customers become polarised and start slagging one another off (and I admit i've bitten a couple of times when a post has pee'd me off). At the end of the day we are all pretty passionate supporters or we wouldn't be on here so often. I think it's time to try to respect different viewpoints and build a few bridges.

:plus one:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Ordar

While I'm obviously happy that he's staying, my god the club are milking it like we've just signed Messi

HobGoblin

Nice to see some loyalty.

Well done TK. Unlike others i feel the guy has best interests of the club at heart and willing to take a few years rough since I expect he will stick around for many. Seems the guy wears the clubs heart on his sleeve, for his mistakes it's much better than a "Don't give a toss" merc involved in the club