more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How long do we give parker?

Started by General, July 15, 2019, 08:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

Are you Nick Bateman in disguise?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

General

Quote from: Statto on July 15, 2019, 09:11:27 AM
Excluding caretakers the Khans have sacked what, 6 managers? All those sackings have been carried out mid-season but only one of their replacements, Symons for Magath, has made a significant improvement within the same season they were appointed.

At least one of those sackings looks premature with hindsight (Jokanovic) but none of them appear to have been given too long IMO.

So for me, the clear lesson is that these intra-season sackings aren't working for us, and unless we have an epic, disastrous Magath-style start and are clearly on course for relegation, we may as well give the manager the full season.

Then if we finish outside the top 6-8 I'd say by all means replace Parker at the end of the season.

Thanks for the thoughtful and practical reply.

Camel Club

With the exception of Chelsea pretty much every successful club gives their managers time. And that's what Fulham have to do with Scott Parker. Having backed him after the debacle of Ranieri and having now given him the job full time there needs to be patience from everybody concerned with the club.

Whilst I expect us to get off to a decent start and will be disappointed/surprised if we aren't pushing for at least a play-off spot come March he has to at least be given this season and ideally the one after that as well. It is vital that we as supporters get fully behind him and turn The Cottage in to a fortress next season (albeit one with only 3 sides!!).

The Rational Fan

In fairness, every time fans call for Tony Khan to get sacked the manager gets changed. Scott Parker wi get sacked as soon as fans start saying TK is an idiot for signing Calveiro because if Calveiro the recruit it the manager could be blamed. The fans will say the recruit and the owner will blame the manager.

General

Quote from: grandad on July 15, 2019, 09:15:18 AM
For goodness sake, the season hasn´t even started & topics like this come up. Why don´t go the whole hog & start a "Who do we want as our next manager?"

I'm confused as to why people don't want to talk about things that can count towards the success of the club

It is sensible in every aspect of life as it is in business / government etc to understand all the possibilities and prepare yourself mentally for them and the possibility of both failure and success.

Just because you do due diligence around what may happen if things don't work out, doesn't mean you expect or want it to fail. You are essentially trying to succeed regardless and also understand where things make go wrong so you can support someone to do their job better and lessen risk of for allure,  but also ensure the company succeeds. That's proper management and responsible.

ffcwickford

I would expect him to be given a new contract before his current one expires. He wants to play out from the back - the same as Slavisa did, it is what all us fans want to see. We are a top championship CB (Aden Flint?) and winger/striker/No10 (Callum O'Dowda?) away from a very good championship team. We have lost 1-0 to Burnley in the EPL and 1-0 to a Champions League Quarter-Finalist. We next play Brighton (EPL), Oxford (League One) and West Ham (EPL). This is a very good run-up to the season starting and a lot of our youngsters are getting minutes under their belts as well. Some posters will never be happy!!

RaySmith

The Khans want promotion, and sacked Kit when it didn't look likely under him, having already sacked Magath, who looked more likely to take us to another relegation, and after success with Joka he was also sacked when relegation looked likely.

I think Parker will get decent chance, but will be expected to  at least be contending for promotion  by Christmas.He might get  a  chance if looking at mid-table consolidation this season -

but I don't think the Khans  or the fans will be happy with this, and i think the Khans do heed the clamour from fans in these situations - and  fans are generally very unforgiving these days, as we know,

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Oh well, we might as well do it tomorrow to make some people happy.

My wife won't go to the community pool here in Florida because she is fed up with
negative people, I agree with her but have to go as I'm a fish.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Sydney_White

Week ending October 6th. That's the usual axe time giving 2 weeks before the next game

hovewhite

I'm surprised most of you aren't calling for his head for losing a friendly!

Woolly Mammoth

I believe Scots Head will still be firmly on his neck this time next year.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: hovewhite on July 17, 2019, 07:09:33 AM

We're meeting tonight at the cottage at 6. We need time to organise.

Sting of the North

Quote from: FFC1987 on July 17, 2019, 04:34:57 PM

Yes, enough is enough! Not only did we lose to Burnley, but to also be humiliated by some southern European minnow. This will not stand!

Woolly Mammoth

I have been waiting here at the Cottage for almost 45 minutes, where is everyone ?
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 17, 2019, 06:43:07 PM

I have been waiting here at the Cottage for almost 45 minutes, where is everyone ?

Sorry, I stopped on the way at Dr.ink of Fulham for a few beers. Will be there as soon as they throw me out.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Sting of the North on July 17, 2019, 07:45:10 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on July 17, 2019, 06:43:07 PM

Sorry, I stopped on the way at Dr.ink of Fulham for a few beers. Will be there as soon as they throw me out.

Parker will get sacked when Cairney gets injuried. Event sequence we do well with Cairney, Cairney gets injured, without Cairney a string of draws occur ending seasons chances and everyone starts blaming Tony Khan for Seri's replacement (bought with the £1.35m he got from the loan fee) being rubbish with Cisse, McDonald, Anguiissa, and Johasen not providing enough assists or goals for Fulham.

Parker blames TK for not replacing Seri with a decent player. TK blames Parker for not wanting Seri as a reserve. Everyone except those two don't know what the truth is; people take sides,  fans blame TK and owner blames Parker. Conclusion Parker Sacked.

RaySmith

It's a results driven business as we know, and hopefully results will be immediately good under Parker's management. I feel positive myself.

But  how long will Parker get if we are not looking like  promotion candidates at Christmas?  Will the khans give him longer?

Will we bring any more new players in?- I believe we will, and sell some too.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: RaySmith on July 18, 2019, 04:45:08 AM
It's a results driven business as we know, and hopefully results will be immediately good under Parker's management. I feel positive myself.

But  how long will Parker get if we are not looking like  promotion candidates at Christmas?  Will the khans give him longer?

Will we bring any more new players in?- I believe we will, and sell some too.

Slavisa lost Ream, Bryan and Cairney to injury then got sacked, because replacements didn't deliver and returned players were off form. Raneri lost Sess, Mawson, Anguiissa and Kamara then got sacked.

When injuries occur Parker better keep winning with Cisse as his 5th central midfielder, Kamara as his 3rd winger and Fonte as backup striker else his gone. Losing Seri makes Parker departure more likely, Seri can cover most midfield positions for what a pathetic £1.5m loan fee (how can we seriously loan a quality backup midfielder for that money).

toshes mate

The law of unintended consequences does have it's more positive moments, although most likely much fewer and further between.  Scott Parker knows that only too well since he is an example of such a consequence.  He'll also disregard all things negative since he knows that as far as football is concerned one player's unfortunate injury is another player's moment of positive opportunity. 

aaronmcguigan

I am all for sticking with Parker. But I do question our strategy  of picking up from where we left off in May 2018, while just switching off anything that happened after that .
The likes of McDonald and Johansen have barely played in a year. We're back to having no idea about our keeper situation. We've lumped 2 players up on ridiculous wages while not thinking of its impact on the rest of the squads morale. We also haven't addressed any defensive concerns which was proven that any team bar Huddersfield, even a Bristol Rovers , could glide through.

I just feel there's a level of toxicity that's been left over from Ranieri along with preseason drifting by and a lot of unanswered questions such as Anguissas frame of mind, Sessegnon, which version of Ream will show up for pre season etc that is sure to impact preparations.

Of course there's a lot of good here but the impacts mentioned mean I do hope Parker will be given a full season to slowly build our team and club back together. I do think it's physically impossible to sack a man if the men above him haven't addressed every concern he has about what he's inherited