more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player ratings vs. Brighton

Started by @jolslover, July 20, 2019, 07:31:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

@jolslover

Dropping my 2$ on the Aldershot game - just got back

Bettinelli 5- Looked shakey whenever a high cross came in, didn't command his area well but distribution was decent and made a good save early on.
Steve Sess 7- Looked solid, delt with aerial balls well despite being short and worked hard throughout, linking up well with Kamara when he came on
Mawson 7- Formed a good partnership with Le March and did well at RCB, was composed on the ball, made some important blocks and played a few nice passes
Le Marchand 6.5- Did well alongside Mawson, one dodgy pass in the first half aside looke good on the ball and made some nice tackles
Bryan 7- Another good game from Bryan, looked good on the left and got forward well to support Cavaleiro
Mcdonald 6- Got on the ball a lot as the half went on after a quiet first 20 and didn't give possession away but did feel he was a bit slow when we had a chance to counter
Johansen 6.5- Worked hard throughout and tidy on the ball, felt like old times
Cairney 8- Great goal for the first and good finish for the second, looked tidy on the ball and never gave it away
Cavaleiro 7- Looked like he was going to make something happen whenever he got on the ball, worked hard to get the ball back after losing it and linked up well wtih Cairney at times
Mitrovic 5.5- Didn't look that interested today and a few moments of good hold up play aside wasn't at the races today
Kebano 6.5- Caused the Brighton LB problems with his dribbling but his final ball was often lacking

Special mention to Kamara (8.5 and my MOTM) who changed the game when he came on. Brighton defenders couldn't deal with his pace and strength
Jayden Harris also looked decent when he came on, held onto the ball well and looked powerful
STH H3

Mince n Tatties

👍
What about that white bits at the back of our shorts,looked like something chasing them.
Don't know what Adidas were doing there.

SP

Thanks for the summary, sounds promising.  I've been worried about losing Joe B or Mitro but perhaps we should be worried about receiving an offer for AK...

..FOF..

Glad my call for expenditure on signing a world class goalkeeper is strengthen here.

Appreciate these ratings and commentary, jolslover.... Steven Sess seems to be able to shake off his mental issues now after his injury spell.

Update: yeah, just saw the highlight.... AK47 seems to be a thinking footballer now  :yay:

The Rational Fan

Quote from: @jolslover on July 20, 2019, 07:31:56 PM

Bettinelli 5- Looked shakey whenever a high cross came in, didn't command his area well but distribution was decent and made a good save early on.

Surely, its time to give a goalkeeper a chance who was named "best keeper in Turkey for two seasons". Fabri has conceeded 5 goals in his last 2 league games ruining his reputation, but including those two games he has only conceeded 65 goals in his last 70 league games. Since, Fabri left Beşiktaş, Loris Karius (Liverpoool's ex-keeper) has been in goal and they are conceeded an extra goal every second game. Next Season, Fabri could easily be the best keeper in either the English Championship (and not for Leeds as Bielsa likes him) or the Turkish Super Lig (his former fans really rate him highly).

https://www.football.london/fulham-fc/fabri-new-fulham-signing-14940468

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2019, 08:16:35 AM

Surely, its time to give a goalkeeper a chance who was named "best keeper in Turkey for two seasons". Fabri has conceeded 5 goals in his last 2 league games ruining his reputation, but including those two games he has only conceeded 65 goals in his last 70 league games. Since, Fabri left Beşiktaş, Loris Karius (Liverpoool's ex-keeper) has been in goal and they are conceeded an extra goal every second game. Next Season, Fabri could easily be the best keeper in either the English Championship (and not for Leeds as Bielsa likes him) or the Turkish Super Lig (his former fans really rate him highly).

I'd rather see Fabri sold so more game time can be given to Rodak.

Truly believe he'll be our No 1 come the end of the season.

aaronmcguigan

Surely?
His manager didn't even put him on the bench for the game. I'm all for giving players a chance but when Scott has started Betts in every friendly so far with Fabri getting half an hour this whole pre season indicates Parker has his mind made up . Fabri was fit all of all last season and couldn't make it onto the bench until Betts had his operation.
Wouldn't say Bettinelli is the best keeper ever but in every season he's been with us he's had to fight other keepers for the shirt. Maybe having an undisputed number one will help his confidence. We already know we have a more than capable deputy in Rodak and if the opportunity comes along to sell Fabri we should do it . As you mentioned he has his admirers in Turkey so when we have a sellable asset in a position we have an abundance of keepers in, we should do it

Woolly Mammoth

A new Goalkeeper is not a priority, I like what I have seen of Rodak, and Fabri could end up surplus to requirements. Then again Betts could sustain an injury at Oxford on Tuesday, and the picture changes again.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

S.F.Sorrow

Best keeper in the Championship? More like the SMALLEST keeper in the Championship. Fabri is too small for the Championship IMO. And his stats from Turkey means absolutely NOTHING compared to the fact that he has been poor when given the chance for us.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 21, 2019, 09:53:47 AM

Don't worry Fabri shouldn't be had to sell, Bielsa would buy Fabri and transfermarkt rates Fabri 10x the price of Rodak.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/premier-league/leeds-plot-fabri-raid-to-sort-out-goalkeeping-issues/

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on July 21, 2019, 10:51:26 AM

Best keeper in the Championship? More like the SMALLEST keeper in the Championship. Fabri is too small for the Championship IMO. And his stats from Turkey means absolutely NOTHING compared to the fact that he has been poor when given the chance for us.

I agree Fabri is too small, especially for the championship, he will need a stepladder. Too much obsession with Statts, which mean nothing on a cold winters night up in Deepdale. He is better off back in Turkey in a warmer climate where the crossbars are lower. 

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 21, 2019, 10:52:20 AM

Don't worry Fabri shouldn't be had to sell, Bielsa would buy Fabri and transfermarkt rates Fabri 10x the price of Rodak.

https://thisisfutbol.com/2018/12/blogs/premier-league/leeds-plot-fabri-raid-to-sort-out-goalkeeping-issues/

Nobody is worried, and whether Fabri 10x worth what Rodak is just daft stats because he is not 10x better than Rodak hence the reason why Rodak was number 2 keeper in recent friendlies. So it may be beneficial for all parties if he is transferred, then again he may want to stay and see how it pans out.

Never forget your Roots.

bobby01

Personally I like Betts, I also like Rodak and think he will push Betts hard for the jersey. But for those of you who have not seen much of Rodak be forewarned he does prefer to punch that catch, but he is good at it.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Nero

Quote from: bobby01 on July 21, 2019, 12:21:51 PM
Personally I like Betts, I also like Rodak and think he will push Betts hard for the jersey. But for those of you who have not seen much of Rodak be forewarned he does prefer to punch that catch, but he is good at it.

I think it down to how vocal the keeper is at the moment they are all good keepers but with our defence, I think the thinking is we want someone to shout at them and help organize them and keep them on their toes

Twig

Genuine question; do you ever actually go to watch FFC?  I ask because, if you, did, you will have seen Fabri play and I would be very surprised were you still to make these embarrassingly bizarre assertions.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: SP on July 20, 2019, 07:39:38 PM
Thanks for the summary, sounds promising.  I've been worried about losing Joe B or Mitro but perhaps we should be worried about receiving an offer for AK...

Same here, I am to understand it is August 8th when the window closes, so 18 days left and counting.

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Twig on July 21, 2019, 01:04:29 PM

Don't worry Fabri shouldn't be hard to sell, Bielsa would buy Fabri and transfermarkt rates Fabri 10x the price of Rodak.

Genuine question; do you ever actually go to watch FFC?  I ask because, if you, did, you will have seen Fabri play and I would be very surprised were you still to make these embarrassingly bizarre assertions.

I haven't seen Fabri play since that horrific keeping run in July and August, but remember he wasn't the only player having a shocking run of bad form. Did you see Betts keeping in this last game, sorry that was pretty poor keeping too? Fabri has kept Champions League won awards and some of ours fans want a new keeper to replace Betts from outside the club when we have someone we can trial here that's bizarre.

Statto

Unfair to judge Fabri on such a short spell of games when he was new to the league and the whole back five were woeful. Betts is far from the complete keeper, even at Championship level. Personally I don't think you could put a fag paper between any of our three keepers at the moment. They all deserve to be considered for the starting XI.