watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who next?

Started by BernieBoy, July 21, 2019, 07:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BernieBoy

For all the grief Tony Khan has previously received, he's done some great business so far getting TC and Mitro to sign new deals and the additions of Cavaleiro and Knockaert. Let's hope there's still a few more he's working on!

Now it seems like we have our attacking options sorted, who would be your next signing?

I'd absolutely love to get Chambers back, but can't see that happening. Maybe next year depending on how he does this year for Arsenal and if we go back up.

If I could choose anyone (realistic transfer) I'd go Ayala from Boro, he's got great experience and one of the best centre backs in the championship these last few years.

Ordar

I'd like to know if Anguissa is going to stay or not. I feel like we could do with another body in midfield. Not sure KM is going to be up to it this year.

CB and RB are the other two areas. Unless SP like StSess at RB. We probably need some cover at LB aswell

The options up front and wide are amazing though

Statto

I will be astounded if Anguissa leaves. Reckon he'll stay and quickly develop into a far better DM than Chambers will ever be.

A RCB and for me, we are done.

Good to see TK learning from his mistakes and signing loanees with options to buy so that if we go up, we can have some continuity this time

ffc73

Quote from: Statto on July 21, 2019, 07:38:09 PM
I will be astounded if Anguissa leaves. Reckon he'll stay and quickly develop into a far better DM than Chambers will ever be.

Good to see TK learning from his mistakes and signing loanees with options to buy so that if we go up, we can have some continuity this time

:plus one:

AnOldBrownie

Axel Tuanzebe on loan from Manchester United.   And NOT with the option for purchase later.     If they get Harry Maguire (which appears to be going through for 80 million) and they have recently extended both Smalling and Jones (who won't start)...Tuanzebe needs playing time.   And they aren't going to send him to Villa imo.

I'd like to have the option to buy...but United have invested quite a bit into Tuanzebe.   Still...he played well against Fulham in their promotion year and he's had a year of growth under his belt.    He just played pretty well against Inter Milan in their friendly against United.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 21, 2019, 08:06:42 PM
Axel Tuanzebe on loan from Manchester United.   And NOT with the option for purchase later.     If they get Harry Maguire (which appears to be going through for 80 million) and they have recently extended both Smalling and Jones (who won't start)...Tuanzebe needs playing time.   And they aren't going to send him to Villa imo.

I'd like to have the option to buy...but United have invested quite a bit into Tuanzebe.   Still...he played well against Fulham in their promotion year and he's had a year of growth under his belt.    He just played pretty well against Inter Milan in their friendly against United.

Good shout, but I think he's too good to go out on loan.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

GJB

If I've read post-match reports correctly, it sounds like after these pre-season games, Ole has openly praised Tuanzebe and stated he'll have a place in the united first team soon. Seems like there's potential he may not even be sent on loan this season.

Tomori would be the cherry on the cake for me - strong RCB with decent pace and had a great season with Derby last year, so he's already proven in the championship.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on July 21, 2019, 08:10:17 PM

Good shout, but I think he's too good to go out on loan.

When is he going to play for United's first team?   What's the point of having him play on the U23s?

Lindeloff...starter...unless he moves on to bigger squad.
Maguire... starter...for next 4 years?
Smalling...bench
Jones...bench...just signed new extension
Bailly...bench
Rojo...bench

...Tuanzebe...at best he's the #4 CB that might get minutes in the Europa League.     Sure, United might be ok with that, but would Tuanzebe's agent be ok with that?

Look...United aren't going to keep 5 quality CBs.  They aren't.

Jem

"Who's Next". What a great album that is!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

GJB

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/axel-tuanzebe-man-utd-news-16619616

Post-match interview at the bottom of the article saying he's the future of their club. Smalling, Jones and Rojo are hardly in favour, so it's entirely possible that Tuanzebe is third choice behind Bailly and Lindelof. If Maguire arrives it could be a different story, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

irishfulham

You will be astounded if he stays but reckon he will ? 😂😂

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: GJB on July 21, 2019, 08:20:24 PM
https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/axel-tuanzebe-man-utd-news-16619616

Post-match interview at the bottom of the article saying he's the future of their club. Smalling, Jones and Rojo are hardly in favour, so it's entirely possible that Tuanzebe is third choice behind Bailly and Lindelof. If Maguire arrives it could be a different story, but that hasn't been confirmed yet.

If this doesn't happen, then I agree.   They won't let Tuanzebe go if Maguire doesn't come.   If he does...as much as I dislike Phil Jones, he has his backers within the United organization.  Smalling is simply better than Tuanzebe (for now).    Bailly is the wild card.  I don't think Oley rates him because of his injury history.

Tomori is a good shout as well, but isn't he even less likely to be available than Tuanzebe?

I really think the main reason we haven't brought in a CB is because...

1.  We still don't know what we're going to have with Mawson
2. Tony Khan has players he wants to loan, but he has to wait for player's team to decide what they are going to do with him.   Timothy Fosu Mensah was on Tony Khan's radar.   He played for United.    I'm pretty sure Tuanzebe is on his radar as well, and Axel has performed well in the championship already.

Statto

Quote from: irishfulham on July 21, 2019, 08:23:47 PM

Er, not sure you've read my post correctly. Perhaps re-read it and in the meantime, I will resist the temptation to make an Irish joke  :005:

GJB

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on July 21, 2019, 08:27:40 PM
Quote from: GJB on July 21, 2019, 08:20:24 PM

If this doesn't happen, then I agree.   They won't let Tuanzebe go if Maguire doesn't come.   If he does...as much as I dislike Phil Jones, he has his backers within the United organization.  Smalling is simply better than Tuanzebe (for now).    Bailly is the wild card.  I don't think Oley rates him because of his injury history.

Tomori is a good shout as well, but isn't he even less likely to be available than Tuanzebe?

I really think the main reason we haven't brought in a CB is because...

1.  We still don't know what we're going to have with Mawson
2. Tony Khan has players he wants to loan, but he has to wait for player's team to decide what they are going to do with him.   Timothy Fosu Mensah was on Tony Khan's radar.   He played for United.    I'm pretty sure Tuanzebe is on his radar as well, and Axel has performed well in the championship already.

I agree that Jones and Smalling may be more proven at that level, however, the gist I get from united fans is that they're tired of seeing the combination of Jones, Smalling and Young in their back 4 every season, largely because they're not good enough. Ole also looks to be increasingly trying to integrate younger players into the first team. So if Tuanzebe is good enough for the Prem now, I reckon Ole would keep him and look to play him more and more across this season until he's the finished package - that's just what i've understood from his post-match comments and i'd obviously welcome him with open arms if he does decide to come to Fulham!

Out of interest, is it articles you've seen to suggest Tuanzebe is on Khan's radar, or other sources?

With Tomori, I think Chelsea have a lot higher quality centre backs than United, in comparison, so it would be harder for him to break into the first team. But equally, Lampard could have other ideas given he managed him personally at Derby so has seen his development first hand.

AnOldBrownie

No sources as to what's on Khan's radar.

I wouldn't have thought Timothy Fosu Mensah was on his radar...but we ended up signing him...and I'm sure it had something to do with Timothy's pace (trying to get a replacement for Ryan Fredericks).

Fulham has actually played against Axel and he's done well against us.    I'd 'hope' that he's on Tony's radar.

I do know that Fulham's CB position needs to add youth to the likes of...

Tim Ream - 31
Dennis Odoi - 31
MLM - 29

Mawson is the young guy at 25 and he's the most likely to get injured.

Tomori or Tuanzebe would be nice young additions.

bobby01

:plus one: even though I love Odoi.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

One Martin Thomas

A RCB is enough for now and we can re-review in January! Agreed!

Mince n Tatties

irishfulham

[/quote]

Er, not sure you've read my post correctly. Perhaps re-read it and in the meantime, I will resist the temptation to make an Irish joke  :005:

Oops too many pints by me again 😂
[/quote]

..FOF..

Don't forget about keeping faith in Kamara. AK47 seems to be on his way to be a real asset based on our recent friendly.

I have to give credit when credit is due.... so far, mostly on paper, Tony have done well this time around.

It feels right maybe because Parker is able to sit down and work with Tony.... COYW!