watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, July 26, 2019, 11:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Interesting to see who are the second half subs for McDonald and Cairney tomorrow.

DevonFFC

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 26, 2019, 12:03:07 PM
Bettinelli

Sessegnon Mawson Le Marchand Bryan

Cairney McDonald Johansen

Knockaert Mitrovic Cavaleiro

Rodak, Christie, Odoi, Edun, de la Torre, O'Riley, Harris, Kebano, Ayite, Kamara, Fonte

That midfield will not be good enough, get over run and cost us along with the defence de

ChesterTheTabby

StefJo and Cairney are a powerful duo in midfield. How quickly many have forgotten how much of an energizer bunny StefJo is. He never quits - and yes - sometimes that means he makes silly fouls, but he is a true warrior.

Yes, KMac may be a bit slow for a full on promotion push and will need a starting replacement, but throwing KMac on in the 70th minute or so every other game to ensure a victory may be absolutely vital.

The trio still has it, mark my words, even if they may not last a full 90 together week in and week out.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

The Rational Fan

Quote from: DevonFFC on July 26, 2019, 09:58:18 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 26, 2019, 12:03:07 PM
Bettinelli

Sessegnon Mawson Le Marchand Bryan

Cairney McDonald Johansen

Knockaert Mitrovic Cavaleiro

Rodak, Christie, Odoi, Edun, de la Torre, O'Riley, Harris, Kebano, Ayite, Kamara, Fonte

That midfield will not be good enough, get over run and cost us along with the defence de

Don't see that midfield as a 90 minutes x 46 games midfield, and backup is Cisse.

Mince n Tatties

There a trialist....Ryan Porteous 19 centre back from Hibernian I'm told.
Don't know if he playing though?

filham

Quote from: mlangstrom on July 26, 2019, 06:40:54 PM
Quote from: Tabby on July 26, 2019, 12:45:20 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 26, 2019, 12:28:13 PM
Quote from: river phoenix on July 26, 2019, 12:19:20 PM

A DM (Besic) and a CB (Hector) and we are set.

We'll need another CM to cover for Anguissa's departure, but I agree.

I think Onomah will be arriving as a part-payment for Ryan which would be another CM. I'm not sure how good he'd be, but Parker has spoken highly of him before so he may be a favourite of his.

Makes sense if Anguissa is leaving. Onomah and Besic would fill the CM squad
Right we have identified the need and provided the solution time now for TC to give Parker a blank cheque and for him to persuade the players to move to the Cottage.

Riversider

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 27, 2019, 07:16:29 AM

He only returned to training last week after being out injured since suffering a bad knee injury last January,  where have you read that he is coming to us on trial ?
He has literally missed all of pre season.

MrFFC

Quote from: bobby01 on July 26, 2019, 06:45:32 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on July 26, 2019, 12:43:18 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt get excited about the cairney McDonald and steff trio anymore

I am with you Ben, two years on I don't think this is a top class midfield trio anymore.

Football is all about partnerships they work hard for each other they will be a success again this season
Come on you Whites!! :)

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Riversider on July 27, 2019, 11:34:40 AM

He only returned to training last week after being out injured since suffering a bad knee injury last January,  where have you read that he is coming to us on trial ?

From the Express.
He want be playing today then,if what you say is correct...Highly thought of apparently.

Riversider

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on July 27, 2019, 12:09:25 PM

From the Express.
He want be playing today then,if what you say is correct...Highly thought of apparently.

👍🏻

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Riversider on July 27, 2019, 01:34:38 PM

From the Express.

👍🏻

I think the trio needs a Norwood more than ever to cover Stefjo and KMac, we lost a massive number of points with Cairney not on the field in 17/18 so we need cover for him too. KMac doesn't look like he can do 270 minutes in 8 day for 10 times this season.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on July 28, 2019, 05:58:39 AM
Quote from: Riversider on July 27, 2019, 01:34:38 PM

From the Express.

👍🏻

I think the trio needs a Norwood more than ever to cover Stefjo and KMac, we lost a massive number of points with Cairney not on the field in 17/18 so we need cover for him too. KMac doesn't look like he can do 270 minutes in 8 day for 10 times this season.

You make an interesting point about Oliver Norwood, and I wish we had kept him, as he was a players player, and the right sort of character to have in a relegation battle, instead of some of the motley crew we were lumbered with to watch all of last season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.