watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team For Tomorrow

Started by filham, July 26, 2019, 11:54:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Well Cairney and Mitro are still with us and we have on a season's loan two exciting new attacking players. What will our line up be for the final pre season friendly against the Hammers.

Betts
                                   Odoi          Mawson               Le Marchand           Bryan

McDonald
                                                     Cairney                          Johansen
                                   Knockaert                                                      Cavaliero
                                                                       Mitrovic

Looks pretty good but I think Sess. and Anguissa will be conspicuous by their absents.
For these concerned about our defence only the experienced Odoi remains from the back four when we were last in the championship.

Facts Not Fiction

Bettinelli

Sessegnon Mawson Le Marchand Bryan

Cairney McDonald Johansen

Knockaert Mitrovic Cavaleiro

Rodak, Christie, Odoi, Edun, de la Torre, O'Riley, Harris, Kebano, Ayite, Kamara, Fonte

Fulham76

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 26, 2019, 12:03:07 PM
Bettinelli

Rodak, Christie, Odoi, Edun, de la Torre, O'Riley, Harris, Kebano, Ayite, Kamara, Fonte

Looks a decent team going into the new season.

river phoenix

Quote from: Fulham76 on July 26, 2019, 12:06:24 PM
Bettinelli

A DM (Besic) and a CB (Hector) and we are set.

Tabby

If we look at the Oxford game as a guide I think it'll be:
           Bettinelli
Sess Mawson MLM Bryan
        Kmac/O'Riley
    Cairney Johansen
Cavailero    Knockaert/other winger
            Mitro

Odoi, Ayite and Christie got to play the full game, so I doubt they'll be starters.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: river phoenix on July 26, 2019, 12:19:20 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on July 26, 2019, 12:06:24 PM
Bettinelli

We'll need another CM to cover for Anguissa's departure, but I agree.

Number Six

Knockaert and Cav on wings to start, then Kamara off bench final 20 minutes for some wrecking ball action.

Ordar

We really need a new starting DM

Fernhurst

A DM (Besic) and a CB (Hector) and we are set

Thoroughly agree that would my evaluation of what's critically needed before Christmas.

If we are five points clear we then have to dig deep (for they would surely be expensive) and invest in some more Premiership class in readiness.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Number Six

I think it's clear our priorities are currently RB.

Right back is so glaring it needs to be rectified as soon as possible. It's been obvious since Fredericks left.

CB we have a fair few options at this level but we lack a Premiership CB should we go up to partner Mawson.

DM Macdonald will plug the gap just fine this season I'm sure. I don't see Anguissa as a stand alone DM based on last season's evidence but as more of an attacking midfielder in a similar mould to Yaya Toure who is yet to realise it himself! So, would stand to reason that we do need a new DM for a return to the Prem. I would have forked out £25m for Chambers personally as think he's got that much potential, English so will hold his value, and really balances our team out. He's still on the bench for Arsenal..?

fulhamben

Am I the only one who doesnt get excited about the cairney McDonald and steff trio anymore
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Tabby

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 26, 2019, 12:28:13 PM

I think Onomah will be arriving as a part-payment for Ryan which would be another CM. I'm not sure how good he'd be, but Parker has spoken highly of him before so he may be a favourite of his.

Chutney

Quote from: filham on July 26, 2019, 11:54:37 AM
Well Cairney and Mitro are still with us and we have on a season's loan two exciting new attacking players. What will our line up be for the final pre season friendly against the Hammers.

Betts

McDonald
                                                                       Mitrovic

Looks pretty good but I think Sess. and Anguissa will be conspicuous by their absents.
For these concerned about our defence only the experienced Odoi remains from the back four when we were last in the championship.

This is great but Mawson really struggles at RCB
C O Y W

Tabby

Quote from: fulhamben on July 26, 2019, 12:43:18 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt get excited about the cairney McDonald and steff trio anymore

I don't think Kmac has the legs anymore. Has looked off the pace whenever I've seen him since the promotion season. Maybe a good preseason can get him fitter, but I'm not very hopeful.

Johansen did well enough at West Brom last year so I think he'll be fine.

Maidstone Lee

Quote from: Chutney on July 26, 2019, 12:46:07 PM

Betts

McDonald
                                                                       Mitrovic

I thought this too about Mawson but he played really well there against Brighton.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

filham

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on July 26, 2019, 03:50:24 PM
Quote from: Chutney on July 26, 2019, 12:46:07 PM

Betts

McDonald
                                                                       Mitrovic

I thought this too about Mawson but he played really well there against Brighton.

Mawson has had a full pre season, lets hope he can now keep clear of injury and improve by the game to become the strong central defender we have been seeking. He could just become one of the keys to a successful season, lets get behind him.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

MacDonald is two years older and slower than in our promotion season. He is only good enough for his experience on the bench.

filham

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on July 26, 2019, 06:29:15 PM
MacDonald is two years older and slower than in our promotion season. He is only good enough for his experience on the bench.
If Anguissa is leaving then I imagine Parker has recognised that a replacement or back up for McDonald is a priority.

We Are Premier League

Quote from: Tabby on July 26, 2019, 12:45:20 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on July 26, 2019, 12:28:13 PM

I think Onomah will be arriving as a part-payment for Ryan which would be another CM. I'm not sure how good he'd be, but Parker has spoken highly of him before so he may be a favourite of his.

Makes sense if Anguissa is leaving. Onomah and Besic would fill the CM squad

bobby01

Quote from: fulhamben on July 26, 2019, 12:43:18 PM

I am with you Ben, two years on I don't think this is a top class midfield trio anymore.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.