News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham will allow Sess to run down his contract.

Started by Andy S, July 30, 2019, 12:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy S

If Fulham allow Sess to run down his contract until the end of the season will his development stop. As seems possible Fulham will allow Sess to walk at the end of the season. Get no compensation as spurs won't pay for him. Should spurs pay a reasonable fee and loan him back to us now

Roberty

Quote from: Andy S on July 30, 2019, 12:46:37 AM
If Fulham allow Sess to run down his contract until the end of the season will his development stop. As seems possible Fulham will allow Sess to walk at the end of the season. Get no compensation as spurs won't pay for him. Should spurs pay a reasonable fee and loan him back to us now

NOT TRUE - we will get development payment, which will not be £20m plus - but a club cannot sign him for zero cost

What he is free to do is negotiate a contract with the club of his own choice
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Hatch007

Danny Rose has been recalled to Spurs' first team squad which suggests Levy has given up hope of signing Ryan in this window.

If, as it appears from the outside, TK has refused to accept an offer from Levy below his valuation and instead opted to keep Ryan for our promotion push before losing him cheaply next summer, that's one helluva financial sacrifice by his father.

What a refreshing change from past owners who sold off our best players.

With Onoma spotted at the Cottage on Saturday it remains to be seen whether Levy would let him leave for Fulham, either permanently or on loan, in a stand-alone deal or whether he was only ever a makeweight in part of the deal to take a Ryan to North London.

Roberty

You can add that to the cost of the Riverside Stand and the new Motspur Park development

I can remember it being suggested on here that Shadid Khan was an asset stripper who was going to sell us down the river or use the club grounds as a base for when he brings the Jags to London

I've not seen any apologies - especially from the many who said that they would not believe the new stand would be built until they had seen a spade go into the ground
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

toshes mate

I rather doubt that FFC have received a bid for the young guy, as distinct from a few enquiries, and so this whole thread may prove to be a bit nonsensical.  And if there is a lot of frantic trading on the last day of the window then the thread will prove whimsical.

SG

I have owned up and eaten humble pie on the stand, although admittedly didn't eat my hat. However the Chairman has foisted his inexperienced son on us and placed him in one of the most crucial positions in the club. This decision has cost him millions in wasted transfer fees and cost us many hours of angst seeing players brought in who we didn't need and a failure to bring in players we do need.
Happy to give credit for the stand but that needs to be balanced with the overall poor (being charitable) transfer policy

Skatzoffc

Imo, Levy will get Ryan on deadline day for peanuts.

We are a joke club when it comes to negotiations.

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

hovewhite

Quote from: SG on July 30, 2019, 07:25:00 AM
I have owned up and eaten humble pie on the stand, although admittedly didn't eat my hat. However the Chairman has foisted his inexperienced son on us and placed him in one of the most crucial positions in the club. This decision has cost him millions in wasted transfer fees and cost us many hours of angst seeing players brought in who we didn't need and a failure to bring in players we do need.
Happy to give credit for the stand but that needs to be balanced with the overall poor (being charitable) transfer policy
TK equally as damaging in my view!

Hatch007

There's a great deal more regular posters that owe SK an apology for doubting his commitment to the new Riverside Stand.

Can't argue with criticism of the historic recruitment policy. And I'm very concerned and disappointed we are yet again leaving it late to reinforce defence and midfield with no more pre-season friendlies left to bed in new players.

Without being behind the scenes and privy to on-going negotiations it's difficult to evaluate fully the efforts being made to address the current short comings of the squad.

The signings of AK and IC at least appear to demonstrate an appreciation of the importance to sign players that don't need time to adapt to the rigours of the EFL so one can only hope the same policy will be applied to defensive and midfield recruits 🤞

COYW

toshes mate

Quote from: Hatch007 on July 30, 2019, 07:37:15 AM
There's a great deal more regular posters that owe SK an apology for doubting his commitment to the new Riverside Stand.

Can't argue with criticism of the historic recruitment policy. And I'm very concerned and disappointed we are yet again leaving it late to reinforce defence and midfield with no more pre-season friendlies left to bed in new players.

Without being behind the scenes and privy to on-going negotiations it's difficult to evaluate fully the efforts being made to address the current short comings of the squad.

The signings of AK and IC at least appear to demonstrate an appreciation of the importance to sign players that don't need time to adapt to the rigours of the EFL so one can only hope the same policy will be applied to defensive and midfield recruits 🤞

COYW
That is frankly illogical.  Both MAF and the Khans have desired to improve the stadium by replacing the Riverside and other developments.  They have done this as a plan to move the Club towards sustainability i.e. less of a loss making business.  The length of time taken has suggested many things to me and most of them are concerned with the many permissions required to start work post planning approval for what is an elaborate engineering feat when it involves keeping the Club at the ground for the duration.  The fact that any one of those permissions could have prevented the project getting off the ground, so to speak, is a factor out of anyone's control.  I would imagine SK was relieved to get it started.

bobby01

So many threads hijacked by perceived Khan haters/lovers.

How does a thread about Fulham allowing Ryan's contract to run down, which I also think is likely, turn into a thread about demanding apologies to Khan over the building of the Riverside.

Beggars belief that posters have their agendas and hijack threads to repeat the same old same old.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Twig

Quote from: bobby01 on July 30, 2019, 09:42:49 AM
So many threads hijacked by perceived Khan haters/lovers.

How does a thread about Fulham allowing Ryan's contract to run down, which I also think is likely, turn into a thread about demanding apologies to Khan over the building of the Riverside.

Beggars belief that posters have their agendas and hijack threads to repeat the same old same old.

:plus one:

Statto

Quote from: Hatch007 on July 30, 2019, 07:37:15 AM

Let's see if it actually gets finished  :hook: 086.gif

Nero

Quote from: Skatzoffc on July 30, 2019, 07:30:29 AM
Imo, Levy will get Ryan on deadline day for peanuts.

We are a joke club when it comes to negotiations.

So we wont bend over to Levy and that makes the club a joke, we have signed 2 proven championship wingers on loan instead of spending 25m and the club cant negotiate.

Some people always like to look for the negatives 

St Eve

I will be very happy if Sess stays and if we go up who knows

TXWhite

Feels like a negotiating strategy from us. If we act beholden to Spurs, they're much less likely to offer appropriate price. If we act as though we are willing to run down contract (and Sess can join a European club, who wouldn't have to pay a tribunal and could therefore pay him buckets), it may force Levy's  hand somewhat. I may be wrong, but there seems to be more to this than "it's off."

Nero

Quote from: TXWhite on July 30, 2019, 01:39:45 PM
Feels like a negotiating strategy from us. If we act beholden to Spurs, they're much less likely to offer appropriate price. If we act as though we are willing to run down contract (and Sess can join a European club, who wouldn't have to pay a tribunal and could therefore pay him buckets), it may force Levy's  hand somewhat. I may be wrong, but there seems to be more to this than "it's off."

Sounds like Brexit

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Roberty on July 30, 2019, 04:08:11 AM
Quote from: Andy S on July 30, 2019, 12:46:37 AM

NOT TRUE - we will get development payment, which will not be £20m plus - but a club cannot sign him for zero cost

What he is free to do is negotiate a contract with the club of his own choice

Unless he goes overseas, sort of - the fee would be marginal to none comparatively.

If Sess can help us go up, then losing out on £20m odd for him, compared to the TV money in the PL, is definitely worth it. And there's always a chance he signs with us again if we're PL and learning from our lessons (slim, of course!).

TXWhite

Quote from: Nero on July 30, 2019, 01:43:56 PM
Quote from: TXWhite on July 30, 2019, 01:39:45 PM

Sounds like Brexit

Was thinking the same thing as I typed it! We're not exactly in a strong negotiating position.

Ruleszz

He would be a bench player wont he? He wont get ahead of cav or knock