watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Well Here We Go Again.....Leaky Leaky

Started by WindyCity, August 03, 2019, 03:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

It is not just our defence, we can't put chances away.

I think Mitro, Mac etc are done. Slow, lost their legs.

the nutflush

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 03, 2019, 04:41:07 PM
Quote from: theofulham on August 03, 2019, 04:40:02 PM
Knockaert the silver lining here

Not only looks class but amazing work ethic.

Should not spend a minute on the bench for the rest of the season. The only highlight for me.

WindyCity

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2019, 04:03:34 PM
One reporter saying the problem with Fulham is their too cocky,underestimate opposition.

Well, if that's true, and, of course that's a Big IF, then that's quite an indictment of the players and coach.  I doubt it, let's at least hope that's not the case.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: David I on August 03, 2019, 04:52:01 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2019, 04:03:34 PM
One reporter saying the problem with Fulham is their too cocky,underestimate opposition.
Like most on here who assumed we would stroll automatic promotion!!?
I know I know it's only one game but the writing was on the wall it keeping a clean sheet preseason,  the same leaky defence!

It's a reality check, and o have to say I don't know how anyone thought this League would be easy with the players we have. It's a typical Fulham away Result, and  a typical Fulham away performance at the start of a season. No goals no clean sheet No sign of a new dawn, now where do we go from here, because it may only the first game but the writing had been on the wall for a considerable length of time. We need new additions otherwise it's going to a long season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Hatch007

Quote from: Robbie on August 03, 2019, 05:02:03 PM
It is not just our defence, we can't put chances away.

I think Mitro, Mac etc are done. Slow, lost their legs.

Replace Mitro? OMG that's the most ridiculous comment I've read in ages. Legs gone? When was Mitro ever quick?

Seriously ...

filham

Oh dear, think about the lack of goals pre season and it can be seen that we are facing a goal drought.
Imagine leaving the Cottage next Saturday after a dull game with Blackburn and coming away without scoring.
Well we thought we had the attacking players but it begins to look as if there is extra work to be done somewhere if we are to get goals.

bigalffc

Well, that was poor! We desperately need a "Calum Chambers" and a real right sided centre back at the very least. Not happy.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

grandad

Not since Hangeland & Hughes have we had a decent pair of CB´s. How many years have we not addressed the problem? McDonald & Johansen have had it. Forget 2 seasons ago. They need replacing now. Too slow  & not sure if they are good enough for a bench spot. Mitro was starved of any decent service.Cairney can´t do it all on his own.

TK had all window to sort out our defence & MF & so far has done nothing. I will give him the rest of the window but if he has done nothing God help him from this Forum.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fernhurst

Must admit was impressed with them as much as I was disappointed with us. Knew how to tackle and nick the ball and so fast at developing the move as soon as they gained possession. Bit more steadiness in final third and they could really have been well ahead.
It seemed they were a few games in front of us in terms of fitness, but maybe that was highlighted by the abject performance of our holy trinity.
Lots to work on and a real eye opener
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

SuffolkWhite

Good wake up call on the first day of the season. Listening to GJ they deserved everything they got today.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

WindyCity

Quote from: Fernhurst on August 03, 2019, 06:48:12 PM

Lots to work on and a real eye opener

Yep, lots to work on.  Still can't figure the oddsmakers having FFC top two this season.  A majority on this site questioned that early on.  This looks like a challenging season, and not just from the defensive side, which is a glaring weakness, but also the offense, which seems inept so far, this one game and the pre-season.

COYW!!!