Main Menu

PARKER OUT!

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, August 03, 2019, 03:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 03, 2019, 05:04:00 PM
Quote from: Penfold on August 03, 2019, 05:02:53 PM
Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 03, 2019, 05:00:24 PM
That was not Tony Khans fault. That was not the players fault. Today was all on Parker.

We all know the defence is suspect. What has Tony achieved in rectifying that?

The defence wasn't the issue today. It was that we created nothing, and Kamara was left on the pitch for 90 minutes.

He had a bad game but blaming SP and Kamara in a game which saw our midfield barely dominate the game is a bit silly.

Robbie

When will people learn, poor Premier League players are not necessarily good Championship players.

Indeed you are better off buying younger players from League One.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: FFC1987 on August 03, 2019, 05:04:40 PM
That was not Tony Khans fault. That was not the players fault. Today was all on Parker.

The defence wasn't the issue today. It was that we created nothing, and Kamara was left on the pitch for 90 minutes.

He had a bad game but blaming SP and Kamara in a game which saw our midfield barely dominate the game is a bit silly.

He took Johansen off so we only had Cairney and McDonald for 30 minutes. WTF was that all about?

AnOldBrownie

Ok.  Your agenda is coming through. 

With less than 19 healthy first team players, Ream not available... no midfield replacement for Anguissa...  how exactly is Scott Parker suppose to make MacDonald, Odoi, MLM and Christie better players?

There is a reason Scott wants to keep Ryan Sess.   

river phoenix

To start a donky like Kamara over Knockaert was just shocking.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 03, 2019, 05:06:00 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on August 03, 2019, 05:04:40 PM

He took Johansen off so we only had Cairney and McDonald for 30 minutes. WTF was that all about?

That was our best spell tbf. Should've scored. Stefjo looked invisible. McDonald too.

FFCsince64

Parker can only work with the players he is provided.  Subtracting Ryan Sessengnon, Anguissa and Tim Ream left very little real talent on the pitch.  Joe Bryan was decent and Kamara lent a spark, but cannot find the goal.  Would have been a very different game if Mitro had not missed some early shots on goal.

Lighthouse

Barnsley aren't very good. They managed to bully and push us and pressurise us in the final third. We on the other hand didn't put any pressure on them and despite having the better players, yes we have, we didn't look as if we had a game plan beyond the play it out from the back....or panic and kick it long.

On saying that we looked good for the first five minutes of the game. I love the blame culture has already started against owners and manager and players.

The days when we could support a side without wanting to find scapegoats. Poor first game but then some of us expected nothing else.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

AnOldBrownie

Hey, Cardiff lost too.   With a much fuller squad than Fulham has.  Maybe they should fire their manager too?

Sting of the North

Quote from: river phoenix on August 03, 2019, 05:06:59 PM
Starting donky like Kamara over Knockaert was just shocking.

In my opinion Kamara, hit and miss that he is, was way better than both Mitro and Ivan today (albeit they were both practically useless). At least he put himself about and actually created a few things.

Sting of the North

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 03, 2019, 05:08:38 PM
Barnsley aren't very good. They managed to bully and push us and pressurise us in the final third. We on the other hand didn't put any pressure on them and despite having the better players, yes we have, we didn't look as if we had a game plan beyond the play it out from the back....or panic and kick it long.

On saying that we looked good for the first five minutes of the game. I love the blame culture has already started against owners and manager and players.

The days when we could support a side without wanting to find scapegoats. Poor first game but then some of us expected nothing else.

:plus one: Finally a sensible comment on here.

JoelH5

Parker can only play what we have. TK should be absolutely ashamed. Nothing building in front of the defence and nothing at the back. Well done mate
I was there, standing in the Putney end

FFC1987

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 03, 2019, 05:08:49 PM

In my opinion Kamara, hit and miss that he is, was way better than both Mitro and Ivan today (albeit they were both practically useless). At least he put himself about and actually created a few things.

Have to agree. Mitro looked well off the pace and Cavaleiro anonymous. Frustrating as Knockaert showed real class on arrival.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Sting of the North on August 03, 2019, 05:08:49 PM

Agreed.

I thought Knock, Joe and AK47 did what I expected them to do.   It's the rest of the squad that I thought were shite.

I don't expect AK47 to all of a sudden be clinical.   He's not.    I expect Joe to give a 7 performance offensively and defensively...he did.   I expect Knock to be better than the FB guarding him...he was.

Hey guys.   Here's the thing.

Mitro may need Ryan Sessegnon more than you guys realize.   And I'd bet money Scott Parker realizes it as well.

filham

If we fail to score again it really is time to blame other areas than the defence.

filham

Anyone getting a bit worried about Mitro, not scoring at the moment is he.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: filham on August 03, 2019, 05:18:49 PM

He had no service.

JoelH5

Quote from: filham on August 03, 2019, 05:18:49 PM

There is no defensive midfield. Acres of space in front of the defence. No one to build from there and therefore he's getting no service. love knows why he stayed
I was there, standing in the Putney end

BigbadBillyMcKinley

You have to laugh really. All the people on this board that were saying StefJo, KMac and Cairney will be enough, and defence is where we need to concentrate etc etc etc.
Now it's the midfields fault.....😂😂😂
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

7787fulham

What's more concerning is the games like today when mitro struggles his replacement is Fonte who is national League standard at best.