watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

PARKER OUT!

Started by BigbadBillyMcKinley, August 03, 2019, 03:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Must be fascinating watching clubs go up and then come down so quickly like we have and seeing us from going undefeated for half a season to looking as clueless as we did today.

I love Aboubakar for a lot of reasons, he's powerful, runs like a lightening bolt at times and that enthusiasm can make a huge difference - but let's be serious. He's not good enough to play football at this level. He was all over the place, losing the ball, losing his man - no discipline.

Sadly though, the most damning element to this season could be where does it all go wrong. We've arguably - minus our two full backs - got the exact same team that dominated this league - so what's the issue? Not fit enough? Not coherent enough? Not enough fight? Not enough direction? Does that responsibility lie with Parker? It's too early to say - Slavisa only ever turned things around for us normally mid-way through the season and we mustn't forget although he did and we got promoted, it required a herculean effort. Obviously if we don't at least stay in and around the top six on the pitch it'll be parker's man management that fails us - but as much as that may be the case - the same bloody mistakes are constantly made by the sociopathic and insincere Tony Khan. How, if you genuinely care, can we be back to square one?

We constantly seem to be handicapping ourselves - if it's not the manager, it's the defence, if it's not permanent transfers then it's loans, I'm genuinely fed up of having to watch the same overhyped crap come up over and over again and the same mistakes in leaving things late in the transfer market, not addressing key needs, throwing money at the problem and not making sustainable decisions.

I'm not calling for Parker's head - that's abusrd this early on - but the same trends are already starting to appear again after pre season and our first game. We should've dominated Barnsley today - no disrespect and with the players we have available should do. I loathe seeing this club being soo poorly run. Whatever happened to owners like Mohammed al Fayed who got us into the league, invested sensibly and wisely and kept us in the one league. I know we were all frustrated at times with our transfer windows under Al Fayed being at times too restricted, but we've gone from at least some stability to the complete and utter extreme and it's doing my head in.

Mince n Tatties

Biggest disappointment for me today was Cavaleiro,I can see why Wolves let him out on loan.
Wants to look for the ball a bit more instead of sleeping.

Andy S

Bring back Jean Tigana. It is far too early to judge players or managers

Woolly Mammoth

I agree it's too early to judge the manager, as for the players, it's not too early,  too many of them do not apply themselves well enough, but what did you expect, poor preseason build up and lack of additional players leads to a poor League start, they generally go together. If the owners son can drag himself away from his computer and other activities, and get some reinforcements, we could be in for another difficult season.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

FFC1987

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on August 03, 2019, 05:33:06 PM
You have to laugh really. All the people on this board that were saying StefJo, KMac and Cairney will be enough, and defence is where we need to concentrate etc etc etc.
Now it's the midfields fault.....😂😂😂

To be fair, at the time, we had Anguissa which would of made a significant difference today.

hovewhite

It's the 1st game still 45 to go,moving on Zambo I think was a cock up by TK.Think we will give Cisse a run in the team as more mobile than Kev Mac as for Stefan he may not have the same motivation as 2 years ago .

MikeW

If I were Scott I'd man up a bit and be banging on TK's door on Monday morning with the list of defenders and midfielders who are available, willing and able to fight the cause.  Of course this is all too late - should have been done in June but a few hardened pro's being well paid will be what is needed to turn it around.  Scott is seemingly not very charismatic and he really needs to up this part of his game.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

cottage expat

Quote from: Ordar on August 03, 2019, 05:01:03 PM
Team looked disorganised, slow and lost today.

Totally disorganized. Looked as if they hadn't a clue and when they did get the ball, unable to hold onto it. A dire performance all round. Let's hope it serves as a wakeup call to TK and the players !

fulhamben

Quote from: Andy S on August 03, 2019, 06:07:18 PM
Bring back Jean Tigana. It is far too early to judge players or managers
normally I'd agree, but ten of our starting 11 have been playing with each other for a year now.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: hovewhite on August 03, 2019, 07:22:47 PM
It's the 1st game still 45 to go,moving on Zambo I think was a cock up by TK.Think we will give Cisse a run in the team as more mobile than Kev Mac as for Stefan he may not have the same motivation as 2 years ago .

I had almost forgot about Cisse, he certainly couldn't do any worse. I haven't seen much of him, as he has had few chances, but what I have seen he deserves a chance in the absence of anyone else.

Never forget your Roots.

fulhamben

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 03, 2019, 08:08:21 PM

I had almost forgot about Cisse, he certainly couldn't do any worse. I haven't seen much of him, as he has had few chances, but what I have seen he deserves a chance in the absence of anyone else.
pretty solid player, I've never seen him have a bad game.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Mince n Tatties

The whole team were a bunch of cissies today.
Gutless performance, just like last season,no bloody passion at all.

General

Stefjo can't really be blamed. You lose enthusiasm when you've played so well for a team, get them promoted and then get replaced, shipped off back down a division and then expected to do the same again with the same enthusiasm - it was a balls up by the club and tk in particular to disrupt the unity of that team so much. Yes we needed reinforcements but we lost the family and team spirit.

LittleErn

Not seen any of the game but it sounds like the pre-season form. SP might be a good coach but his interviews show no drive or passion. He hardly looks upset!

bobbo

Quote from: river phoenix on August 03, 2019, 05:06:59 PM
To start a donky like Kamara over Knockaert was just shocking.
agree wholehearedly
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 03, 2019, 05:59:08 PM
Biggest disappointment for me today was Cavaleiro,I can see why Wolves let him out on loan.

They offloaded him because they felt he was surplus to requirements, he was not needed and so far I can see why. Not the sort of bloke who is going to run through a brick wall for the cause, and we already have enough of them. The first match and there is a clear lack of appetite hunger and desire, not forgetting passion from some players, and that should not be the case.

Never forget your Roots.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 03, 2019, 09:55:08 PM

They offloaded him because they felt he was surplus to requirements, he was not needed and so far I can see why. Not the sort of bloke who is going to run through a brick wall for the cause, and we already have enough of them. The first match and there is a clear lack of appetite hunger and desire, not forgetting passion from some players, and that should not be the case.

You make that assessment of Cavaleiro after 1 game.

Wolves offloaded him because they are a top PL team now, with a new system that doesn't suit Cavaleiro.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 03, 2019, 10:16:50 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on August 03, 2019, 09:55:08 PM

You make that assessment of Cavaleiro after 1 game.

Wolves offloaded him because they are a top PL team now, with a new system that doesn't suit Cavaleiro.

No I made that assessment before he joined us.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Changing the manager will not alter or solve the problem as was shown last year.

Never forget your Roots.

hovewhite

Change manager after every defeat don't give the shad that idea.
Is Cisse back yet?if he is he needs to be included to see what he offers.