Bettinelli out

Started by Facts Not Fiction, August 03, 2019, 05:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

rvFFC

I've never really rated Betts as much as many seem to rate him

Andy S

Ordar

I don't know what anyone sees in him. I've never rated him, not even during the promotion campaign. People massively over rate anyone that comes through the academy.

Russianrob

An excellent first class goal keeper and a great servant to Fulham.

JimmyConway

Said it a few times on here only to hear his more than good enough at this level?
Has to many weaknesses as a goal keeper to ever be more than average.

PRODAJEE

Bring back Fabri, all is forgiven

Nero

Let's get rid and get Etheridge back. Oh scrap that he let in 3. Gooon Betts

Deeping_white

Quote from: Russianrob on August 03, 2019, 05:44:00 PM

Excellent?? He's got awful distribution and seems to be highly rated because he makes a Hollywood save on occasion

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Russianrob on August 03, 2019, 05:44:00 PM

Who couldn't even boot the ball past the half way line, then gets beaten at his near post.

filham

Well conceding a single goal away from home is pretty good, keep that rate up for the season and we will all be more than pleased.
The pressure at the moment needs to be on the midfield and attack, the predicted goal glut is not happening.

Deeping_white

One thing I would say, first game of the season last year, Fabri conceded at his near post against an unstoppable strike and half the people on here wanted to lynch him, yet Betts conceded to a pea roller and seemingly gets away with it?

FFC1987

Quote from: Deeping_white on August 03, 2019, 06:47:17 PM
One thing I would say, first game of the season last year, Fabri conceded at his near post against an unstoppable strike and half the people on here wanted to lynch him, yet Betts conceded to a pea roller and seemingly gets away with it?

It wasn't just that with Fabri though was it. We never really looked comfortable with him but, with hindsight, no one was so......

Fulham1959

So it's the commentator's favourite cliché - 'near post'.  I don't see any blame for Betts for today's goal.

Asotosyios

Quote from: Fulham1959 on August 03, 2019, 07:29:16 PM
So it's the commentator's favourite cliché - 'near post'.  I don't see any blame for Betts for today's goal.

Maybe not Betts' fault, but it was a soft goal to concede. Compare it with the bashing that Fabri got after "letting in" Schoop's goal against Palace last year and you will see Deeping White's point.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Asotosyios on August 03, 2019, 08:39:08 PM

Maybe not Betts' fault, but it was a soft goal to concede. Compare it with the bashing that Fabri got after "letting in" Schoop's goal against Palace last year and you will see Deeping White's point.

Guys, the shot was deflected past him by Mawson. I'm no Betts fan in general, but the goal today was not his fault in the slightest.

Facts Not Fiction

Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 03, 2019, 08:57:21 PM

Guys, the shot was deflected past him by Mawson. I'm no Betts fan in general, but the goal today was not his fault in the slightest.

It all started from his awful goal kick.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on August 03, 2019, 08:59:09 PM
Quote from: Denver Fulham on August 03, 2019, 08:57:21 PM

It all started from his awful goal kick.

I mean, we can go there ... but then I can argue that Le Marchand shouldn't have maimed himself trying to head a ball, leaving us a CB shy in transition, and Joe Bryan shouldn't have missed a tackle in open space, and Mawson should have been half a step quicker to close the shot down, and ...

But fine, I'll amend: Betts was beaten by a deflected shot.

Woolly Mammoth

Betts is the least of our worries, he is no more to blame for this defeat than anyone else. He is good enough to play for Fulham. I am more concerned as to how our midfield were so easily over run and therefore, leaving our back four exposed.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Danny Murphy....What I saw of my old side last season,carried on to today....Side lacks passion.
True words indeed.😠