watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic form

Started by Facts Not Fiction, August 04, 2019, 08:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

During Parker's reign, Mitrovic has scored 1 goal in 10 games. It's not like his missing sitters every game, he isn't being provided the service he needs.

Under Jokanovic, the full backs provided width, and the wingers would help support Mitrovic down the middle. Recently, the wingers have been hugging the touch line, along with the full backs. Cairney isn't advanced enough to help Mitro, and hence he is completely isolated.

This is why Parker needs to change his style fast.

Robbie

Mitro has looked way off the pace for 20 matches.
He is a good half a stone over weight.
More ominously he and his family are now happy here - code for "I have a nice contract and a pretty cushy number, I will see out my career here".

toshes mate

In the interim Mitro has scored goals for Serbia and so I guess the problem is the set up of this team.  The problem as I see it is the lack of cohesion between players in the side, a fact of perhaps playing a midfield that hasn't really played together competitively for at least a year and flanks made up of unknown partnerships.  Parker has a lot of work to do.

grandad

Yesterday was the same as all last season. Because of our poor MF Mitro is being starved of service & cuts a lone figure up front. He has no one close to him to lay off to. It really needs a 4-4-2 to get the best out of him. 4-3-3 leaves him alone against 2 CB´s.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Finnans Right Peg

While mitro is certainly off form and is not as fit as he should be .I would  never accuse him of just sitting on his contract and not working for the team.

I feel he is very isolated  up front  with fullback and wingers wingers who couldn't cross the road never mind a ball

Fernhurst

Lucky (?) to get a stream and watch the entire match.

Robbie has a point, and as I watched I thought there did seem to be a certain amount of "feather bedding" being shown by the holy trinity midfield trio and Mitro. All have got new contracts and wish to stay away from the hurly burly and play the kind of nice stuff they play in training. Mitro was absolutely champing at the bit when he arrived at Fulham, where has that hunger gone. The Barnsley boys had no such airs and graces, tackling and working as if there lives depended on getting the ball.
Do our very highly paid stars have that inner strength and dedication to do what it takes to win games?

Not panicking but already playing catch up, do hope we can discover a " dogs of war" instinct and Parker has them running next week to demonstrate that performance is simply not good enough. 
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

DevonFFC

We don't even have a strike to sub on or apply pressure to him.

filham

Something seems to have gone missing with Mitrovic but a couple of good goals would make all the difference.
Mitrovic is being closely marked and could do with more space, is a 4-4-2 set up worth considering with Kamara up top alongside Mitrovic.

DevonFFC

Quote from: filham on August 04, 2019, 11:42:31 AM
Something seems to have gone missing with Mitrovic but a couple of good goals would make all the difference.
Mitrovic is being closely marked and could do with more space, is a 4-4-2 set up worth considering with Kamara up top alongside Mitrovic.
[/q
No kamara is not the answer, the guy is poor and somehow makes a living playing football. He has pace and strength and then can't even ya them to his advantage.

KJS

1 goal will change it all for Mitro

Asotosyios

I thought that 4-4-2 was the plan when Knockaert replaced Johansen yesterday, but couldn't understand the formation till Ayite got in.

Mince n Tatties

He knows his place isn't under pressure.
Need someone in who will keep him on his toes.
He was poor yesterday.

Milo

Held up the ball well against West Ham.. just a bad day? Hope he gets a goal soon so he fires back up.

absenteeism

Mitro is quality but is very easy to defend against as we always leave him so isolated.

I think when Hughton comes in we will see a great partnership between Knocky and Mitro.

Asotosyios

Quote from: absenteeism on August 04, 2019, 06:32:30 PM
Mitro is quality but is very easy to defend against as we always leave him so isolated.

I think when Hughton comes in we will see a great partnership between Knocky and Mitro.

Where did this come from?

absenteeism

Quote from: Asotosyios on August 04, 2019, 06:34:13 PM
Quote from: absenteeism on August 04, 2019, 06:32:30 PM

Where did this come from?
I think it's a foregone conclusion.

When Parker was appointed as first team coach loads on people commented saying that we had just appointed Jok's replacement.

A similar thing is going on where I think Parker will be out soon enough and Hughton will be the obvious replacement.

Luka

Mitrovic hasn't been on fire for over a year now.
Im no shrink but I'm of the opinion he has lost his way and needs help from a good sports phycologist to get him firing again. I think he's suffering from a loss of confidence and this is the real reason he penned a new contract with us despite so many higher level clubs (if reports can be believed) interested in him.
We are a comfort zone for him!!

Time for Parker to step up and show some man management and motivational skills where Mitrovic is concerned.

SuffolkWhite

Mitro got 11 goals last season in a team that got relegated and has scored for his country so I don't agree that he has been off form all the time. I do feel he needs some competition and someone like Gayle coming in would challenge him or even play in a 442 4411.

Still need s DM,CB and ST at least.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

FFC1987

I know I'm banging this drum a lot, but Mitrovic form is directly impacted by lack of service and support. This midfield, will do him no favours. Once we start acknowledging and replacing that middle and start dominating possession in games, goals will come and Cavaleiro and Knockaert will aptly help create and supply them. BUT starve that flow from the middle and get dominated by newly promoted teams, goers no way to helping anyone.

The Rational Fan

Mitrovoic wants to play top-tier football, he can either win the team a promotion or follow Seri/Anguissa's example.