watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mitrovic is embarrassing the club

Started by domprague, August 16, 2019, 09:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

You're spot on, we should sell him, he's let the club down, he's let Serbia down and above all else he's let himself down.

Arthur

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 17, 2019, 01:01:06 AM
Quote from: Arthur on August 16, 2019, 09:46:34 PM
Quote from: JoelH5 on August 16, 2019, 09:43:08 PM
I'm so pleased he did it. Great gamesmanship. Others normally do it to us and we're too clean. Good lad

Cheats normally do it. I don't want either the team or any individual to earn that reputation.

Every other single club in this league are cheats then

Whether they do or not, you and I appear to have different values. I'm critical if I see an opponent feigning injury, especially when the consequence - of a strike to the face - could be a sending off. I try not to be a hypocrite. It's not as if it's a case of 'If you can't beat 'em...': our promotion from this league the season before last shows that we don't have to join them (the cheats, that is) in order to succeed.

fulham traveller

As Parker said last season, we need to get better at the dark side of football, yes he over reacted, trying to kill time

RaySmith

He always does that  near the end of games we're winning - he's a pro, and a  winner, and we've often been too nice, as said.

I suppose if he played for the opposition .......but he is one of our own, a  Fulham hero, who gives it his all in every  game, and takes a heck of a lot of stick, with  seemingly little protection from refs, and is so important to us.

Sgt Fulham

I hope he doesn't make it a habit, but this thread is embarrassing. MITRO MITRO MITRO!

toshes mate

Quote from: YankeeJim on August 16, 2019, 09:42:15 PM
Quote from: domprague on August 16, 2019, 09:29:23 PM
Mitro grabs hold of a opposing player's leg and then rolls around clutching his face. I know he's taken a lot of cheap hits tonight but he's embarrassing. Faking being hit, running up to whine to the ref - great goalscorer but an embarrassment to the club.
This is the dictionary definition of over reacting.
Both are fair assessments of how poor the refereeing was which, IMO, was why incidents occurred throughout with both sides, at times, taking the p... out of the man in the middle.  Don't forget the name - Linnington - he has form.

Woolly Mammoth

I love Mitro to bits, but I was not enamoured by his behaviour in that incident by the corner flag, he embarrassed himself, and drew attention away from his fine performance of leading the line. We do not need these histrionics in football. I would imagine Scott will have a quiet word with him in his own way.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

grandad

His over reaction may work against him in future games. We know that game after game he gets kicked, pulled all over the place but rarely gets the refs to see what is going on. Other players will gun for him to get a reaction. The refs will see that ok.
SP needs to put a cap on this before it costs Mitro a red card.
Where there's a will there's a wife

General

Quote from: river phoenix on August 16, 2019, 10:48:34 PM
Quote from: Tooting legend on August 16, 2019, 10:41:42 PM
Great performance by Mitro but he still cheated never got touched we are not that sort of club those of you who think it's fine are flipping idiots he cheated simple.....

Invalid Tweet ID

He absolutely got hit in the eye by Huddersfield player.

LOL.  The guy has hardly put a foot wrong the entire time we've had him and he does some silly play acting (a lot of players do it - some of the best managers and players in the world too), and the first time he does you attempt to drag him through the mud.

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on August 17, 2019, 01:54:00 AM
our promotion from this league the season before last shows that we don't have to join them (the cheats, that is) in order to succeed.

OK so Mitro always getting cramp in injury time, players walking to the far side of the pitch before they were subbed, Johansen regularly tripping players to shut down an opposition breakaway, players staying down for ages to make an injury look worse and/or waste time... None of that was cheating?

JoelH5

Quote from: Statto on August 17, 2019, 09:02:46 AM
our promotion from this league the season before last shows that we don't have to join them (the cheats, that is) in order to succeed.

OK so Mitro always getting cramp in injury time, players walking to the far side of the pitch before they were subbed, Johansen regularly tripping players to shut down an opposition breakaway, players staying down for ages to make an injury look worse and/or waste time... None of that was cheating?

I agree with you. What is the world coming to! ;)
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Fulham Tup North

And players putting their arms in the air claiming a Throw-in or corner when they clearly know the ball came off them is the same and it happens 20 times per match. Odd that no-one on here thinks that is not cheating?? Talk about double standards. 🤪. We won the game, got three points and played well. Move on. I am sure SP will have a word.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

bill taylors apprentice

Have you also noticed that in recent seasons every time we score when we are winning we run to the opposite side of the pitch that we scored from and take an eternity to get back for the kick off............. just like other teams have done for ages.

Using the word "cheating" is subjective, that's pro sport today, its all part of game management, the Corinthian spirit has long gone out of fashion.

Having said all that he did over do it and be a little embarrassed, now can we move on please?

ALG01

I am very very disapointed. We all love mitro, i am sure that is true, but like when one of our kids goes too far we say they have done wrong and must not do it again.
Defending his actions inthat one incident is totally wrong. Play acting like that just has to be stampped out. He was trying to get their man sent off, it was wrong. If one of their team did it this place would be full of vitriolic righteous indignation,.

Sure standing up for yourself is good but this was a bridge too far. Real long term fulham fan's, not the more recent ones brought up on seeing rivaldo, suarez, ronaldo and others get away with anything at all, know this is not what fulham should be and i hope the club explains to mitro we want no repetition.

Arthur

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on August 17, 2019, 09:13:19 AM
And players putting their arms in the air claiming a Throw-in or corner when they clearly know the ball came off them is the same and it happens 20 times per match. Odd that no-one on here thinks that is not cheating?? Talk about double standards. 🤪. We won the game, got three points and played well. Move on. I am sure SP will have a word.

I don't like to see any of it - but I wouldn't say that all the things that you and Statto mention are on a par; deliberate fouling is more serious than a false appeal for a throw-in. Trying to make it appear as if an opponent has struck you is very much in the 'more serious' category, wouldn't you agree?

rusty shackleford

Quote from: Jimpav on August 17, 2019, 01:23:57 AM
You're spot on, we should sell him, he's let the club down, he's let Serbia down and above all else he's let himself down.

Hes not the messiah, hes a very naughty boy

Statto

Quote from: Arthur on August 17, 2019, 11:16:45 AM

I don't like to see any of it - but I wouldn't say that all the things that you and Statto mention are on a par; deliberate fouling is more serious than a false appeal for a throw-in. Trying to make it appear as if an opponent has struck you is very much in the 'more serious' category, wouldn't you agree?

FWIW I would agree with most of that and would have agreed with the OP if it said something like "there are degrees of gamesmanship, a little bit is fine but perhaps Mitro went too far today." What I disagree with is posts making it binary, cheating vs not cheating, and saying we are and/or should be on the non-cheating side.

And given the boundary between acceptable/unacceptable is nebulous and subjective, I'm not going to criticise Mitro too much for falling on the wrong side of it on occasion.

domprague

[/quote]
I didn't like what Mitrovic did either, but you sound as bad as guy as the Sky pundits - Chalobah did the same a few seconds earlier and stayed in the ground for a couple of minutes, but they didn't bother to comment on it; you neither. It's definitely not embarrassing the club though - that's modern football; I don't like it, but that's how it is.
[/quote]

I didn't comment on the Huddersfield player because I don't support the club. I support Fulham.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

domprague

It's a fair point. I was watching the match, thought we'd blown it and emotions were high.
I've always thought that we were better than this stupid rolling around in fake agony crap. The kind of gamesmanship listed above is brilliant but trying to get someone sent off and acting like a child is on a different level. And if he had been scratched in the eye then I doubt he would be rolling around.

Quote from: Statto on August 17, 2019, 11:33:44 AM
Quote from: Arthur on August 17, 2019, 11:16:45 AM

FWIW I would agree with most of that and would have agreed with the OP if it said something like "there are degrees of gamesmanship, a little bit is fine but perhaps Mitro went too far today." What I disagree with is posts making it binary, cheating vs not cheating, and saying we are and/or should be on the non-cheating side.

And given the boundary between acceptable/unacceptable is nebulous and subjective, I'm not going to criticise Mitro too much for falling on the wrong side of it on occasion.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

WOTM

Quote from: river phoenix on August 16, 2019, 10:48:34 PM
Quote from: Tooting legend on August 16, 2019, 10:41:42 PM
Great performance by Mitro but he still cheated never got touched we are not that sort of club those of you who think it's fine are flipping idiots he cheated simple.....

Invalid Tweet ID

He absolutely got hit in the eye by Huddersfield player.

To be fair, I roll around like that too when my kids nick me in the eye. Painful.