watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

View from Forrest

Started by terryr, August 23, 2019, 04:23:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

There isn't a ton of comments on their boards as they're still digesting snatching a draw with Charlton, but what I found follows below.

" A point here would be huge. Expecting a comprehensive defeat, and if we get that we just need to dust ourselves off & crack on."

" How often in the Championship do you see a team romp 4-0 only to be turned over the next game. Mitrovic will be one of the hardest test for Dawson and Worrall this season.
I'd take another shithouse 1-1, but fear a defeat."

" All the spunking over Fulham is getting on me tits, load of cockney tosspots who spent £100m last summer & fcuk knows how much this summer.
The press love Scott Parker or Scottie Parker as they like to call him.
We'll be winning this fucker, absolutely no doubt."

" While I agree whole heartedly with your sentiment and eloquence I feel obliged to point out that Fulham is most decidedly West End not East End."

" I don't give a fcuk if it's East End, West End or Bellend they're all cockney twats to me"

" Play Bostock, Sow and Semedo and we win this."

"  love the confidence lads but my match day streak is coming to an end by 5pm Saturday"

" I think you might be right mate.
Tough test.
I'd take 1-1 and if we can beat Preston the following week I'd say that isn't a bad return for the first six games."

" Aye... it's been a tough start."

" We could surprise here, it is August.
C O Y R"

" Nice to see some confidence. 
We'll get bummed, but I'd love to come on here being wrong about that."

"  I'm not in London this weekend so can't make it to this one. Shame, as it's a ten minute walk for me.
They haven't been putting the free tickets through the door yet this season though! "

"  Number 1 : Don't start Francis Benali(on loan) off on this one again.
Number 2 : Dont give the flipping Jonah any clues as to where it is."

" A test of our resolve and togetherness this one.
I think SL learned a lot from Charlton and might surprise us with some positive changes.
A point here would be a great result.
A win would be huge."

" Interested to see what we go with and how we approach this.
I'm anything but confident. Just think everything we struggle with, Fulham are excellent at.
Just hope it's one where we find a way to shithouse them."

" I'm not a massive fan of the approach, but could see it getting quite physical and niggly.
I'd take another point all day long."

" Anyway this is by far my favourite London away day AAAAAAND it's my birthday too. And a bank holiday weekend.
Gonna be a fun weekend for this unbearable twatbadger!"

" If you are coming down from Nottingham on the train then plan ahead as no trains running into St Pancras and Kings Cross. "

" Just field 10 defenders. Their win against Milwall was one of the most dominant wins in recent memory in t' championship.
They did manage to cock up opening fixture so we have small glimmer of hope."

" The thing I love about forest is we seem to struggle against average poo teams, but seem to turn up at games we think we'll lose. These are no better than Leeds if we defend how we have been there is no reason why we can't nick this. Though Not overly fussed about this we have had a very very tough start, as long as we don't get hammered, onto the next one!"

" Samba Sow definitely to start this one for me. Could use Semedo's engine too but worried he looked a bit leggy vs Charlton.
I think Sabri will shake things up a bit.
Sow, Bostock and Silva.
Adomah Grabban and Lolley. "

" No chance Forest. Fulham have too much talent in midfield and up front - Cairney, Arter, Johansen, Cavaleiro, Mitrovic and Knockaert.
I'd bite your hand off for a point now."

" Not sure what to make of this one , Forest may surprise one or two .However head says Fulham 2 Forest 1 , heart overuled."

" Fulham 3-0 Forest :("

" 2-0"

" 2-0 to Fulham"

" Fulham look set for a decent season with Cairney, Arter, Johansen, Cavaleiro, Mitrovic and Knockaert."

" **20 tickets left**

Fans boat party to Fulham FC
As part of the Forest in London double header, we have organised a cracking little pre-party down the Thames to Craven Cottage for the 3pm kick off with Fulham.
We will be setting off from Temple Pier in Central London and cruising down the Thames, taking in the sights and singing our hearts out. We have a fully stocked bar on board and a DJ spinning the best in 80s, 90s and 00s classics.
Tickets will be limited, and we will be arriving at Putney Pier with plenty of time to get to the stadium, which is an 15 min walk away.
Please be at Temple Pier for boarding at 11.45am. We will be setting sail bang on midday and cruising down to Fulham for a 2pm arrival.
The best thing is that the trip is only £20!
For tickets, go too;
http://bit.ly/nottinghamforestboatparty
hopefully see you there
Temple Pier, Victoria Embankment ( don't get confused with Victoria station) ,London
WC2R 2PN
Nearest stations
Temple Tube: District and Circle lines.
Nearest Overground: Charing Cross"

" Methinks there will be a fair few arrests at this game LOL."

" Brentford started these cruises to Fulham I believe. Used to be lively little matches in the 80s."

" Do you go past the Houses of Parliament? If so could you get the DJ to play Anarchy in the UK please as you cruise past? Sex Pistols boat party"

"The swindle continues at our club every week ;)"

" Another tough away game."

" The only half decent team they've played all season, Barnsley, beat them first game of the season.

Yes, they have a first team that on paper should give anyone in the league a good game, however they do have a weakness and that's their manager who is still very green at this management malarkey.
Having seen the annoyance of Lamouchi in his post match interview following the Charlton game, I'm hoping he really gets into the players so that we get a far more disciplined, effective performance from the men in Garibaldi.
We still seem to be struggling to find the answer to linking the midfield and Grabban, he is far to isolated. Fix that conundrum and we have a sneaky chance of nicking this, but I agree that a score draw would be perfectly adequate after the start to the season we have had."

" Why beating Fulham is more important than overcoming Derby County for Nottingham Forest
What a couple of games Nottingham Forest have got to look forward to over the next few days, starting with a visit to Craven Cottage on Saturday before the small matter of Derby on Tuesday.
They've set themselves up nicely with a hardworking point at Charlton on Wednesday night - a game where they showed no shortage of character to earn a positive result.
Many fans will be looking ahead to the Carabao Cup meeting with the Rams, but, for me, if I had to pick, I'd want three points over Fulham first and foremost.
It goes without saying that beating Derby is important – and I'd love nothing more than to keep hold of the Brian Clough Trophy.
We also know it can give momentum to a season, even at this stage, while if there was a chance of adding some extra pressure to them, then great. However, the quest for Championship points is more pressing.
Beating Derby won't get you into the Premier League, overcoming Fulham might just help you on the path to do just that.
Of course, in an ideal world Sabri Lamouchi's Reds would win both games and we'd head into the final game before the first international break of the season in fine fettle and, most likely, sitting pretty inside the top six.
The next few days are huge for the manager, especially if he can pull out a result at Craven Cottage – taking anything from that into Tuesday will be massive, though, as I say, the key is to forget Derby for now, let the fans worry about that and focus on Saturday.
Thats it for this game
COYWS

bog

The third one down seems to posses a mastery of the Queen's English.....

092.gif

_Putney_

" I don't give a fcuk if it's East End, West End or Bellend they're all cockney twats to me"

lol

Stillbelieve

Quote from: _Putney_ on August 23, 2019, 08:36:13 AM

lol

haha that really tickled me too.

OdecaMynoT

Sound like a nice bunch.

I can see them having lively discourse the the 'Wall' mob.

East End,West End,Bell End.........we all End up..........
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

ByTheRiver

Few thinly veiled (or not veiled at all in once case) racial slurs there as you'd expect from a bunch of absolute inbreds.

Hope they go down.

Tabby

Quote from: ByTheRiver on August 23, 2019, 10:37:11 AM
Few thinly veiled (or not veiled at all in once case) racial slurs there as you'd expect from a bunch of absolute inbreds.

Hope they go down.

Is cockney a racial slur now?

Nero

Quote from: Stillbelieve on August 23, 2019, 09:05:01 AM
Quote from: _Putney_ on August 23, 2019, 08:36:13 AM

lol

haha that really tickled me too.

Is that from a song by Billy Joel

ByTheRiver

Quote from: Tabby on August 23, 2019, 10:41:49 AM

Hope they go down.

Whoops! This comment was meant for the Millwall thread *facepalm*

That said, I do resent being labelled a cockney...

Chutney

"All the spunking over Fulham is getting on me tits, load of cockney tosspots who spent £100m last summer & fcuk knows how much this summer.
The press love Scott Parker or Scottie Parker as they like to call him.
We'll be winning this fucker, absolutely no doubt." - This is my favourite.
C O Y W

TheDaddy

Quote from: ByTheRiver on August 23, 2019, 11:22:18 AM
Quote from: Tabby on August 23, 2019, 10:41:49 AM

Hope they go down.

im always asked if im a Cockney when visiting family in Stoke , I reply "No mate its just the way i walk "
Whoops! This comment was meant for the Millwall thread *facepalm*

That said, I do resent being labelled a cockney...
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Milo

Sex Pistols boat party sounds great

Woolly Mammoth

They will find a huge hole in their boat when they are floating up the Thames, and an even bigger one when  they enter the field of play tomorrow.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

bobbo

Thank you terry , it's always a must read for me.

Are there no grammar schools up there. Their dialogue and vocabulary leaves a little to be desired.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Black and White Town

That boat party sounds like a heap of fun. We should do that some time.

gang

Quote from: Black and White Town on August 23, 2019, 04:49:49 PM
That boat party sounds like a heap of fun. We should do that some time.

I agree, QPR would be a nice cheap trip.