Main Menu

Leeds and Swansea

Started by JoelH5, August 25, 2019, 03:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoelH5

Leeds and Swansea are starting to look like the favourites for automatic
I was there, standing in the Putney end

Mince n Tatties

Is that the same Leeds who are favs every season,but come Jan -Feb time they bottle it.😊

Jimsbeerbelly

Don't you dare say that, it's only been 5 games, let's see where we are come Xmas.... Meh

In al seriousness, I said Leeds would romp the championship this season, and I stand by that prediction. All FFC fans keep saying is they'll bottle it again, but, there's only so much bottling they can do. They're more settled this season, Bielsa is a quality coach, and they'll finish well ahead of us.

Yes, Swansea look good, so do Bristol City, Preston, and quite a few others. It'll be the playoffs for us, if consistency doesn't kill us first. Could be a lot further behind come Cardiff, West Brom, Weds..

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 25, 2019, 03:31:21 PM
Is that the same Leeds who are favs every season,but come Jan -Feb time they bottle it.😊

They won't bottle it this season.

MJG

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 25, 2019, 03:21:20 PM
said everyone about Leeds at exactly the same point last season. Long way to go
Just the views of a long term fan

Whitestone

Leeds and Swansea have certainly started well but too early in the season to think either will be there come May, although I reckon Leeds will be there or thereabouts. Norwich were off the pace after 5 games last season and so are we if we have ambitions for top two.  Long way to go.

Balham Boy

Wolves had accumulated 10 points after 5 games in 17/18 and ended on 99 points.

filham

We are the flare team in the division but Leeds are looking solid and will not be giving a lot away. I think Leeds will build on their lead and look unstoppable come Christmas.
To avoid disappointment we should start thinking of lots of entertainment with a top six place at the best.

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: filham on August 25, 2019, 06:11:03 PM
We are the flare team in the division but Leeds are looking solid and will not be giving a lot away. I think Leeds will build on their lead and look unstoppable come Christmas.
To avoid disappointment we should start thinking of lots of entertainment with a top six place at the best.

Yep, don't get all these fans who automatically assume Leeds will bottle it again. At some point, they'll get it right, and I reckon it'll be this season. They just seem a little different under Bielsa, well organised, no-nonsense, and smashing in the results. Like you, I feel they'll be well clear and unstoppable by Christmas.

Art Vandelay

Talking about Leeds there is a good series on Amazon Prime documenting them last season called 'take us home leeds'. Maybe not as good as the Sunderland series but the transfer saga regarding their attempt to sign Daniel James shows how hard it can be to sign players on deadline day.

Well worth a watch

FFCFOREVER

Just wait for the blip. We've had ours onwards and upwards.COYW

Fulham76

Quote from: Jimsbeerbelly on August 25, 2019, 03:34:43 PM

Agreed. Think they'll be going up this time.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Fulham76 on August 25, 2019, 11:22:01 PM

Leeds didn't bottle it last season, they simply run out of gas with their waffer thin squad, adding Costa and others changes that dramatically. Bielsa is the best coach in the championship, he will deliver.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: The Rational Fan on August 25, 2019, 11:36:44 PM

Leeds didn't bottle it last season, they simply run out of gas with their waffer thin squad, adding Costa and others changes that dramatically. Bielsa is the best coach in the championship, he will deliver.

You will be telling us next that Fabri is Fulhams best Goalkeeper.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Mince n Tatties

Think they've bottled it last 4 seasons.
£20 for charity says they don't go up automatic top 2.
Are you on Don Revie?...😜

Mince n Tatties

No response from TRF....You've obviously bottled it like Leeds do...lol

Jimsbeerbelly

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on August 26, 2019, 06:23:26 AM

Think they've bottled it last 4 seasons.
£20 for charity says they don't go up automatic top 2.
Are you on Don Revie?...😜

I'll gladly have this bet with you. I'll give £20.00 to Cancer Research if Leeds bottle it again, if they don't, you donate.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: JoelH5 on August 25, 2019, 03:21:20 PM

Too early, and they haven't played us.   

Yes...they are high in the table in week 5.

barwonwhite

They are a good team, but they, like us lost points, the only points they have dropped, against Nottingham Forest, drawing at home 1-1.

Mince n Tatties

Jimsbeerbelly....I'm giving T R F a few days to respond,if not gladly.😊
And the bet is top 2 automatic, not play offs.