watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Goodbye Floyd...

Started by Maidstone Lee, September 02, 2019, 04:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maidstone Lee

If he could have stayed fit he would have been brilliant. Wish him well in Turkey.
:012:

...still think he's better then Kamara & definitely Kebano.
Stand up if you still believe!
@LeeWarner19

fulhamben

Find this a very strange move by us.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jim©

Shame to see him go, I saw him as good enough for this division and some.
AK seems to have that sub spot nailed on (Reid can play there too I guess) though did little when he came on the other night (and I'm a fan).

Wonder if Neeskens/Fabri will join the exodus...

fcfulham55

Sent from my Nokia 3310

Fernhurst

Did a smashing job for FFC for a while.

Good luck for the rest of your football life Floyd.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

HV71

Quote from: Fernhurst on September 02, 2019, 04:27:51 PM

+1
Good chap - wouldn't let you down and would put a shift in

SG

Quote from: fulhamben on September 02, 2019, 04:19:58 PM
Find this a very strange move by us.

Not really - a 30 year old player who unfortunately is frequently injured and where we have several other options. Seems a good move for both club and player

Lighthouse

I think it is because we had so many other options. Not sure when he would have played. When he first came I thought he looked good. But seemed less effective the longer he was with us which no doubt was down to injury problems. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mullers OG

Sad to see him go.  Wish him well in Turkey.  Always one of my favourite players in the last couple of years.

It seems a bizarre decision to let him go.  He was to my mind our most skilful and potent back up forward.  I can understand that he may have wished to go somewhere where he could play regularly.  Also that the club may have wished to reduce the number of players on the books. 

I agree with Maidstone Lee that he is better than Kebano and Kamara.  Perhaps no-one wanted them? 

Statto

Quote from: Maidstone Lee on September 02, 2019, 04:18:44 PM
...still think he's better then Kamara & definitely Kebano.

Agree, questionable move

Count Flapula

Real shame to see him go - skilful and intelligent, thought he works really hard both in attack and helping out the FBs in defence.

Problem is he is way too good to not even make our bench in this league, with AK seemingly getting the nod presently.

Personally, I think i'd rather have Bobby Reid (19 goals from no.9 / striker spot in this league in our promotion season) and Ayite (better winger) on the bench over AK.

Regardless, our squad is worse off without him in it. I wish him all the best as has been a quality servant of the club.

AnOldBrownie

Wish him the best.

He probably asked to go.

Now maybe we can promote one of our youth wingers.

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Of those who never seem to get a look in these days that leaves Fabri, Cisse, and Kebano.
Anything in the pipeline?

davew

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 02, 2019, 04:50:07 PM
I think it is because we had so many other options. Not sure when he would have played. When he first came I thought he looked good. But seemed less effective the longer he was with us which no doubt was down to injury problems. 
What many other options, haven´t seen any of them on the bench the last few games, perhaps with the exception of AK?
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Statto

Nice send off by the club on the website and social media... although watching that brilliant highlight reel does make me wonder, is Knockaert really an upgrade?

Bill2

Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2019, 04:30:32 PM

+1
Agree with that.

KJS

Quote from: Bill2 on September 02, 2019, 06:03:56 PM
Quote from: HV71 on September 02, 2019, 04:30:32 PM

+1
Agree with that.

:plus one: Me too loved Floyd's approach never heard him moan about not playing and never let us down,

Good luck Floyd  :54:

Robbie

Sgt Fulham

Sad about this. Genuine player that always gave his all and gave us some great moments.

Ayite to Piazon, back to Ayite, rounds the keeper, walks it in!

Thank you and best of luck Floyd.

bencher

I'll always remember getting a ping on my phone on a Friday in the summer of 2016 when his signing was announced. I'd never heard of him before, but his signing marked the start of a real upturn in our fortunes, and we went from having the likes of Mark Fotheringham and Adil Chihi to him, Aluko and others that joined that summer and turned us into an attacking force that was a pleasure to watch. A player that worked hard and with a smile on his face, and who was genuinely hard not to like.
For me, the goal v Norwich away will live long in the memory (especially with GJ's epic commentary).
Best of luck Floyd, you will be missed.