more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham TV Live

Started by SuffolkWhite, October 01, 2019, 03:27:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logicalman

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on October 02, 2019, 11:46:20 AM
toshes - The FST confirmed they'd bring it up (again).

First time (probably last  :doh:) last night, but feel for overseas fans in particular if that is what they've been putting up with. Not easy or fashionable following Fulham from those lengths, and at the cost I know I would expect better.

It appears not everyone has the same experience.

I have been signed up from the start, I did not get to see the Reading match 'live' due to work commitments, but I can say that for the rest of the matches screened I recall only having issues with one where the audio/video sync was out by a few seconds.

Signing up was a pain, not intuitive by any means and the layout can be very confusing initially.

Overall, as an overseas viewer, I am pleased with the service, though that is not to say my experience is apparently an example of everyone else's on here (from the comments), so I have been fortunate.

The issues appear to come in two main forms: Accessibility and match-day experience.

It needs to be understood that FFCTv have stated that the live video service will NOT be available for mobile devices, though audio is. That said, those that have managed it good luck to them (I was unable to access it via smartphone or smart TV -WebOS- due to the browser version used).

As for teething issues, I don't accept that excuse after the first half-dozen games, and I'm not sure anyone else should either, it's a paying service and a certain standard should be maintained. I do think, however, that interference in live-streaming does occur more often than we tend to think, from all vendors, and so whether this is better or worse than other live-event streaming services I couldn't say. Given the issues I have had over the past couple of years with my cable service (avoid Comcast/XFinity at all costs) and the fact that costs me twenty-four times the cost of FFCTv subscription, in that perspective then this service is nowhere near the bottom of the pile.

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Rj Fulham

Anyone know why the Charlton game isnt even listed on the FFCTV page? even games that cannot be shown are at least listed there so you know that beforehand, but the next game listed there is Away to Stoke in a couple of weeks  1500.gif 1500.gif

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on October 01, 2019, 09:21:58 PM
Perhaps they will issue everyone a refund, as it is extortion so far.
You mean everyone in the UK I assume. The last broadcast was crappy...but even with the hiccups and my having to watch with screen jumps...it was still the only legal opportunity to watch my club. It definitely needs improving but I don't want or expect to be reimbursed.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Dr Quinzel on October 02, 2019, 03:02:22 PM
Matt, a read of this forum would suggest it doesn't and on many occasions hasn't worked in the way a product of its type should. That is my opinion at least.

It should be no more complex than login, click and play. This isn't an illegal or cheap workaround or a favor where you accept and probably expect a few workarounds and intermittent viewing, it is a professional service offered at considerable price (when compared to other similar services).

You are obviously technically minded and have been generous enough to troubleshoot and help others, which is a great credit to yourself, but is also an indictment on the quality of the product.

I agree heavily with your sentiment re FAQ/Live trouble shooting. You said that the commentators made apologies, which is all well and good, but myself watching had no idea that happened, because the system simply wasn't working to have heard it. The club tweeted an apology and update I think at HT, and without that people were in the dark.

I seem to remember, but could be wrong, that this is supplied by an outside contractor/new contractor. Perhaps it is something they can/do offer that that the club can take up.
I'm in Los Angeles. It DOES work for some people.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Stoneleigh Loyalist

Further to my post on Page 3 I sent an email complaint to fulhamtv after the match saying that the first 35 minutes was unwatchable jerky tv and after it blacking out I was forced to give up.
I suggested that a refund would be appropriate and must admit that they replied promptly although they simply said that refunds were only made if Technical Support had been contacted during the match.
A. This was my first match and I will not be wasting £10 in future. and B. Judging by the complaints on this forum how long would it have taken to get through and how much of the match would have been lost anyway?.
Not good PR or a good service

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on October 04, 2019, 09:28:50 AM
Further to my post on Page 3 I sent an email complaint to fulhamtv after the match saying that the first 35 minutes was unwatchable jerky tv and after it blacking out I was forced to give up.
I suggested that a refund would be appropriate and must admit that they replied promptly although they simply said that refunds were only made if Technical Support had been contacted during the match.
A. This was my first match and I will not be wasting £10 in future. and B. Judging by the complaints on this forum how long would it have taken to get through and how much of the match would have been lost anyway?.

Perhaps they could show us where the option to contact technical support during the game is?

It's been discussed in this thread how useful to have that availability would be, so if they're saying it exists and no refund unless you've used it....

toshes mate

Quote from: Stoneleigh Loyalist on October 04, 2019, 09:28:50 AM
Agree. It isn't a good product; the interface is not intuitive; there is no contact information on the website pages that most users will see; there can be no excuse for not giving an immediate refund or an explanation as to why they are not providing a refund having failed to deliver the product you paid for.  People who have paid by credit card can try talking to the issuer in terms of I paid for this service and it was not provided.  The issuer then have to contact the service provider which sometimes results in a refund being agreed.

S.F.Sorrow

I just cancelled my monthly subscription. Instead of showing a confirmation the website sent me straight to the "edit profile" page. I have no idea if my cancellation has registered.  Just one of many glitches that make the FFCTV website seem unfinished and not ready for the public.

EDIT: At least I got a confirmation email a couple of minutes later. Still very poor IMO.