Main Menu

IF we gather 3 points on Saturday.

Started by Fernhurst, October 02, 2019, 10:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Rock

Quote from: Statto on October 02, 2019, 01:33:47 PM
Quote from: Sting of the North on October 02, 2019, 12:38:14 PM
Quote from: S.F.Sorrow on October 02, 2019, 12:30:08 PM
The question for me is SHOULD we sign Arter, Cavaleiro, Knockaert, Reed on a permanent if we're promoted? We would be spending a lot of money without strengthening the squad at all. Are they really PL quality players? Their previous clubs didn't seem to think so.

I think the more correct statement would be that we would be paying that money in order to not weaken our promotion team. Alternatively, we can of course try to go the route we did last time, with having to acquire 10 + players just to have a squad. I know what I prefer.

Agreed. I take the point that Brighton and Wolves themselves aren't exactly setting the PL on fire, but nonetheless, for a first season or two back in the PL, I'd rather have Arter, Knockaert and Cavaliero than have to integrate and gamble on high profile new signings like Anguissa, Schurrle and Vietto.

Echoing others on here these loan deals with a FIXED cost to sign them shows lessons learnt from the past. There should be no Southampton/Targett situation where we can't sign these existing players for a reasonable fee.

Additionally, I think keeping that existing squad we had would have had a far better chance in staying up as they had already gelled. Next time around, the additions should be (and should have been) minimal.

grandad

Charlton 1 up after 66 seconds. Saturday won't be a walk over.
Where there's a will there's a wife

grandad

Fernhurst

Watching this game to give me a heads up on both these sides.

Swansea playing a mature kind of game which will suit us more when we play them I believe.

Charlton have a young side who have not stoped sprinting in this first half hour (hope Scott is at the gameBTW) Bowyer really has them wired. Stand out player so far is Conor Gallagher, 19 year old Chelsea loanee, real live wire in midfield.
They very much like the high press, Mawson and Ream may not have the normal amount of time they are used to. 
Impressed so far, but we should have enough nous and firepower to manage them if we can keep them quiet in the initial stages.
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Fernhurst

Charlton 1-2 Swansea

Swan's more serious and technical approach paying off...... who is Selena in midfield for Swansea, been impressive along with Joe Rodon at centre back. Charlton looking a bit tired now
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

toshes mate

Quote from: fulhamben on October 02, 2019, 11:50:47 AM
bobby reid doesnt have an option as far as I'm aware, and when he signed he even said he loves cardiff but wont play for warnock who is in his last year. Granted things can change, but he looks a better option than cav to me at the moment
Within his first interview Reid not only said he had always wanted to play for FFC but that he felt FFC didn't even know he was available.  I took that to mean there were wheels within wheels working to get him here.  Perhaps the diplomacy was for the sake of any fans he was leaving behind ... just a thought.

grandad