watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Underrated signing of the year?

Started by Facts Not Fiction, October 23, 2019, 10:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Facts Not Fiction

Big credit to Harrison Reed once again putting in a good performance. IMO, on of the first names on the team sheet. Fast, great work ethic, and good passer. Great business by TK.

Statto

Agree he's been great but he was very highly regarded by Blackburn. I get the impression he was widely expected to go on loan to a better club than them this season. So hardly a hidden gem.

Bill2

Quote from: Facts Not Fiction on October 23, 2019, 10:48:08 PM
Big credit to Harrison Reed once again putting in a good performance. IMO, on of the first names on the team sheet. Fast, great work ethic, and good passer. Great business by TK.
My MOTM tonight.

Jims Dentist

Quote from: Statto on October 23, 2019, 10:51:08 PM
Agree he's been great but he was very highly regarded by Blackburn. I get the impression he was widely expected to go on loan to a better club than them this season. So hardly a hidden gem.
Was superb  yet again tonight.
As you say though Statto, he has been around for a while, so let's not make out TK is some sort of guenius.
The signing is only what should be expected from the recruiting TEAM from a club with asperations.

res

Quote from: Jims Dentist on October 25, 2019, 05:11:16 PM
Quote from: Statto on October 23, 2019, 10:51:08 PM
Was superb  yet again tonight.
As you say though Statto, he has been around for a while, so let's not make out TK is some sort of guenius.
The signing is only what should be expected from the recruiting TEAM from a club with asperations.

But to be fair to TK (and the recruitment team), Reed is part of some smart transfer business this year. Massive , and justified, criticism last year (even though most thought it was great when the signings arrived) so credit is due this year.

filham

Yet another good performance on Wednesday from Reed. Early in the season I thought no one would replace Arter in that position but now Reed must be the automatic first choice.
Funny we now have MacDonald, Johansen , Reed and Arter all capable of doing a good job as the holding midfielder.

Sting of the North

Quote from: filham on October 25, 2019, 05:28:37 PM
Yet another good performance on Wednesday from Reed. Early in the season I thought no one would replace Arter in that position but now Reed must be the automatic first choice.
Funny we now have MacDonald, Johansen , Reed and Arter all capable of doing a good job as the holding midfielder.

In my opinion neither Johansen or Arter is well suited to a holding role, as they are not very reliable in positioning. They are both hard working, and puts in a shift but sometimes suffer from the headless chicken syndrome (especially Arter, from what he has showed so far). It works well if someone covers for you, but much prefer someone like Kmac, or Reed if we are really going for a holding midfielder. For now I definitely prefer TC and Reed starting, and either Johansen or Reid as the third piece. Arter is of course useful as well, but not overly impressed with his contribution to our team play so far.   

Jims Dentist

Was very impressed with Arter at frst.
Since then he did not hold the DFM position., trying to do too much.
HR should be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.