News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Can See a few 'Big Clubs' coming in for Mitro again this Winter...

Started by Steeeeeeeeeed, October 24, 2019, 12:11:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeeeeeeeeed

Hope we can keep them at bay.

But if say Man United offered £40 million, which would not surprise me, could be tricky.

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Steeeeeeeeeed on October 24, 2019, 12:11:38 AM
Hope we can keep them at bay.

But if say Man United offered £40 million, which would not surprise me, could be tricky.

No it would not be tricky - the answer is No, regardless of price. We are not going to pull in another player with his skill, his passion, his genuine commitment to the club at this point. He is the fulcrum to our promotion chances offensively. Keep him at all costs, and everyone else can just sod off.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Man Utd offering £40 for mitro 🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

They didnt want Lukaku who is a far, far better player than Mitro, and you think they'll pay half what they sold him for. Please let me have what you're smoking.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

AnOldBrownie

Not in the winter they won't. And Mitro isn't the kind of striker their manager is looking for.

Maybe next summer...but they have midfield and right wing issues that are more urgent than striker.

Sent from my CMR-W19 using Tapatalk

Mince n Tatties

charlieFFC

He is 25 and has a contract till 2024. Honestly in terms of the value he provides to our club I would not sell for less than 60 million. Even then I wouldn't be happy when you take into account two players like Seri and Anguissa equaled around that.

Spirit of 2000

All bids rejected - either we go up with him or I suspect an agreement is in place to agree to sell in the summer if we fail to do so - and with the length and value of his contract we won't struggle to get a very big sum for him then - probably in the £30-£40 million bracket. Something at that point we would undoubtedly need to re-build the side for another push next season (taking FFP into context).

Statto

We turned down a £50m bid from China last Jan apparently, so it will take something pretty huge to take him this Jan

ByTheRiver

This is why it is vital we stay in and around the top of the league. He'd be much less tempted to go if he knew he was a few months away from a league title (albeit 2nd tier), on top of being settled in the area, liking the club, etc.

But yea, I agree if he keeps up the scoring as is top scorer in the league by a distance come 1st Jan (which I think he will be), they'll certainly be some Premiership clubs sniffing around. Let's keep winning and not have to worry!

Cambridge Pete

Lukaku a better playerthan Mitro! Forunately I don't smoke. If a big offer comes in and he wants to go then who knows?

toshes mate

Kinda difficult to reconcile this post compared to those a few games back which were asking what's up with Mitro?  The guy says he is happy even when he isn't scoring a goal a game and his ratio for Serbia is up there with the best (0.58 GPG), and so his playing skills haven't diminished during the time he has settled down and found a good place for himself and his family.  His target currently must be to have another chance to show what he can do in a good PL side and at the moment I'd guess he'll be content with that side being FFC.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on October 24, 2019, 10:55:03 AM
We turned down a £50m bid from China last Jan apparently, so it will take something pretty huge to take him this Jan

Do we know Fulham turned it down and not Mitrovoic?

Statto

Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 24, 2019, 11:20:49 AM

IIRC TK claimed Fulham turned it down, but if he did, I think it was in a video interview and I cannot be bothered to watch them to find the exact quote

For all his faults, TK doesn't strike as some who will get bullied where we are selling (although FWIW that opinion is partly based on the Sessegnon transfer, and as I've said previously, IMO it would have been better to be bullied into a slightly lower offer there if it meant we could sign Hector earlier)

Bill2

I also think that a number of clubs could be sniffing around in Jan but not sure it will be one of the big 6, but maybe the likes of Everton or Watford could. The question is how much is he worth to us, I would think he is pretty much irreplaceable at his level as he is a proven goal scorer even in the Prem.
I would respond to any approach by saying go forth etc.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on October 24, 2019, 11:28:41 AM
Quote from: The Rational Fan on October 24, 2019, 11:20:49 AM

IIRC TK claimed Fulham turned it down, but if he did, I think it was in a video interview and I cannot be bothered to watch them to find the exact quote

For all his faults, TK doesn't strike as some who will get bullied where we are selling (although FWIW that opinion is partly based on the Sessegnon transfer, and as I've said previously, IMO it would have been better to be bullied into a slightly lower offer there if it meant we could sign Hector earlier)

I saw the interview and TK implied he turned it down, but Mitro seemed happy with the outcome so probably wouldn't have accepted initially anyway. I agree, TK probably would have won if he tried to bully Mitro into taking it, but for whatever reason it is clear that TK didn't try to make Mitro accept (maybe because TK is proud of his best acquisition). Anyway, I'm glad TK didn't take the money as he would have probably reinvest it, because "for all TK's strengths of which he has a few" reinvesting money wisely is not one of them, although he maybe getting less bad at reinvesting money.

grandad

I would not sell Mitro at any price. We don´t have to, he seems happy here with his family settled. Where & with whom would we replace him with?
Where there's a will there's a wife