Should Parker go?

Yes
37 (50%)
No
37 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 74

MikeW

Quote from: LittleErn on November 02, 2019, 05:18:38 PM
Parker knew Hull are a counter-attacking side, so how can we have been caught by three counter attacks? What was the plan?

Couldn't agree more.  Useless at anything tactical.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

grandad

Having to use MLM & Odoi, neither of whom can attack as wing backs, together with Reed & Johansen who are not blessed with any pace meant we had no pace to create anything going forward. Cav Reid & later on Knockaert had no support from the central midfield. Cairney can´t do it all on his own.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Pieter A’dam

What an embarrassing performance of Cairney .... slow, lazy, very predictable and uninspired. If that's your captain then what a great example he is for the team

Woolly Mammoth

I do not think any of us would have predicted this scoreline today let alone the performance, it is a massive shock in many ways. Yet perhaps we should have seen it coming.  We have some lazy players who do not support the man on the ball, as well as tracking back to shield the defence. We have a toothless Captain that does not inspire enough or lead when the going gets tough, too many loans maybe, too many individuals who only tend to look good when we are winning, fair weather players, apart from Mitro and Johanson how many others actually bust a gut for the team, maybe Arter and Reed.
Apart from Mawson, add a short in height soft weak defence which has been obvious for a very long time, so no excuses for the crack recruitment unit, and if you include that these individual players are not performing within the framework of the team, and the system of play is floundering.
Then you have to ask ourselves why is this happening after all the talk from some people who clearly said through rose tinted glasses that it was a question of who is going to finish second behind us. The Championship does not work like that, nobody lies down to have their tummy tickled. There are not enough players in the ranks that have a strong enough mentality, they are not prepared at times to go toe to toe and win their own battles.
We do look disjointed caused by players with poor positional sense and a defensive set up whereupon individual defenders will always be liable to give the ball away and fail to pick up their marker.
We do not defend from the front enough, we do not support Mitro enough, and who is supposed to protect the back four. Not enough pace in defence, not enough height in defence, not enough leadership in defence and in the team, not enough pace alround, but it currently looks a fractured team, and to give that kind of performance at home is a massive cause for concern, the defence is not a unit, neither is the team.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

sarvenpa

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 02, 2019, 06:17:15 PM
I do not think any of us would have predicted this scoreline today let alone the performance, it is a massive shock in many ways. Yet perhaps we should have seen it coming.  We have some lazy players who do not support the man on the ball, as well as tracking back to shield the defence. We have a toothless Captain that does not inspire enough or lead when the going gets tough, too many loans maybe, too many individuals who only tend to look good when we are winning, fair weather players, apart from Mitro and Johanson how many others actually bust a gut for the team, maybe Arter and Reed.
Apart from Mawson, add a short in height soft weak defence which has been obvious for a very long time, so no excuses for the crack recruitment unit, and if you include that these individual players are not performing within the framework of the team, and the system of play is floundering.
Then you have to ask ourselves why is this happening after all the talk from some people who clearly said through rose tinted glasses that it was a question of who is going to finish second behind us. The Championship does not work like that, nobody lies down to have their tummy tickled. There are not enough players in the ranks that have a strong enough mentality, they are not prepared at times to go toe to toe and win their own battles.
We do look disjointed caused by players with poor positional sense and a defensive set up whereupon individual defenders will always be liable to give the ball away and fail to pick up their marker.
We do not defend from the front enough, we do not support Mitro enough, and who is supposed to protect the back four. Not enough pace in defence, not enough height in defence, not enough leadership in defence and in the team, not enough pace alround, but it currently looks a fractured team, and to give that kind of performance at home is a massive cause for concern, the defence is not a unit, neither is the team.

:plus one:

Luka

Been watching Fulham week in week out for 20 seasons.
This seasons football is predictable, ineffective and importantly, in my view it's just not entertaining.
I'm bored with Parker and his tactics already and it's only 3rd of November.
I'm able to live with losing if the manner of the loss is acceptable.
But this turgid possession based football is not palatable to me at all.
Parker out.

Mince n Tatties

I know we should get over situations that happen in games,but in Scotty's defence last two games,Rodak getting sent off and losing our wing back today after a few minutes doesn't help matters.

Fulham 442

Quote from: Luka on November 02, 2019, 06:34:38 PM
Been watching Fulham week in week out for 20 seasons.
This seasons football is predictable, ineffective and importantly, in my view it's just not entertaining.
I'm bored with Parker and his tactics already and it's only 3rd of November.
I'm able to live with losing if the manner of the loss is acceptable.
But this turgid possession based football is not palatable to me at all.
Parker out.

Summed it up for me!

Carborundum

Three poor decisions from our manager today. Bringing Le Marchand on the wrong call - should have been Sessegnon with Odoi moving across.  Taking Bobby Decordova Reid off was inexplicable.  But worst of all were the instructions to Steffjo and Cairney, which made Harrison Reid a one man midfield for large parts of the game and clogged everything up to Hull's benefit.

EricB

For long periods it was like watching walking football. No pace, creativity and little movement. Poor tactics and a poor ref. Bad day all round

Nero

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 02, 2019, 06:43:00 PM
I know we should get over situations that happen in games,but in Scotty's defence last two games,Rodak getting sent off and losing our wing back today after a few minutes doesn't help matters.

so should losing a left-back lead to a 3-0 defeat? is he that good a player? Sorry buy its dull unentertaining football we may as well just punt it up the pitch

john dempsey

Quote from: Russianrob on November 02, 2019, 05:18:12 PM
Fulham are Parker's Golden goose from the first moment we signed him as a player who led us to relegation.Continued this for a few seasons in the championship.Eventually got rid of the leech and promoted back to the premier.However,he managed to get back on board and even became coach.Not much left to get now but believe me he will milk us for every penny until he goes!
never understood giving the job to parker in the first place. if the club
were going to go for an inexperienced ex player as manager I always thought
Danny Murphy the best option and I still do .
parker used to go round in circles as a player, now the whole side is going round in circles

Andy S

For my money Parker should leave and try his luck somewhere else. It's not because we've lost it is because of the way we've lost.
1His players are not learning by their mistakes
2 He made decisions out there today that cost us the game. Constantly pushing the ball out to the wing and crosses going to nobody. Switching to three at the back with nobody able to play that system.
3 How can we be the home team and not have any shots on target
Finally in an interview he sounded like he didn't re  know what went wrong.
Our keeper had nothing to do except pick the ball out of his net three times. Our players don't look like 5hey are enjoying the system.It needs changing.
Most of our players would walk into any championship team and some would walk into a premier league team. Since the season started I've thought we would get better as the season progressed. The fact we haven't is down to the manager and his tactics. If we want promotion this year he has to go. The alternative is to lose Mitro in January

cottage expat

Quote from: Andy S on November 02, 2019, 07:31:21 PM
For my money Parker should leave and try his luck somewhere else. It's not because we've lost it is because of the way we've lost.
2 He made decisions out there today that cost us the game. Constantly pushing the ball out to the wing and crosses going to nobody. Switching to three at the back with nobody able to play that system.
Our keeper had nothing to do except pick the ball out of his net three times. Our players don't look like 5hey are enjoying the system.It needs changing.
Most of our players would walk into any championship team and some would walk into a premier league team. Since the season started I've thought we would get better as the season progressed. The fact we haven't is down to the manager and his tactics. If we want promotion this year he has to go. The alternative is to lose Mitro in January

Well said. Agree completely.

Fulham 442

Quote from: cottage expat on November 02, 2019, 07:56:41 PM
Quote from: Andy S on November 02, 2019, 07:31:21 PM

Well said. Agree completely.
and me

Penfold

Quote from: Sgt Fulham on November 02, 2019, 05:28:39 PM
Quote from: Russianrob on November 02, 2019, 05:18:12 PM
Fulham are Parker's Golden goose from the first moment we signed him as a player who led us to relegation.Continued this for a few seasons in the championship.Eventually got rid of the leech and promoted back to the premier.However,he managed to get back on board and even became coach.Not much left to get now but believe me he will milk us for every penny until he goes!

Completely agree. I don't understand why he is held in high regard here. He was a rubbish player for us, typical of the journeyman in that relegation season and as soon as he buggered off we got promoted. Why on earth is he our manager? Rewarding serial failure.

He's not a Fulham hero, let alone a legend. The sooner we cut ties the better.

Agreed. A desperate attempt by our owners to create a club legend under their stewardship.

Fulham 442

I was quite upbeat about his appointment at first but feel now that Parker is experimenting at Fulham and feels that at this lower level ie the Championship,  it's kind of risk free. If it doesn't work he can move on elsewhere even if it's as a #2 for a while...I don't feel he has any kind of empathy with the club.

Nero

Quote from: Fulham 442 on November 02, 2019, 08:27:06 PM
I was quite upbeat about his appointment at first but feel now that Parker is experimenting at Fulham and feels that at this lower level ie the Championship,  it's kind of risk free. If it doesn't work he can move on elsewhere even if it's as a #2 for a while...I don't feel he has any kind of empathy with the club.

Do you think we could get Stoke to take him

HV71

When we lost Bryan we lost the only player who can deliver a decent cross. The attempts at crossing today were truly woeful either over hit or too weak to trouble their defence. Amateurish and wasteful given the ability of our centre forward ( who must be very frustrated )

Whitestone

Quote from: Carborundum on November 02, 2019, 07:04:06 PM
Three poor decisions from our manager today. Bringing Le Marchand on the wrong call - should have been Sessegnon with Odoi moving across.  Taking Bobby Decordova Reid off was inexplicable. 

Spot on. Couldn't agree more.