Previous topic - Next topic

Should Parker go?

Yes
37 (50%)
No
37 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 74

Rambler

I said this a couple of weeks ago and was shunned.

As I said before the tactics are dreadful and the team looks incredibly stale. Sadly nothing has changed. Bad sporting day all round with the rugby and football

ScalleysDad

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on November 02, 2019, 06:17:15 PM
I do not think any of us would have predicted this scoreline today let alone the performance, it is a massive shock in many ways. Yet perhaps we should have seen it coming.  We have some lazy players who do not support the man on the ball, as well as tracking back to shield the defence. We have a toothless Captain that does not inspire enough or lead when the going gets tough, too many loans maybe, too many individuals who only tend to look good when we are winning, fair weather players, apart from Mitro and Johanson how many others actually bust a gut for the team, maybe Arter and Reed.
Apart from Mawson, add a short in height soft weak defence which has been obvious for a very long time, so no excuses for the crack recruitment unit, and if you include that these individual players are not performing within the framework of the team, and the system of play is floundering.
Then you have to ask ourselves why is this happening after all the talk from some people who clearly said through rose tinted glasses that it was a question of who is going to finish second behind us. The Championship does not work like that, nobody lies down to have their tummy tickled. There are not enough players in the ranks that have a strong enough mentality, they are not prepared at times to go toe to toe and win their own battles.
We do look disjointed caused by players with poor positional sense and a defensive set up whereupon individual defenders will always be liable to give the ball away and fail to pick up their marker.
We do not defend from the front enough, we do not support Mitro enough, and who is supposed to protect the back four. Not enough pace in defence, not enough height in defence, not enough leadership in defence and in the team, not enough pace alround, but it currently looks a fractured team, and to give that kind of performance at home is a massive cause for concern, the defence is not a unit, neither is the team.

Do you want The Director of Football role? There have been several posts relating to the team not being as good as we would like to think it is which is balanced by some thinking we have Prem quality players. The former is of course correct. Mitro is our lifeline and might be the favourite in the Prem quality player debate/poll but he was'nt pursued much, if at all in the summer, and the wonder strikes aside Cairney is a Championship player. That's it and the latter showed why he is'nt playing at a higher level today. The rest might get into a top ten Championship side, oh begorah they are already in one, but as was mentioned in the matchday thread the subs bench today was'nt particularly scary. Thus average players with occasional sparks, big name imports going from very big hits to very wide misses and let's face it a couple of key players from 'that half season' are older and slower now. This is not a Championship busting team ........... yet.  I recall a quote from a Charlton fan after they beat Leeds. "All fur coats and no knickers"

ChesterTheTabby

Christ... the reactions on here. It was a pathetic performance, but it happens. I don't understand the call for SP to be sacked though. Some on here seem to think we're the Manchester United of the South and should be battering teams like Barcelona or Bayern Munich. Reality check, we're the Mighty Fulham. We have a damn good team, but to think that those around us also don't have damn good teams capable of dismantling our own...come on now.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

MikeW

If we are so 'damn good' why are we not leading the pack in automatic promotion stakes as virtually everyone predicted?  We play like a disinterested bunch of overpaid 'not quite good enough' premiership players which was what we were last year if you recall.
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

ScalleysDad

Quote from: OhConnah on November 02, 2019, 09:22:43 PM
Christ... the reactions on here. It was a pathetic performance, but it happens. I don't understand the call for SP to be sacked though. Some on here seem to think we're the Manchester United of the South and should be battering teams like Barcelona or Bayern Munich. Reality check, we're the Mighty Fulham. We have a damn good team, but to think that those around us also don't have damn good teams capable of dismantling our own...come on now.

Sorry Woolly changed my mind. Do you want to be Director of Football and Reality Check operative.

Andy S

The owner said at the beginning of the season that he was aiming for the premiership. That wasn't my quote that was his. If he wants premiership football he needs a different manager

FFC1987

Quote from: OhConnah on November 02, 2019, 09:22:43 PM

'it happens'....when its happening on more of a regular basis, particularly at home, particularly against mid table to bottom half clubs, cause for concern is precisely valid. You'd really have to have your head in the sand to not be looking at the table and the results to think this team is a serious contender for top 2. The Parker experiment failed and its bl**dy boring to watch....

Spirit of 2000

Lets be honest ... anything less than promotion this season is a failure.  Parker is actively failing

ALG01

I think the last four or five games have shown parker to be out of his depth.
he cannot settle on a style or line up and the midfield, which should be our strength is non existen. today je insisted on persevering with TC and stef jo to advanced and too wide. In fact TC by being dso advanced does not affect the game...we did better for a few games when he came deeper and more central but now he is pushed up field again we seem to have 5 at the vback and 5 at the front and nothing ot connect them
also today he made the wrong change at half time, stef jo was the one to go and reid should have dropped back into midfield..

when we attack despite having 5 up field we do not get bodies in the box so no wonder all the crosses are easilly cut out.

AND free kicks and corners are worse than shambolic

and all this is parker's fault. we have a very good attacking squad, but you really wouldn't know it. the players now look unhappy and confused in the same way they did under ranieri. I am coming to the conclusion parker is not the manager to take us forward.

Milo

Added a poll - hope you don't mind. Thought would be interesting. Feel free to remove it (I can do this too!).

FFC1987

Quote from: Milo on November 03, 2019, 12:23:01 AM
Added a poll - hope you don't mind. Thought would be interesting. Feel free to remove it (I can do this too!).

Nah man, fine by me. Would be interested to hear what the majority feel.

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: ALG01 on November 03, 2019, 12:14:43 AM
I think the last four or five games have shown parker to be out of his depth.
he cannot settle on a style or line up and the midfield, which should be our strength is non existen. today je insisted on persevering with TC and stef jo to advanced and too wide. In fact TC by being dso advanced does not affect the game...we did better for a few games when he came deeper and more central but now he is pushed up field again we seem to have 5 at the vback and 5 at the front and nothing ot connect them
also today he made the wrong change at half time, stef jo was the one to go and reid should have dropped back into midfield..

when we attack despite having 5 up field we do not get bodies in the box so no wonder all the crosses are easilly cut out.

AND free kicks and corners are worse than shambolic

and all this is parker's fault. we have a very good attacking squad, but you really wouldn't know it. the players now look unhappy and confused in the same way they did under ranieri. I am coming to the conclusion parker is not the manager to take us forward.

0001.jpeg :plus one:

MikeTheCubed

I don't see any signs of progress under Parker, nor can I make excuses for him such as "he's been unlucky" or "we've got an injury crisis" etc. What I do see is the team being out-sussed by the opposition most weeks. Slavisa by comparison had his fair share of struggles around this time of year however I always felt that he knew what he was doing and that we were on the verge of turning the corner under his management.

Facts Not Fiction

It's 2:30am. Still fuming at the result. Parker is a completely inept manager. He's had 1/3 of the season, and is lucky to be 8th. We've been poo for 90% of it. Time to go.

SuffolkWhite

I would give Parker a few more games to get it right, I don't think a new manager right now is going to sort this out.

The players need to take some responsibility also! The first goal yesterday was a calamity and real Sunday league defending. The only persons fault for that is Maxi's. I agree if things don't improve tactically and the players are lacklustre then he will be fired, I hope the players realise that also.

I can't believe we are 8th after such a poor result which shows how tight this league is, but we can't have too many bad days at the office if we are to be promoted. We don't look like a Championship winning and automatic promotion team but we might scrape the Play Off's as things stand.

Like I say a few more games to sort it out.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Mince n Tatties

I left before end,so didn't hear,but according to radio thus morn there was booing and a few chants of Parker out...Anyone hear this?

colinwhite

Entitled supporters. Makes me sick to my stomach.

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 03, 2019, 08:07:14 AM
I left before end,so didn't hear,but according to radio thus morn there was booing and a few chants of Parker out...Anyone hear this?
Plenty of boos from JH stand and a few lone voices from the back shouting Parker out but no more than that. I dont think there is a surge of 'Out' feeling at this moment in time, just frustration.
Just the views of a long term fan

snarks

Well here we go, we lose and it's sack the manager, sack the board, sack the players, x should never wear the shirt again, like some form of Bingo.

At least a lot of you can say house!

grandad

Wow, 2 points off 4th & only 5 off top in a league where any team can beat anyone as the table shows. Sack the manager, get a journeyman manager in such as Pulis or the like, managers who earn more being out of work living off their severance payouts.
The same old kneejerkers who rarely have anything good to say after a win but quick to jump on the bandwagon when we drop a point.

Yes , yesterday was poor all round but it happens to every side at some point. Better to vocally support the team than to resort to social media slagging off the Manager & team. Players do read these comments & it does nothing to boost their confidence.
Where there's a will there's a wife