watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Cyrus Christie

Started by Mince n Tatties, November 03, 2019, 07:58:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steed the legend

On the debate about Cyrus Christie, I do not think the the position of right back should be the only consideration. He is strong, quick, and given this I really believe he should be given a try as the right sided centre back.
Look how Chambers season was transformed by moving his position. For all those ex footballers out there I know how I enjoyed playing in different positions to gain a better insight on how best to play that position.  Its worth a try.

toshes mate

As someone who was critical of Christie as 'a replacement for Ryan Fredericks' and can see why there is a sense of unfairness in him forever being labelled not good enough.  I've watched him in all the games he has played for the Republic of Ireland (mostly midfield) and he is a reasonably good footballer although nothing special at that level. I still believe he was a silly TK purchase when news was out that Fredericks was PL bound with a.n.other, regardless how FFC concluded the season.  He is not a Ryan Fredericks but he is most certainly a Cyrus Christie and seemingly cannot be any worse than some of the dross being served up in his absence.  But he has had his chances in the past and passed them up. If nobody else can be bothered to make the RB position their own (and Denis Odoi is Mr Utility) and he knows what it takes to catch Mr Parker's eye  then it is down to Mr Christie isn't it? ...

Statto

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 05, 2019, 07:15:48 AM
I just can't fathom why he isn't in the matchday squad,has there been a fallout with the club over the so called incident with his sister?(Please no more comments on if or not it happened,we've been all thorough that).

I'd be astounded if he wasn't being fully-backed by the club.

However, without going into "comments on if or not it happened", the fact is a lot of people are sceptical about that incident and it has adversely affected his connection with fans. He even came out and said the other day, "I know they don't like me".

I suspect his head is just in the wrong place, confidence is shot and/or he's being left out to insulate him from further verbal abuse.

All things considered, it would be good if all parties could just move on because he's clearly a solid Championship right back when on form. 

FFC1987

Quote from: Statto on November 05, 2019, 10:51:47 AM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on November 05, 2019, 07:15:48 AM
I just can't fathom why he isn't in the matchday squad,has there been a fallout with the club over the so called incident with his sister?(Please no more comments on if or not it happened,we've been all thorough that).

I'd be astounded if he wasn't being fully-backed by the club.

However, without going into "comments on if or not it happened", the fact is a lot of people are sceptical about that incident and it has adversely affected his connection with fans. He even came out and said the other day, "I know they don't like me".

I suspect his head is just in the wrong place, confidence is shot and/or he's being left out to insulate him from further verbal abuse.

All things considered, it would be good if all parties could just move on because he's clearly a solid Championship right back when on form.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's said he doesn't want to play as head isn't right and atmosphere toxic. I believe he has similar problems in the past.

filham

After two goaless games our priority against Birmingham must be a goal or two.

Christie with his pace down the right flank could help our cause.

Whitestone

I think it is widely accepted on this forum that we haven't found a solution at right back this season. I have seen it mentioned in a number of posts that Cyrus Christie is considered a decent Championship defender to which I agree.

Our entire defence struggled last season yet the likes of Odoi, Ream, and Bettinelli have been getting consistent game time this season. Le Marchand less so and not really a surprise. For some reason Christie is being left out of match day squads on a regular basis. He hasn't started a match this season and has only had two substitute appearances totalling 60 minutes. I'd like to know why he isn't being selected because he's exactly what we need at the moment. He's got a bit of pace and likes to get forward.

I'd like to see Christie at right back and Rodak reinstated in goal against Birmingham.

Finnans Right Peg

Going back to saturday the easy thing to do was put odoi at left ful and nring on sess or failing that put harrision right full and bring on kev (just going by the bench we had ).

I do agree that cyrus should have been on the bench has he can cover a few postions and is a better option then mlm