https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR pre match build up

Started by Riversider, November 12, 2019, 12:01:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Riversider on November 19, 2019, 03:14:35 PM
Joe Bryan appears in the training photos, great news if he makes it  049:gif
Hammersmith End virtually sold out, but still a couple of hundred available in The Johnny Haynes Stand.

Yet the Riverside hasn't sold a single ticket. Disappointing.

Fulhamfan666

Quote from: Riversider on November 19, 2019, 03:14:35 PM
Joe Bryan appears in the training photos, great news if he makes it  049:gif
Hammersmith End virtually sold out, but still a couple of hundred available in The Johnny Haynes Stand.

Should be a great atmosphere then !! COYW

Riversider

Overnight Tim Ream has featured for the U.S against Cuba, in a game that was largely meaningless after the 1st minute when the U.S went one up, before going on to win 4 nil,
What a sorry state U.S football must be in that a centre half of Reams age has to play the full 90 minutes when they've extensively already qualified, surely they've got a younger centre half that they would want to give some minutes to !

Statto

Quote from: Riversider on November 20, 2019, 07:09:52 AM
Overnight Tim Ream has featured for the U.S against Cuba, in a game that was largely meaningless after the 1st minute when the U.S went one up, before going on to win 4 nil,
What a sorry state U.S football must be in that a centre half of Reams age has to play the full 90 minutes when they've extensively already qualified, surely they've got a younger centre half that they would want to give some minutes to !

Agree, disappointing and doesn't reflect well on Ream that he couldnt respectfully request to sit this one out

Twig

Quote from: Statto on November 20, 2019, 08:18:37 AM

Agree, disappointing and doesn't reflect well on Ream that he couldnt respectfully request to sit this one out

Doesn't reflect well on Ream?  It's not his fault he was picked and he may just subscribe to old fashioned notions like; proud to play for my country. 

MJG

Quote from: Twig on November 20, 2019, 08:23:48 AM

Doesn't reflect well on Ream?  It's not his fault he was picked and he may just subscribe to old fashioned notions like; proud to play for my country.
:plus one:
Just the views of a long term fan

Dr Quinzel

The Americans I speak to would suggest that it is indeed, in a sorry state.

Statto

Quote from: MJG on November 20, 2019, 09:06:15 AM

No need to balance that against being proud to play for his club then?
So a de facto friendly for the USA against a bunch of road sweepers trumps the West London derby and a top 6 six-pointer for his club?

The Rational Fan

Quote from: Statto on November 20, 2019, 09:43:15 AM

So a de facto friendly for the USA against a bunch of road sweepers trumps the West London derby and a top 6 six-pointer for his club?

Without Mitrovoic, we need our full-backs to get forward (Christie & Bryan) and a centre-back pairing that can cover full-backs. It's time to try the speedier backline of "Christie, Odoi, Mawson and Bryan"; Mawson and Ream aren't a great CB pairing and any rotation may help us find a better pairing.

Riversider

Once we had announced that Michael Hector was going to be joining in January,  there was very little chance that Ream was going to do us a favour, it's the U.S I blame , surely they've got a younger centre half that could have played against a side as poor as Cuba.

Chesh

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 20, 2019, 09:54:07 AM

Without Mitrovoic, we need our full-backs to get forward (Christie & Bryan) and a centre-back pairing that can cover full-backs. It's time to try the speedier backline of "Christie, Odoi, Mawson and Bryan"; Mawson and Ream aren't a great CB pairing and any rotation may help us find a better pairing.
0001.jpeg
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Twig

It's still playing for your country and I for one applaud pride in the national shirt.  And anyway you exaggerate, playing the haha's is no more a six pointer than any other mid season match against a mid table club.

What's more I tend to agree with TRF on this one, there's nothing magical about the Ream & Mawson CB pairing. Some rotation could be a good thing.

toshes mate

I am sure Tim Ream enjoyed a good work out with his national team in a game where only pride was at stake.  It must be a pleasant break from some of the flack he gets from supporters of his home club no matter what he does or doesn't do. 

RaySmith

He must wonder what's happening when he goes from Player of the Season to 'useless, and the reason for our failure.'

I think it's great that he has done so well to be called up, and captain, of his national team at his age, and am sure he is justifiably proud, but I know he will not play for Fulham unless he knows he can give his all and of his best, as he always does.

Enfield

Quote from: The Rational Fan on November 20, 2019, 09:54:07 AM

Oh, yes the dead speedy Mawson !

Riversider

QPR the only team in the Top 4 divisions yet to have kept a clean sheet !
We have got history with helping teams get rid of their unwanted records,
It couldn't happen again could it, ......could it ?

Dr Quinzel

Quote from: Riversider on November 22, 2019, 01:57:58 PM

I was just starting to look forward to the game....

SuffolkWhite

Quote from: Riversider on November 22, 2019, 01:57:58 PM

Awwww that sinking feeling again........ But lets be positive, even without Mitro and on paper we should get something from this game right!? Right!? Right? Oh dear its all gone quite in hear  :022:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

davew

The bookies fancy us more likely to beat Derby on Tuesday (4/7) than QPR tonight (we are 4/5), must be the Mitro factor? I thinking winning either game would not be a bad result providing we don´t lose 1 of the games.
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

SuffolkWhite

For automatic promotion we really need 7 points from the next 3 games whichever way they come.
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"