watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Tottenham appoint Mourinho

Started by brightster, November 19, 2019, 07:45:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brightster

Big news just breaking, Poch sacked at spurs!

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Art Vandelay

He won't be out of a job for long, wouldn't be surprised if he took over at the club that stuffed them 7-2 not so long ago.

Agree Ryan must be gutted

Southcoastffc

Benitez, Mourinho and Magath must be tweaking their cvs.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Early rumours are Jose will go there. Backwards step for them.
Warnock is also free.
Poch wont be free for long. Probably end up at real madrid.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Nero

see Parker leaves jis coaching team and he ends up getting sacked

Statto

Personally think he's well overrated anyway 
Last season's Champions' League cup run aside, he's met expectations whilst at Spurs, rather than exceeding them IMO
A bit like finishing 2nd in the Championship with the current Fulham team - respectable but expected, so nothing special

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Statto on November 19, 2019, 08:23:53 PM
Personally think he's well overrated anyway 
Last season's Champions' League cup run aside, he's met expectations whilst at Spurs, rather than exceeding them IMO
A bit like finishing 2nd in the Championship with the current Fulham team - respectable but expected, so nothing special

Agree....Over hyped for some reason
10 years as a manager,Espanyol, Southampton and Spurs...Trophies won....Zilch.

Mince n Tatties

Eddie Howe....Shoe in.
Scotty Parker 66/1 with bookies😁

Nero

hmm could we get Sess back on the cheap if Mourinho joins he doesnt like youngsters

Milo

Quote from: Nero on November 19, 2019, 08:46:02 PM
hmm could we get Sess back on the cheap if Mourinho joins he doesnt like youngsters

Will have watched Sess a lot though as watches Fulham live quite a bit.

ScalleysDad

I understand that the whole coaching staff have been given P45's as well. At the risk of feeding fuel to the Parker out debate it would not be too daft a move for the incoming Manager to take SP and some of his team back to shore up things whilst the new staff get settled in. They know the players which is far more than the newbies will. IF an approach is made it will be a big statement from SP and Khan to say No, go away.

It's an IF of course. No evidence, insider info, sneak peeks, nuffing

Burt

Brave decision... They've done well under him relative to what went before.

I'm sure he won't be out of a job for too long.

BigbadBillyMcKinley

Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 19, 2019, 09:20:37 PM
I understand that the whole coaching staff have been given P45's as well. At the risk of feeding fuel to the Parker out debate it would not be too daft a move for the incoming Manager to take SP and some of his team back to shore up things whilst the new staff get settled in. They know the players which is far more than the newbies will. IF an approach is made it will be a big statement from SP and Khan to say No, go away.

Absolutely won't happen. They'll have their eyes on bigger names.
Everything is difficult before it's easy!

Whitestone

Overrated, over hyped some on here say ? The guy took an un-fancied team to a Champions League Final. He may not have won anything but under his stewardship Spurs have been transformed into contenders. Bizarre decision which I think they'll regret, particularly if they go for Mourinho.

ScalleysDad

Quote from: BigbadBillyMcKinley on November 19, 2019, 10:21:41 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on November 19, 2019, 09:20:37 PM

Absolutely won't happen. They'll have their eyes on bigger names.

Big name absolutely but I was thinking about the coaching set up. Spurs could be looking for a Manager plus a back room staff of up to fifteen front line coaches, medics, Physio's etc.

Southcoastffc

I do like the fanciful notion of Warnock going there!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

St Eve

Oh no we are going to lose out on"the special one"

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Whitestone on November 19, 2019, 10:26:25 PM
Overrated, over hyped some on here say ? The guy took an un-fancied team to a Champions League Final. He may not have won anything but under his stewardship Spurs have been transformed into contenders. Bizarre decision which I think they'll regret, particularly if they go for Mourinho.

Unfancied team,the squad of players he's had under him,plenty of managers would have done the same and got them in top 4,imo.
Like I said 10 years in top flight football, won nothing.
Could easily prove me wrong in future, nearly always the case.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 19, 2019, 11:05:23 PM
I do like the fanciful notion of Warnock going there!

Yes,would love to see what he could do with some decent players to work with instead of some of the plodders in the past.
And a picture of his first day of training of him kicking Deli Ali's arse and telling him to pull himself together.😊