Main Menu

Another good win

Started by Allestree andy, November 29, 2019, 09:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allestree andy

2-1 away good win this mittro on target again  049:gif 049:gif 049:gif
To the limit and beyond

Tabby

Mitro and Rodak carrying the team today. Will never complain about an away win though.

WindyCity

Kudos also to Rodak.  Key great saves, especially in first half.  Nice road win!!

gang

Texas White

A nice start to the weekend

General

As others have mentioned, not a pretty game by any stretch of the imagination and in balance perhaps swansea deserved to get a point. That said I'll take it, we took our chances thanks to Mitro - Rodak made some great saves and our defence, odoi in particular played well. I remember when we went something ridiculous like two years without winning away and going to the away game against Reading the year we did the miraculous escape.. Not only does that feel like an age ago, and a relief ago too - but it's as important now to be able to win games ugly.

Let's not forget, most of our starting line up last played a game on Tuesday - so it's a lot to take out of your legs.

General

Plus there have been more injuries to our squad - abou only survived a late fitness test. Arter, Decordova Reid, Reed etc all need to come back - hopefully soon. Getting through December and January is going to be very testing. But we've consolidated third place now, although Nottingham Forest have two games in hand still.

bahay18

It was a fantastic team effort and I'm not sure too many other teams have been asked to play 3 long distance away games on Friday night . I don't think we should under estimate that , that's a great effort to come through those 3 games with 7 points . 

grandad

3rd in 8 days & won them all.
Where there's a will there's a wife

davew

A very fortunate win, well done Rodak and Mitro, didn´t see many other memorable performances, the lads looked tired!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

filham

A little bit lucky , they really didn't take their chances but an away win is worth a lot and sets us up nicely for the next match at home.
So important to have a good keeper and a striker who can score frequently. It is goals that count.

davew

Quote from: General on November 29, 2019, 09:53:35 PM
As others have mentioned, not a pretty game by any stretch of the imagination and in balance perhaps swansea deserved to get a point. That said I'll take it, we took our chances thanks to Mitro - Rodak made some great saves and our defence, odoi in particular played well. I remember when we went something ridiculous like two years without winning away and going to the away game against Reading the year we did the miraculous escape.. Not only does that feel like an age ago, and a relief ago too - but it's as important now to be able to win games ugly.

Let's not forget, most of our starting line up last played a game on Tuesday - so it's a lot to take out of your legs.
Most of Swansea´s team played Tuesday as well, they looked a lot livelier than we did! A nice win though!
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)