Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spirit of 2000

Quote from: Riversider on December 12, 2019, 01:37:36 PM
Quote from: Spirit of 2000 on December 12, 2019, 08:52:07 AM
Quote from: Riversider on December 12, 2019, 07:40:25 AM
I keep hoping we get linked with some of the following, Eze (QPR) Watkins (Brentford) Grosicki (Hull) Bowen (Hull)
All players that have got a rising stock, any one of those four would do, though I appreciate none of them are the defenders we need.

All would cost plenty of £££ and sadly our budget is very tight to FFP and we will 100% not be spending big until we sell big - i.e. once Mitro is sold as he most assuredly will be once we fail to get promoted this season as our manager isn't up to it.

Didn't we sell big when Sessegnon went to Spurs ? And what about Elliott to Liverpool, that's over £30 million for those two.

Hector didn't sign in the last window as Sessegnon deal hadnt gone through. Hector was only 5 ir 6 mil. Our up front ££ for Elliot isnt huge. There isnt a ton of cash waiting to be spent.

Statto

I'm guessing we've spent £25-30m in fees this season

Hector £6-8m
Arter £1-2m loan fee
Reid £10-11m
Reed £1m loan fee
Knockaert £3-4m loan fee
Cavaleiro £3-4m loan fee

But of course the way it works is these fees are accounted for over several years and the damage this year is us still accounting for Seri, Anguissa et al

Chutney

Quote from: Statto on December 12, 2019, 02:42:59 PM

Hector £6-8m
Arter £1-2m loan fee
Reid £10-11m
Reed £1m loan fee
Knockaert £3-4m loan fee
Cavaleiro £3-4m loan fee

But of course the way it works is these fees are accounted for over several years and the damage this year is us still accounting for Seri, Anguissa et al

Who on earth would agree 10-11mil for Reid?!

We've had our pants down there.
C O Y W

fulhamben

Quote from: Chutney on December 12, 2019, 03:47:00 PM
Quote from: Statto on December 12, 2019, 02:42:59 PM

Hector £6-8m
Arter £1-2m loan fee
Reid £10-11m
Reed £1m loan fee
Knockaert £3-4m loan fee
Cavaleiro £3-4m loan fee

Who on earth would agree 10-11mil for Reid?!

We've had our pants down there.
both reid/ and reed were loans with bobby apprantley having some clause that we buy him for 10 ish at end of season
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

N_O_W_S

I keep hoping we get linked with some of the following, Eze (QPR) Watkins (Brentford) Grosicki (Hull) Bowen (Hull)
All players that have got a rising stock, any one of those four would do, though I appreciate none of them are the defenders we need.

All would cost plenty of £££ and sadly our budget is very tight to FFP and we will 100% not be spending big until we sell big - i.e. once Mitro is sold as he most assuredly will be once we fail to get promoted this season as our manager isn't up to it.

Didn't we sell big when Sessegnon went to Spurs ? And what about Elliott to Liverpool, that's over £30 million for those two.

Elliot is via tribunal. No idea when that decision is due, but historically tribunal money isn't very much.

With regards to Sess, it would depend on how the deal is structured. It might be £25m over 6 years or something. We don't know.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Ols_S on December 12, 2019, 04:43:45 PM

Elliot is via tribunal. No idea when that decision is due, but historically tribunal money isn't very much.

With regards to Sess, it would depend on how the deal is structured. It might be £25m over 6 years or something. We don't know.
It's a deal with Fagin from Spuds so probably over 100 years!

70sPimlico

Looking forward to seeing Hector, who I imagine will get the Villa cup game. I wonder who he will replace

Friendsoffulham

Fulham Linked With The January Acquisition Of A Winger

With Fulham sitting, as I type, in fourth place in the Championship table, hopes of a quick return to the Premier League are gathering momentum.

In a matter of days, the January transfer window will open and it could prove to be a vital period for the club.

Decisions have to be made as to whether there is a necessity, and the funds are available, to bring some fresh talent to Craven Cottage to give our promotion push some added impetus.

Yesterday, lurking in the pages of The Daily Mail was the inference that Fulham may well be interested in bringing in a young winger, on loan.

The winger in question is Jack Clarke, a 19-year-old who is on the books of Tottenham Hotspur but who is currently on loan at Leeds United.

Clarke joined Tottenham back in the summer but was loaned back to Leeds to further his ongoing development.

But Clarke hasn't been able to get the amount of first-team action Tottenham would like and he could be recalled.

Fulham, having sold Ryan Sessegnon to Tottenham back in the summer, could be the next stop-off point for the teenager although we should point out that our London rivals, Brentford, are also said, by our referenced source, to be interested.

Here at Vital Fulham we'll keep our eyes open for any further development and report back as deemed necessary.

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/fulham-linked-with-the-january-acquisition-of-a-winger/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Jeroen

Seri isn't happy at Galatasaray apparently.... would you take him back?!?

Twig

Quote from: Jeroen on December 26, 2019, 08:07:16 PM

No absolutely not. I'd like to see him loaned out to a French team in the hope that he shows some form and we sell him for not too great a loss.

AnOldBrownie

Hell no.  I wouldn't start him over any of our top 4 midfielders.   I don't rate Harrison Reed as a CDM but i'd have him start over Seri.

Back on topic...

I know Wigan isn't a good side right now, but I'd definitely try and steal Antonee Robinson from Wigan.   I've seen him in a few games for the USA and I like his potential.    imo he's at least equal to Joe Bryan skill wise (and better than MLM as a left back) and keeping pressure on Joe Bryan for that starting LB spot is important.   

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on December 26, 2019, 03:03:32 PM
Fulham Linked With The January Acquisition Of A Winger

With Fulham sitting, as I type, in fourth place in the Championship table, hopes of a quick return to the Premier League are gathering momentum.

In a matter of days, the January transfer window will open and it could prove to be a vital period for the club.

Decisions have to be made as to whether there is a necessity, and the funds are available, to bring some fresh talent to Craven Cottage to give our promotion push some added impetus.

Yesterday, lurking in the pages of The Daily Mail was the inference that Fulham may well be interested in bringing in a young winger, on loan.

The winger in question is Jack Clarke, a 19-year-old who is on the books of Tottenham Hotspur but who is currently on loan at Leeds United.

Clarke joined Tottenham back in the summer but was loaned back to Leeds to further his ongoing development.

But Clarke hasn't been able to get the amount of first-team action Tottenham would like and he could be recalled.

Fulham, having sold Ryan Sessegnon to Tottenham back in the summer, could be the next stop-off point for the teenager although we should point out that our London rivals, Brentford, are also said, by our referenced source, to be interested.

Here at Vital Fulham we'll keep our eyes open for any further development and report back as deemed necessary.

https://fulham.vitalfootball.co.uk/fulham-linked-with-the-january-acquisition-of-a-winger/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Two simple questions.

1.  Why is he not playing for Leeds?
2.  Why would he leave Leeds to go to a team lower in the table?

Arthur

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 26, 2019, 10:13:28 PM
Two simple questions.

In answer to your second question, in view of that he signed for Spurs, it is reasonable to presume that his aim is to become good enough to play for them. Sitting it out at Elland Road is doing nothing to further his cause.

Woolly Mammoth

No sir, I would rather nail my tongue to the Jaws of an angry shark with toothache.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

joemole

Cameron Carter-Vickers is being recalled by Spurs from Stoke and they are looking for another Championship club where he will play more in January. He can play fullback or center half, and has looked good playing for the US. Asking price to buy is only 4 million. Could be worth a look.

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: joemole on December 27, 2019, 06:34:58 PM
Cameron Carter-Vickers is being recalled by Spurs from Stoke and they are looking for another Championship club where he will play more in January. He can play fullback or center half, and has looked good playing for the US. Asking price to buy is only 4 million. Could be worth a look.

I like him...but I'm not sure he'd start over Michael Hector or Tim Ream.   Also, if he were used at the CDM spot...is he much better than Harrison?

If he came in I'd consider it a positive though.

Why isn't he playing more for Stoke?  (always the question)

AnOldBrownie

Quote from: Arthur on December 27, 2019, 03:35:36 AM
Quote from: AnOldBrownie on December 26, 2019, 10:13:28 PM
Two simple questions.

In answer to your second question, in view of that he signed for Spurs, it is reasonable to presume that his aim is to become good enough to play for them. Sitting it out at Elland Road is doing nothing to further his cause.

True.  But then I'm thinking my first question is the waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important one for a team looking to bring him in.    What does Leeds not see in him?

Jims Dentist

bobby01

I would like Barry Bannon of sheff weds. Always impressed when I see him plenty of talent and energy
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

We Are Premier League

Khan was fairly pissed off by the spuds after the late Sess transfer so I'm not sure he would swallow his pride and ask for a lend of Clarke or Carter-Vickers...