watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

January Silly Season Transfer Thread 2019/20

Started by Friendsoffulham, December 02, 2019, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Porthogs FC

Would anyone think there is a chance TC leaves this window? How many times has he been "on" his game this year? With McDonald, Arter, Reed, Johansen, Onomah, Reid, Cisse, the youth, as well as Seri looking to be sold, we could have quite the kitty to either sign another midfielder OR other positions.
Or am I just off my rocker?

BestOfBrede

Quote from: Porthogs FC on January 07, 2020, 06:46:29 PM
Would anyone think there is a chance TC leaves this window? How many times has he been "on" his game this year? With McDonald, Arter, Reed, Johansen, Onomah, Reid, Cisse, the youth, as well as Seri looking to be sold, we could have quite the kitty to either sign another midfielder OR other positions.
Off your rocker!
Too important to us at present - great player!

AnOldBrownie

I think someone threw your rocker away before you could fall off it.  No, seriously...

I don't see the Khans letting ANY players go out the door this window.  We just got over missing 4 midfielders (including Cairney) due to illness or injury.    We need everybody...well, except Cisse.

DevonFFC

MANCHESTER UNITED hero Antonio Valencia is so desperate for a move back to England that he is willing to play in the Championship, according to reports.

Would you take him?

jayffc

Quote from: DevonFFC on January 07, 2020, 11:09:22 PM
MANCHESTER UNITED hero Antonio Valencia is so desperate for a move back to England that he is willing to play in the Championship, according to reports.

Would you take him?

Even at 34, if he'd sign on a free or for a loan for the rest of this season I wouldn't mind him as RB option. Would rather a player in their prime though

jayffc

Quote from: jayffc on January 07, 2020, 11:55:56 PM

Would you take him?

Even at 34, if he'd sign on a free or for a loan for the rest of this season I wouldn't mind him as RB option. Would rather a player in their prime though

Just watched some youtube clips from last year, looks like hes still got some pace to him in fairness, albeit playing in Ecuador. If it was on the cheap, might be worth a punt...gotta be better than Christie and a brilliant person for Sess or Fossey to learn from?

We Are Premier League

Marcus Maddison for €2.5m? I would take that!

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

The Rational Fan

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 07, 2020, 10:20:57 PM

I think someone threw your rocker away before you could fall off it.  No, seriously...

I don't see the Khans letting ANY players go out the door this window.  We just got over missing 4 midfielders (including Cairney) due to illness or injury.    We need everybody...well, except Cisse.

Of course, there is a chance Cairney leaves, my guess such a decision would only be made if we have given up on promotion this season and concentrating on getting funds, players and teamwork for next season. Unfortuantely, if Seri is returned that could book a loss on the balance sheet and if avoiding FFP punishment becomes Fulham's first priority then Cairney is the obvious choice as he has no book value. More than any other player selling Cairney would get us out of any large FFP issues instantly, Betts is another more likely sale that could get out of small FFP problems.

Alternatively, if Seri and Anguissa hold their value according to the director of football then no FFP problems will occur. Ideally, we need a DOF of football that can honestly say that Seri is still a top top player (keeping Seri's book value around £15m), such DOFs are hard to find but fortunately, we may have such a DOF so avoid the player evaluation and resultant FFP issues that would require selling Cairney. Sacking the DOF could lead to selling Cairney or Mitro, because a new DOF may have to devalue Seri's book value and balance the books.

DevonFFC

charlieFFC

Contrary to some of my reasoning for not wanting Drinkwater, I would actually take Antonio Valencia on till end of season with option for another year. Obviously would depend on wage demands but feel like he would be a good temporary solution where we can re evaluate in Summer and sign someone depending on which league we are in next season.

Barrett487

Club make offer for Fulham player – Claim agreement has been found

According to Sabah, Lyon have made an offer for Fulham midfielder Jean Michael Seri, who's currently on loan at Galatasaray.

The Ivorian midfielder hasn't had the best of spells with Galatasaray this season and there were recent reports in the Turkish press that he could leave the Super Lig club in this transfer window.

Sabah report Lyon have reached an agreement with Fulham over a permanent transfer for Seri, however, Galatasaray would need to agree to this. There no is indication what the Ligue 1 side have offered for the central midfielder.

The Turkish club's manager Fatih Terim reportedly wants to give the 28 year old another chance as he believes he could become an important player once they complete all their transfers in this window.

Seri joined Fulham during the 2108 summer window, but signed for Gala on loan a few months ago after the west London side were relegated to the Championship.

He has made 15 appearances for Istanbul club in all competitions this season.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/club-make-offer-fulham-player-claim-agreement-made/

filham

No doubt we are overloaded with players to fill the three midfield positions. Would make sense to move one or two on and replace with a top left back. Please not Cairney.

grandad

I have decided not to view any transfer related posts nor the media Transfer Gossip pages. It does not serve any purpose. Just frustrates me to Hell with what is really Bedroom amateur journos. I will await any news only from the Offal.
Where there's a will there's a wife

sarnian

Quote from: grandad on January 08, 2020, 09:34:38 PM
I have decided not to view any transfer related posts nor the media Transfer Gossip pages. It does not serve any purpose. Just frustrates me to Hell with what is really Bedroom amateur journos. I will await any news only from the Offal.

These media transfer gossip pages are just nobodies trying to be someone important with inside knowledge. My under 5 grandchildren know more about football than they do. Talk about :dead horse:

bog

Would you take him?

Yes.

AnOldBrownie

Anyone can have Seri for a pack of smokes.   I have no idea why so many gave him such a long rope.   He didn't fit the position he was played in, and he wasn't as good as Tom Cairney as a #10.

Sting of the North

Quote from: AnOldBrownie on January 09, 2020, 11:04:46 AM
Anyone can have Seri for a pack of smokes.   I have no idea why so many gave him such a long rope.   He didn't fit the position he was played in, and he wasn't as good as Tom Cairney as a #10.

There are very good reasons for why we shouldn't just give Seri away. If you have missed them, although they have been explained about a thousand times now by various members on here, a hint is FFP. Thus, the discussion is not about how good he is/isn't or was/wasn't, and neither if he would fit into our team.

f321ffc

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

f321ffc

From Twitter
Fulham were credited with an interest in Youssouf Sabaly in January 2019, but they failed to get the deal over the line.
Foot Mercato now claims Bordeaux will offload a few players in the winter market and the 26-year-old is included in the list. The Cottagers once again get a mention and it's claimed Fulham's €12m offer last year came in late, which is why the French club couldn't respond.

According to the report, the fullback is once again offered to clubs in England and this includes the Championship side.
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional